Wrong information/Mistakes in official material

3 hours ago, rd1994 said:

Keep in mind most of the pitched vocals were actually discarded demo takes. Like instead of deleteding them outright they pitch shifted them and made them into a rhythm

i know that and considered that and it doesn't disprove my point

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Astat said:

If it's not functioning as a vocal part in the mix, it should be in the instrumental.

The opening line to Nobody Can Save Me is "I'm dancing with my demons," not "WEHH YA HEE EEE EH THE EHH," for instance.

I'd rather say it's "with my demons - de - o - e - o, -mon - my - demon - my heeaad", but your point is very well made - I'm totally with you on this

1 hour ago, Astat said:

If it's not functioning as a vocal part in the mix, it should be in the instrumental.

The opening line to Nobody Can Save Me is "I'm dancing with my demons," not "WEHH YA HEE EEE EH THE EHH," for instance.

My favorite LP lyric is the opening line of Battle Symphony: "OHH WA... OHH WA AH AH AH AWW AWWWW OH WA AH AH OH AH"

Wait... so are we listing the pitch-shifted vocals as a mistake on OML because they weren't on a promo instrumental for SFN? Or am I missing a key part of the argument?

Surely VOCALS being muted on an instrumental (effected or not) checks out? It isn't so hard to believe that they considered whatever track those were on in the project as vocals and just muted em. Going by what other bands have done for other songs doesn't really make sense, since not all songs are built the same way. Maybe I'm just rehashing what you  guys are saying but I think I'm lost lol

1. Sorry For Now official instrumental reportedly doesn't have pitch shifted vocals. Leaked instrumentals do.

2. Pitch shifted vocals aren't the only reason OML instrumentals are in the post. Read it again. You can hear actual singing in some parts. This was discussed in 2017.

6 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

1. Sorry For Now official instrumental reportedly doesn't have pitch shifted vocals. Leaked instrumentals do.

2. Pitch shifted vocals aren't the only reason OML instrumentals are in the post. Read it again. You can hear actual singing in some parts. This was discussed in 2017.

Ohhhh I see now my bad. Missed the key "instrumentals" part :P

The clean version of Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes on digital stores comes with an explicit version of "Bleed It Out".

Wrong, should be:

The explicit version of Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes on digital stores comes with an clean version of "Bleed It Out".

"Slip (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)" - LP Underground 11

"Blue (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)" - LP Underground 11

"So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)" - LP Underground 12

Chester sings in these 3 songs. He joined the band in March 1999, so there's no way they were recorded in 1998.

Like someone mention that earlier, it's possible that the years are correct and Chester vocals were added in the later time.