2015.1.18 - Indianapolis, Indiana

RogueSoul

You are right it is slightly overrated BUT still an epic live song, the major problem is still that they cut Hunting Party songs while being on the Hunting Party Tour and after this touring cycle is done the chances of any of the other songs being performed live are very slim.

This tour was the perfect opportunity to add more Hunting Party to the set, which everyone expected and they even said so several times. There's absolutely no reason for them to not add more songs but they did the exact opposite by cutting some.

They were already lazy for the European tour, they didn't take the time to rehearse new stuff, I can understand that in some way and thought that was ok if they did something new for the US tour. But they didn't! They had plenty of time to learn new stuff, change the sets, do something different. Adding FTI and APFMH is such an easy change, they could add it mid tour without rehearsing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took pics last night. Putting footage up soon too.

For a broken ankle, Chester did pretty great. A friend of mine went to the Meet and Greet. Chester told him he was at the gym when someone tried to hit him in the nuts and he ended tripping to avoid being hit and broke his ankle.

http://imgur.com/9o4efYg,tB23uPY,sCwivwY,l0066u7,pVo7Wv0,NELdTpY,CUNBae1,aSUoVYf,2syRVyO,LoUeAst,0Ghm6KU,CQNW1Bu

You are right it is slightly overrated BUT still an epic live song, the major problem is still that they cut Hunting Party songs while being on the Hunting Party Tour and after this touring cycle is done the chances of any of the other songs being performed live are very slim.

This tour was the perfect opportunity to add more Hunting Party to the set, which everyone expected and they even said so several times. There's absolutely no reason for them to not add more songs but they did the exact opposite by cutting some.

They were already lazy for the European tour, they didn't take the time to rehearse new stuff, I can understand that in some way and thought that was ok if they did something new for the US tour. But they didn't! They had plenty of time to learn new stuff, change the sets, do something different. Adding FTI and APFMH is such an easy change, they could add it mid tour without rehearsing.

I agree. We know they're not going to drop big single songs, but to add APFMH in exchange for songs of an album they're trying to promote is redundant. The Hunting Party tour...

Took pics last night. Putting footage up soon too.

For a broken ankle, Chester did pretty great. A friend of mine went to the Meet and Greet. Chester told him he was at the gym when someone tried to hit him in the nuts and he ended tripping to avoid being hit and broke his ankle.

http://imgur.com/9o4efYg,tB23uPY,sCwivwY,l0066u7,pVo7Wv0,NELdTpY,CUNBae1,aSUoVYf,2syRVyO,LoUeAst,0Ghm6KU,CQNW1Bu

Someone tried to hit him? wtf?

For the past 6 months, all I've seen here is constant complaining that LP isn't playing APFMH live anymore. Seriously it got to the point that it made me not want to visit this site anymore. Now the band finally listens, adds it back into the set and people still complain. No one here is ever satisfied. You people complain like little babies over things that don't even matter. Whether you guys like the songs or not, LP is putting on a great show. They care more about the people at the concert being satisfied rather than some babies complaining on a message board. I was there at Orlando and every person I talked to at the show including myself had an amazing time. Out of the 6 LP shows I've been to, this has been their best performance I've seen yet. Stop trying so hard to be "elitists" about this band. We all listen to one of the most popular bands in the world. We're not special.

But you've got to think of it in the band's perspective. There has to be some diversity and balance in the setlists. The Ballad Medley serves as a great breather in between all of the heavier songs. If the shows only consisted of heavy songs, it would become boring and redundant. Plus, there are a lot of fans who only like those songs as well. The band is trying their best to please everyone, so we should at least give them credit where its due. They're playing content from every album, new and old. Heck, they're even playing fort minor stuff. I'm just saying everyone should chill and be grateful that the band is as successful as they are at this point of their career. Not a lot of bands as old as LP are still selling out stadiums across the world.

So true, agree with everything you've said. If LP were to play all new songs there would still be people complaining about them not playing enough of their old stuff. Its impossible to please everyone.

LPLive when APFMH is dropped:

"OMG! LP sucks! Worst setlist ever! They could drop THP songs and just play APFMH and I'll be sooooo happy"

LPLive when APFMH is played instead of THP songs

"OMG! LP sucks! Worst setlist ever! Should have dropped Ballad Medley!"

APFMH is overrated.

Not me.

Mark when APFMH is dropped:

God damnit where's APFMH?

Mark when APFMH is added:

Just watch my Instagram videos from Orlando and Nashville.

The setlists are much better with FTI/APFMH, to me. I can tell the band isn't enjoying UIG, and they are on the micstand the whole time on Rebellion. Fuck it. Chester is EXPLODING on FTI/APFMH this tour and I love it. Keep those.

For the past 6 months, all I've seen here is constant complaining that LP isn't playing APFMH live anymore. Seriously it got to the point that it made me not want to visit this site anymore. Now the band finally listens, adds it back into the set and people still complain. No one here is ever satisfied. You people complain like little babies over things that don't even matter. Whether you guys like the songs or not, LP is putting on a great show. They care more about the people at the concert being satisfied rather than some babies complaining on a message board. I was there at Orlando and every person I talked to at the show including myself had an amazing time. Out of the 6 LP shows I've been to, this has been their best performance I've seen yet. Stop trying so hard to be "elitists" about this band. We all listen to one of the most popular bands in the world. We're not special.

That would be me complaining. I haven't complained about anything since Orlando. Huge fan of these setlists. The new production and the epic sound of this tour makes this one of the best LP shows I've seen since 2009. They are kicking ass on this tour...Chester sounds like a boss. FTI/APFMH are huge additions to the show.

APFMH is our circlejerk here on LPLive. I have to say some of my favorite shows had it but my most favorite didn't. It's an epic live song. The band constantly dropping and adding it over the years makes it one of the most wanted songs, you never know when it returns and it's always a surprise. You can't deny that it's definitely a fan favorite but it wouldn't be as special anymore if they kept playing it as often as One Step Closer.

What I expect from an LP shows is that I see them play something new that I haven't seen yet preferably something new, or something old that I didn't see yet, and sadly they are doing neither on this tour. That's what I loved about the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle, on every tour I saw them they added some new MTM songs.

• 3 months later...

i still can't believe that chester played this entire show after he broke his ankle. the footage in LPTV was awesome. he is a true rocker and this was a special show for the people who went to it.

It was okay. I've been to better, lol.