Linkin Park Headlining Rock On The Range 2015

hahninator

Linkin Park will make their first appearance ever at Rock On The Range, a large rock festival held at Columbus Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. The 2015 edition falls between May 15-17, 2015.

Many other acts are on the lineup - the two headliners besides Linkin Park are Slipknot at Judas Priest. Both Rise Against and Of Mice & Men, who are supporting Linkin Park's upcoming North American Tour, will also be on the bill.

"In 2015, Rock On The Range will welcome live music's top cable channel, AXS TV, to film the weekend as part of their live festival coverage, allowing fans around the world to experience Rock On The Range."

A Linkin Park presale is now available here. Who will be attending?

This date follows three other announced festival shows in North America in summer 2015:

2015.05.09 Las Vegas, NV, MGM Resorts Festival Grounds - Rock In Rio USA
2015.05.17 Columbus, OH, Columbus Crew Stadium - Rock On The Range
2015.06.26-28 Mack, CO, Jam Ranch - Loudwire Music Festival
2015.06.30 Milwaukee, WI, Marcus Amphitheater - Summerfest
These dates are spread out a good bit, leaving the possibility for more shows to be announced around them.
2/12 EDIT: Slipknot confirms they will play on the 15th and Judas Priest confirms they will play on the 16th, leaving Linkin Park to headline the 17th.

Only Metallica, Tool and Pearl Jam, it seems.

Kind of ironic too, didn't Pearl Jam open for LP back in 07? Or was that vice versa too? Anyway, this should be a huge honor for the band, ROR is one of the most intense American metal festivals around, which means that people are noticing the bands return to heavy music. Seriously even tempted to make the trip out myself from New Jersey because three of my top 15 favorite bands are headlining.

This is a cool line up, I like some of the bands, but Slipknot is definitely not one of them. I have no respect for Corey Taylor or any of his bands after he insulted my favorite band.

Maybe there is going to be a US tour for summer 2015. LP did that on the MTM cycle, they did a summer tour in 2007, came back and did a US arena tour in winter 2008 and then did a final summer tour in the US for summer 2008. I've already began to save up money for a potential US tour next summer. Something tells me that the cycle won't be over that soon because LP have said they wanted to tour a lot on this record, although, that might just mean doing more shows in a specific time period. For example, the LT tour started in May 2012 and ended in August 2013. THP cycle might be the same as that, but they might squeeze more touring in during the time period, while as during the LT cycle, they had tons of huge gaps from touring, which was weird to me, because LT is double platinum album and they only did 1 US tour. Lol.

Edited by Geki

I don't think they'll do a US tour this summer, especially since the Winter tour is already reduced to the east coast, they cover part of the west with the festivals in June/July and then that's it I guess. It looks more like they'll do Europe in August or so, and they have yet to tour Asia and Australia. And after that the tour is over I think.

Don't take the LT tour cycle as an example because that shit made no sense at all.

I don't think they'll do a US tour this summer, especially since the Winter tour is already reduced to the east coast, they cover part of the west with the festivals in June/July and then that's it I guess. It looks more like they'll do Europe in August or so, and they have yet to tour Asia and Australia. And after that the tour is over I think.

Don't take the LT tour cycle as an example because that shit made no sense at all.

You never know. LP is unpredictable, every single album cycle has had drastically different touring patterns. You are probably correct, though, because LP has yet to tour Asia, Australia/New Zealand and the other places that they sometimes go. They really have only been playing for US and European crowds so far.

They'll definitely hit the European festivals at some point in 2015 due to so much money being available there. That's an easy $1,000,000+ minimum for 90 minutes of live jams for some shows. It's stupid to ever skip that opportunity. If I was a band of LP's nature, I'd play European festivals every single summer, similar to what Metallica is doing and has been doing for quite a while now. They probably earn even more than LP does.

I don't think another USA tour is coming. I do expect a few more USA festival announcements, and maybe they'll throw an oddball headlining show somewhere in there. Maybe Rocklahoma, Carolina Rebellion, or Welcome To Rockville since they're on the Rock On The Range lineup. LP has never done this type of stuff before in the USA so it's an interesting deal right now for next summer. There is currently a solid week gap between Rock In Rio and Rock On The Range so surely something else will go there. The two shows in June are back-to-back.

Asia and then Australia/New Zealand will happen for sure. Linkin Park is due for a 5+ city tour of Japan again (their second biggest market outside of the USA and Germany), and they'll do Australia at about the same time probably. Perhaps India too finally.

I'm very curious to see what bands they will tour with in the future. What other bands do you think we could see in this tour cycle?

I think after The Hunting Party in the US, that might be it. They are doing a lot of festival type shows in 2015 it seems. We already got AFI, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Of Mice & Men and Rise Against, not to mention that A Day To Remember is opening for LP next year at one off show as well. Unless they do another huge tour next year, that might be it for direct support acts because in Asia and stuff they usually do festivals (I think).

Edited by Geki

If they play Japan they'll definitely have an opening band there. Sometimes they take American bands and sometimes they get local Japanese openers. Since this is a rock tour I bet they pick up a small to medium sized band for Japan. An often looked over band is Yellowcard, who opened for LP in Japan in 2007. I was surprised to not see any LP band member social media posts about that....I was pretty pleased at the fact Yellowcard opened for them. Maybe they'll take someone like A Day To Remember with them.

I think due to the logistical problems of having to fly to almost every Asian show outside of Japan, it's hard to get the same band for the entire run to open up for you unless you pay them huge money and I can't even think of an example where that's happened in rock music. Not NIN, not Foo, not Metallica, not LP.

If they play Japan they'll definitely have an opening band there. Sometimes they take American bands and sometimes they get local Japanese openers. Since this is a rock tour I bet they pick up a small to medium sized band for Japan. An often looked over band is Yellowcard, who opened for LP in Japan in 2007. I was surprised to not see any LP band member social media posts about that....I was pretty pleased at the fact Yellowcard opened for them. Maybe they'll take someone like A Day To Remember with them.

I think due to the logistical problems of having to fly to almost every Asian show outside of Japan, it's hard to get the same band for the entire run to open up for you unless you pay them huge money and I can't even think of an example where that's happened in rock music. Not NIN, not Foo, not Metallica, not LP.

Chester borrowed Ryan Key's coat for the What I've Done video, and Ryan Key also sang What I've Done with LP at Warped Tour this year, so that is pretty cool that they opened for them back in 2007. Maybe he is friends with Chaz or something. I guess time will tell about what the rest of THP cycle will bring...

Been wanted to see them do shows like this for awhile now. Consider this is a 3 day festival, I assume LP will play Day 1. The main stage lineups for all three days will probably look like:

Linkin Park

Rise Against

Papa Roach

Of Mice & Men

Tech N9ne

In This Moment

Hollywood Undead

Slipknot

Marilyn Manson

Volbeat

Ministry

In Flames