LP Live In Texas 2003 - The Best Show Ever?

sasa95

Ok guys... I'm sitting in front of my computer, watching some LP live shows. I stopped at "Live in Texas". Funny thing is that no matter of how many times I've seen it, it always gives me chills, or to be precise-it makes me punch things and it doubles my heart beat rate. :D

I'm wondering this: Is the Texas show the sickest fucking shit ever? I mean, look at that energy!!! It is so noticeable. Every guy is like crazy... Chester's singing is damn perfect! Screaming is just...woow.. I understand that they were younger then, but really, did they ever made such a great song after that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mxg4VkkRRI

Docklands '01, RAR '04, Summer Sonic '06, Road to Revolution, Monterrey '12, SSMF '13, and 90% of the shows from 2014 are all WAY better than LIT to me, and that's only a few examples. There are two things that LIT had going for it: P5hng and the By Myself intro. That's really it.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

You may think of LIT as that good maybe because of: film is from 2 shows, it's showed the most energetic moments. Another thing is that the audio and Chester's voice might be edited and be from 2 shows (honestly, I' not sure, I don't think w have any info about that, I'm thinking of making a discussion out of that). I think LP pushed themselfes to not fail in anything,because they were headlining for Mertalica and a big presure was put on them.

There's many shows where Chester have even better screams, and the singing are very good too. examples: Kroq 2001 (both nights were good), Live at House of Blues 2001, Kroq 2003 etc. etc. I remeber that on the beggining(0,5-1year) of fan being of LP, LIT was my favourite too, but as I watched more and more LP live, I realized there's better shows

Best "show" to ever take place on two different days in two different locations! :P

LIT isn't nearly as "touched-up" as a lot of people seem to think though. No studio overdubs whatsoever, just normal post-production work like they do at the mixing/mastering stage of any other official release.

Does Chester smash guitars anymore, like he did at the end of APFMH? I remember watching this with an old friend. We'd laugh at Phoenix on APFMH. Looks like he's about to trip.

Last guitar smash was at the end of 2004. Brad tosses his guitar on the ground at the end of shows sometimes and a few of them have broken that way (and been repaired), but he doesn't do it on purpose.

Edited by Astat

What really bugs me about LiT now are those random slowmos that are sometimes from completely different songs. That it's made from 2 shows really ruins it for me know especially the fact that they tried so hard to make it 1 show.

It's a great performance no doubt about it but i think we learned by now that shows like LA from the same tour were even better.

I think what makes it so studio like sounding is the lack of atmosphere in the mix, which is because of the shitty acoustics of the stadiums I assume. When they talk there's tons of reverb, which they clearly killed in the mix during the songs.

It's crazy how loud the guitars are, whoever mixed it really turned it up to 11.

It sucks that we'll probably never get the show in HD. sadly some of the footage wasn't even shot in HD. We could definitely need an upgrade for the DVD which was pretty bad for even back then. It's not even anamorphic, just letterboxed.

It sucks that nobody in the crowd recorded it. Btw is sound from 1 day or 2 days too?

I believe the audio on the DVD is all from the Dallas show. The CD audio/LPU 3 CD tracks are a mixed bag though, there are some different takes on there than what's on the DVD (check out Don't Stay on the DVD vs. the LPU 3 version for example - different speech by Mike during the break before the bridge).

I love LIT, the audio is perfect to me. I still listen to it all the time. I do wish they just recorded one show, mess ups and all, it would have felt more genuine. Still cool, though. I like the DVD, too, the band looked awesome back in those days. It was the first LP show I ever listened to basically.

Edited by Geki

I think the band was on top form during LIT, the audience on the other hand I felt was lacking, like they were there for Metallica mainly and not so much LP so they didn't really get into it.

Also hate the mixing on LIT, it completely mutes anything other than the bands instruments during the performance and you can't really hear the crowd, it's this reason I like Rammstein's Volkerball, you can hear the crowd throughout the whole concert (admittedly it's a bit quieter during the songs, but not by that nuch), chanting along to song, singing along, etc.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but LIT is probably my least favorite live release by them. I don't like that fact that its not the full show on the CD (even though it woul'dve fit). The random slomo inserts. Also the shitty editing (different guitar within seconds and clean/sweaty shirt within seconds). Honestly I don't mind using multiple shows, but thats something you should know how to figure out when you edit an offical DVD. Also you bearely hear the crowd. Also the random inserts from backstage in the middle of te show, especially when its WHILE THE AUDIO CONTINUES.

What I find hilarious though is Phoenix tripping during APFMH. If you watch that scene in slomo you can actually see that it was not intentional.

Edited by rd1994