2014; An Amazing Year.

JustinLydard

Dare I say that this year has been the most exciting year for the Linkin Park Live community? Because I truly believe it has been.

I've been a member on this wonderful site since 2008, and I don't post all that often. I lurk around, and read everyone else’s opinion. Most times I agree, and other times I don't. That's the beauty of this place, opinions are welcomes 110%. And in MY opinion, I feel like 2014 has been the best touring cycle for LP since the Minutes To Midnight tours.

Back in 2007 and 2008, the band was at the height of their experimental days with setlists. Projekt Rev had 3 rotating setlists, and that turned all of our heads. We loved it. Then they went overseas and did a few tours, the more rotating setlists. Kept the candy sweet for us to just keep eating up. 2008 was just as good, if not better.

Then 2009-2011 happened. Don't get me wrong, I love A Thousand Suns. But I didn't really enjoy the touring for it. Maybe I'm just bitter that the Washington DC show got cancelled without rescheduling, but that album only got one U.S tour. And I really wanted to see some of those ATS songs live. So after a few months of touring Asia and Europe, and a few more months of writing new material, out came Living Things.

I enjoyed the Living Things touring. We saw returns of iconic Hybrid Theory songs that we missed, we had a solid rotating setlist pattern. All was fine and dandy. But still, only one U.S tour. So while this touring cycle was better than ATS, it wasn't even close to the MTM tours.

Flash forward to May 24th, 2014. Tucson, Arizona. Holy fucking shit. What the hell did we just witness? That set, that show, it took everything we thought we knew about the band, and flipped the script. We got ROBOT BOY! Like, WHAT!? Well, sort of. They threw the biggest curveball at us, their community, their fans, and we didn't know what to do about it. I liked the setlist. I loved the variety. Sure, it could have some more "pizazz", but come on now, people, we fell in love with this band for a reason.

As I stated earlier, I've been a bit of a "lurker" on this site since 2008. And I swear to God, I have never seen so many complaints coming from LPL. I think everyone needs to do their selves a favor and look at the 2014 page of shows. Look at that incredible list:

Download Festival - Hybrid Theory in full, for the first time EVER!

Warped Tour 2014 - Honestly, I think this is one of the coolest things the band has EVER done.

Carnivores Tour - My favorite lineup for a LP tour, and most energetic tour I've been to.

This year has been absolutely phenomenal in my opinion. And 2015 is looking like another great year. I personally don't think that anything will ever top the Minutes To Midnight tours, but The Hunting Party is right up there. This has been the most exciting year for Linkin Park since 2008, I believe.

Okay. Rant over. If this was even a rant? I have no idea. Anyways, BRING ON LPU 14, and 2015!

Edited by JustinLydard

Exactly! The Hunting Party brought out the inner youth these guys have in them. I mean look at who they are touring with now, Of Mice and Men and Rise Against. And then a show with A Day To Remember later in 2015. All "younger" types bands. I love Linkin Park even more after this year.

I will respond to this in detail later but the LP live community as well as the LPLive community (two different things but are both related) had the best year in 2008 from my experiences. I will explain why soon.

They had great energy on this year and awesome setlists too.

I will respond to this in detail later but the LP live community as well as the LPLive community (two different things but are both related) had the best year in 2008 from my experiences. I will explain why soon.

2008? Even with the LPL 3.0 > WHOOPS BACK TO 2.0 clusterfuck that I sort of caused ? :lol:

for me is the best LP year ever.I didn't became a fan before listen to RtR, so I didn't follow MTM era and for me that's the first year I really fell in love with the band for three reason (the album, the show both setlist and energy and The Ride);

Personally, for some reason, I thought 2012 was a really good year. Maybe that is because I loved LIVING THINGS and the Honda Civic Tour. But it saw the return of With You, Runaway, Blackout, Somewhere I Belong and a few others I believe. I also loved the Berlin show that was in theaters and then later released on DVD. The Camden Summit was epic as well. And don't forget when LPL asked Chester the correct lyrics to Qwerty, that was epic.

2014 was a good year, though, so far, there is still over a month left of the year. I love The Hunting Party and the Carnivores Tour was pretty fun, especially Jones Beach.