2015.1.18 - Indianapolis, Indiana

RogueSoul

I feel bad about the band, right now. THP was made "because the rock industry lacked some heavy rock acts" and because they were "angry". The album was very good compared to Living things, has a ton of material for Live shows .

But it sales were quite bad and the band "had to make a choice" by scrapping new songs for old ones. The band gets contradictory again. Most of their songs are still poppy songs , and to be honnest , the core of the set (from the Medley to In the End) is really boring and seems sooooo long. (and looks the same since 2010)

So I guess LP will make a statement by 2016, saying they are now 40 and don't want to play something heavy anymore. Typpical LP.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past 6 months, all I've seen here is constant complaining that LP isn't playing APFMH live anymore. Seriously it got to the point that it made me not want to visit this site anymore. Now the band finally listens, adds it back into the set and people still complain. No one here is ever satisfied. You people complain like little babies over things that don't even matter. Whether you guys like the songs or not, LP is putting on a great show. They care more about the people at the concert being satisfied rather than some babies complaining on a message board. I was there at Orlando and every person I talked to at the show including myself had an amazing time. Out of the 6 LP shows I've been to, this has been their best performance I've seen yet. Stop trying so hard to be "elitists" about this band. We all listen to one of the most popular bands in the world. We're not special.

For the past 6 months, all I've seen here is constant complaining that LP isn't playing APFMH live anymore. Seriously it got to the point that it made me not want to visit this site anymore. Now the band finally listens, adds it back into the set and people still complain. No one here is ever satisfied. You people complain like little babies over things that don't even matter. Whether you guys like the songs or not, LP is putting on a great show. They care more about the people at the concert being satisfied rather than some babies complaining on a message board. I was there at Orlando and every person I talked to at the show including myself had an amazing time. Out of the 6 LP shows I've been to, this has been their best performance I've seen yet. Stop trying so hard to be "elitists" about this band. We all listen to one of the most popular bands in the world. We're not special.

I've seriously never given a crap whether they play APFMH or not.

For the past 6 months, all I've seen here is constant complaining that LP isn't playing APFMH live anymore. Seriously it got to the point that it made me not want to visit this site anymore. Now the band finally listens, adds it back into the set and people still complain.

You act as if everyone is being contradictory and complaining that they added APFMH. People are complaining because they won't play the new songs as any normal band would on a tour promoting a new album. It has nothing to do with APFMH. When most people suggest changing the setlist they have been leaving APFMH as it is, suggesting dropping things like the Ballad Medley and whatnot for THP songs.

Before the LT tours I was hoping that With You would be in some sets but then I saw that it hadn't been played in half a decade before then. It was a delightful surprise to see it return in 2012 but now I don't really care and I hope it gets rotated for some THP songs. I'm actually alright with APFMH and I enjoy it, Brad's intro to it is a bonus. FTI is good for now because it is making a comeback but that could end up like WY for me by next year

I've seriously never given a crap whether they play APFMH or not.

I don't even like APFMH or From The Inside that much at all.

I'm actually pretty content with the selection of songs they've been using for these sets over the past couple of legs of the tour (although as an ATS fanboy, I'd like more of that back in :P). My one complaint has just been about shortened songs.

Edited by LINKINMARK

You act as if everyone is being contradictory and complaining that they added APFMH. People are complaining because they won't play the new songs as any normal band would on a tour promoting a new album. It has nothing to do with APFMH. When most people suggest changing the setlist they have been leaving APFMH as it is, suggesting dropping things like the Ballad Medley and whatnot for THP songs.

But you've got to think of it in the band's perspective. There has to be some diversity and balance in the setlists. The Ballad Medley serves as a great breather in between all of the heavier songs. If the shows only consisted of heavy songs, it would become boring and redundant. Plus, there are a lot of fans who only like those songs as well. The band is trying their best to please everyone, so we should at least give them credit where its due. They're playing content from every album, new and old. Heck, they're even playing fort minor stuff. I'm just saying everyone should chill and be grateful that the band is as successful as they are at this point of their career. Not a lot of bands as old as LP are still selling out stadiums across the world.

I hope they don't cancel any shows or the tour in general... :unsure:

Random, but does it seem weird that you can still buy pit tickets to the show in Albany? Usually pit tickets for a LP show will sell out right away when the tickets go on sale. It still doesn't make sense to me why LP chose to play these small places instead of places like Boston, Madison Square Garden, Staples Center, Chicago, etc.

Edited by Geki

So I guess LP will make a statement by 2016, saying they are now 40 and don't want to play something heavy anymore. Typical LP.

I remember when ATS came out, Chester said something along the lines of "I'm xx years old now, I don't want to scream at people anymore" and something about how he doesn't have the anger inside of him that he used to draw on in the early days when talking about the change in direction. Kind of funny that they've done a 180 on that point of view with THP.

I remember when ATS came out, Chester said something along the lines of "I'm xx years old now, I don't want to scream at people anymore" and something about how he doesn't have the anger inside of him that he used to draw on in the early days when talking about the change in direction. Kind of funny that they've done a 180 on that point of view with THP.

Maybe ATS mark 2 is on the horizon.

I hope. Maybe they'd be willing to experiment more live if they made another concept album.

But you've got to think of it in the band's perspective. There has to be some diversity and balance in the setlists. The Ballad Medley serves as a great breather in between all of the heavier songs. If the shows only consisted of heavy songs, it would become boring and redundant. Plus, there are a lot of fans who only like those songs as well. The band is trying their best to please everyone, so we should at least give them credit where its due. They're playing content from every album, new and old. Heck, they're even playing fort minor stuff. I'm just saying everyone should chill and be grateful that the band is as successful as they are at this point of their career. Not a lot of bands as old as LP are still selling out stadiums across the world.

I agree with this entire post, and I can't speak for everyone, but I think the issue most of us have is not that they play softer songs. I personally just wish they would rotate it a bit. PMA Piano rotated with the Ballad Medley would even be awesome to me. BTH Piano like in Toronto '08 would be incredible, but I realize that would never happen.

As for the last point, the issue (again) is not that they're playing all their old hits. It's the principle of the matter, that Mike literally contradicted himself by making a point to say that they would NOT become an act that goes out on tour just to play all their old hits and neglect their new material. They just dropped 2 songs from THP while on a tour that is NAMED after the album.