New Song Title? 'Painted Me Wrong'

RogueSoul

I don't think they will ever make an album with a personal pronoun in the title (and I hope they don't), I really like how they've named their past albums.

Well, they said this album is more personal (lyrically) than their previous albums, so I think that there might be a personal pronoun in the album title, but I don't think Painted Me Wrong is the album title, even though it's also possible. It kind of reminds me of how they showed THP title for the first time in the GATS previewing video, it also seemed like the album was a bit far from being done...who knows maybe same thing is happening here.

The thing that interests me about this is that there actually could be a hidden message here. Like said above, the band teased the album title for THP in that 6 sec clip of GATS before GATS even came out as a single. The band are infamous for trolling the fans and also keeping the fans guessing, etc. But it's also possible that this is being looked into way too far and it's just a random video of Mike playing with sounds. So who knows. But I could see the album title this time around being something personal like that, since the band has said that a lot of the songs are very personal this time around, etc. I don't particularly think ''Painted Me Wrong'' is the album title. If anything, I think it could be the name of the first single, a.k.a. the Blackbear and LP song. I will be extremely shocked if the first single isn't that Blackbear and LP song, and I feel like we have already heard a clip from it with that video Blackbear leaked last month of Mike singing. The beat in that song sounds very much like Blackbear's music and that's for sure Mike singing no question. Could be the demo of the song, Chester could be on the final version, but who knows. I do believe that's the song.

The other day there was that video posted with what looked like new merch ideas and it was Blackbear and LP, their logos were mashed up and it looked professional. I have this gut feeling that something may be coming and that the first single might be the song they did with Blackbear. Keep in mind that THP wasn't even finished yet when they released GATS, nor was LT when they released BID.

post-126519-0-66646800-1474739452_thumb.png

This guy is holding up what looks like a patch and it's one of the symbols on LP's new ''patch'' shirt that they have in the merch store. But to the side of him is that Blackbear x LP logo. I mean, why else would they produce that? I think we are on the verge of something coming, possibly a single... I mean I know the album is expected for 2017 but I see no reason as to why the first single wouldn't come either next month or in November or December. Very long wait in between music if not. THP was released in June of 2014 and it's already been over 2 years now since then. I fully expect a single this year.

Edited by Geki

Title could just be "Painted Me." The "To both DBX's" obviously refers to something being sent to a pair of DBX rackmount processors (probably one of their compressors/limiters/gates that are found in basically every studio everywhere). 2.7 is probably some kind of numbering system for what is actually being sent to the rack units. Track 2, take 7 is a possibility, or 2.7 could also be a specific setting for one of the parameters on the DBX unit. The presence of the Post-It note on the monitor seems to indicate some kind of reminder/correction that needs to be addressed, so "wrong" could easily just be an indicator of "Hey, fix this."

"Painted Me - Wrong 2.7 to both DBX's" is how I would read that.

Edited by Astat

• 2 years later...