2014.08.16 - Mansfield, MA, Xfinity Center

RogueSoul

The Carnivores Tour's next stop: Mansfield, Massachusetts! Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and AFI will rock the stage at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield tonight! Linkin Park is no stranger, they've been playing in Massachusetts since 2000! The band has played in Mansfield a plethora of times (6 times, to be exact), playing there back-to-back in 2001 (1, 2), 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2012. You might not recognize the venue name, but Linkin Park has been playing there since 2001. The venue has experience multiple name changes: it was the Tweeter Center for Performing Arts from 1998 until 2008, then it was the Comcast Center from 2008 until 2013, when it then became the Xfinity Center.

The band has had some great moments playing in Mansfield! Anyone who's seen Frat Party at the Pancake Festival will remember Chester telling a story of how he was bitten by a spider on his behind. That actually happened on the second day of Mansfield in 2001! Poor guy. In 2004, the band added 'A Place For My Head' to the setlist for the first time on the 2004 Projekt Revolution Tour, and kept it in for the following shows. In 2007, Mike rapped verse one of 'Nobody's Listening' over the extended intro of 'Points Of Authority', which is the last time he did so. 2008's show kicked off Projekt Revolution, where the new collaboration with Busta Rhymes, entitled 'We Made It' debuted. Chris Cornell also joined the band for 'Crawling'. Most recently in 2012, the band debuted a new set, entitled 'Set A', which opened with 'Tinfoil' and 'Faint'.

Check out this video of the band performing 'We Made It' for the first time with Busta Rhymes, Spliff Star (his backing vocalist), and Adam Monroe of ASHES diVIDE in Mansfield 2008!

Yesterday, Linkin Park performed in Camden. The band performed Set A, so we can expect to see Set B tonight. In case you missed the news, the show was also webcasted via Yahoo! Stream. Did you watch it? If you did happen to miss it, fear not! You can watch it here, where it will be streaming for the rest of the day. Notable events during the performance include Mike's Solo Medley, where he rapped verses of 'Wretches And Kings' and Fort Minor's 'Remember The Name', the first proshot recording of the band performing new songs from The Hunting Party, 'Rebellion' and 'Final Masquerade', and watching the band jam and dance during 'Castle Of Glass'. I was there in the crowd, and I had a really great time! The band exploded and so did the crowd.

On the other live side of the Carnivores Tour, AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars are still going all out. AFI performed the same set, featuring hits such as 'The Leaving Song Pt. II' and 'Miss Murder', as well as some deeper album cuts such as 'The Days Of The Phoenix'. Thirty Seconds To Mars opened up with Carl Orff's 'Carmina Burana: O Fortuna' as well as their huge hit, 'Up In The Air'. During his acoustic set, Jared Leto performed the hit song, 'From Yesterday', a new song entitled 'Save Me', and MARS's biggest single, 'The Kill (Bury Me)'. Have you seen AFI or MARS on the Carnivores Tour yet? What did you think? If not, are you excited to see them?

Who's attending the show? Are you excited to see all three bands perform? What song do YOU want to see Linkin Park play live? Take our 2014 Live Poll here. Stop by the Music For Relief booth to say hi to the LPLive Crew, who will be managing the booth. Get ready for a great show!

Show Page Notes

Date: August 16, 2014
Venue: Xfinity Center
Tour: Carnivores Tour
Other Bands: 30 Seconds To Mars, AFI
Show #: 6 of 25

Setlist:
1. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
2. Guilty All The Same
3. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

4. With You
5. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
6. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
7. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))
8. Rebellion (Ext. Intro; Outro Transition)
9. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))

14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)

15. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Final Masquerade

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus + Verse 1; Ext. Outro Transition)

19. Lying From You (Dirt Off Your Should Intro/Bridge/Outro)

20. Somewhere I Belong

21. In The End

22. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

23. Burn It Down (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))

24. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))

25. New Divide (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); Transition Outro)

26. Until It's Gone (Ext. Intro w/ Points Of Authority Rap; Shortened)

27. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:

- The intro sample of 'Rebellion' was doubled.
- On the transition outro of 'Runaway', Mike rapped verse one of 'Wastelands'. Chester sang the first line of the bridge over the outro transition.
- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was performed as a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.
- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.
- Joe missed most of the intro to 'Numb'. Mike and Chester sang part of 'Numb/Encore' of the outro.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and verse 1 of 'Remember The Name'. After the first verse of 'Remember The Name', he went into the chorus again. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'.
- The band performed 'Lying From You' with an extended intro, bridge, and outro featuring 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder' by Jay-Z.
- Mike rapped the verse from 'Points Of Authority' over the extended intro of 'Until It's Gone'.
- A shortened version of 'Until It's Gone' was played. The song was shortened by the band playing the first half of the first verse and the second half of the second verse, skipping the first chorus.
- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'. The refrain of 'The Catalyst' was longer, as the band sung it twice acapella style.

Other Notes:

If you want to see some videos I took at Camden, click here.[/shamelesspromotion]

I believe they will play Set B tonight, and start an ABAB pattern. I watched the Camden webcast and it was great, looks like it was an awesome show. Now that we have a proshot source of Set A, I hope we can get a good recording of Set B soon.

This was my LEAST favorite show in 2012. We had really shitty seats way back up by the lawn...uncovered seats. And upon returning I was not looking forward to this show at all.

Come showtime, we were put in the pit and wow the sound down there is loud as hell. GREAT show. I was close as I have ever been for LP so I was really impressed. 3rd row no problem (without even getting in front of anyone, etc). Then I went up to Nick's seat by FOH for the encore...WOW. Amazing sightlines, probably my favorite of any amphitheatre I've ever been to. I will say that I have a new respect for Mansfield and love the INSIDE of the venue now.... If you are in seats that are uncovered or are in the lawn then you are fucked, but if you can avoid those then WOW this amphitheatre kicks major ass. I bet PR07, etc there was fantastic. I will definitely return!

Then I went up to Nick's seat by FOH for the encore...WOW. Amazing sightlines, probably my favorite of any amphitheatre I've ever been to. I will say that I have a new respect for Mansfield and love the INSIDE of the venue now....

Old taping habit, picking seats in that general vicinity. :lol:

This was my LEAST favorite show in 2012. We had really shitty seats way back up by the lawn...uncovered seats. And upon returning I was not looking forward to this show at all.

Come showtime, we were put in the pit and wow the sound down there is loud as hell. GREAT show. I was close as I have ever been for LP so I was really impressed. 3rd row no problem (without even getting in front of anyone, etc). Then I went up to Nick's seat by FOH for the encore...WOW. Amazing sightlines, probably my favorite of any amphitheatre I've ever been to. I will say that I have a new respect for Mansfield and love the INSIDE of the venue now.... If you are in seats that are uncovered or are in the lawn then you are fucked, but if you can avoid those then WOW this amphitheatre kicks major ass. I bet PR07, etc there was fantastic. I will definitely return!

Hell yeah Mark!! It was nice seeing you in my native state, among other shows. Glad you enjoyed it this time around. I've never been lawn or shitty seats in Mansfield, but you are right, PR '07 and even PR '08 both sounded great here.