THP Best Buy Preorder/2 Track CD + Monterrey, MX DVD

hahninator

From linkinpark.com:

"Pre-order the standard or exclusive deluxe version of The Hunting Party for a $5 deposit at your local Best Buy Store now, and walk away immediately with a 2 Song CD single featuring "Until It's Gone" and "Guilty All The Same" (feat Rakim). Find your local Best Buy store here.
The Best Buy exclusive deluxe version of The Hunting Party features a bonus DVD of the 2012 MTV World Stage concert from Monterrey, Mexico and can also be pre-ordered online here."
Originally, the only version of the DVD with The Hunting Party was going to be an international edition (which you could preorder from Amazon.de, etc), but it seems that the band has changed their mind and is releasing the Monterrey, Mexico 2012 show as a DVD bonus for Best Buy. This is good news for North American fans, even with a show that is already common in the community. This version is sure to be without the MTV logos and might even include different angles, etc. The release is SHORTER than the MTV World Stage broadcast, but it will still be a good release with the amazing crowd and the inclusion of 'A Place For My Head', 'Points Of Authority', etc. This show was Linkin Park's first performance in Mexico since March 2002.
Monterrey 2012 - Best Buy Bonus DVD Tracklisting:
01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)
02. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
03. Points Of Authority
04. Lies Greed Misery
05. Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)
06. What I've Done
07. Burn It Down
08. In The End
09. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)
10. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Who's going to get the DVD? Or the 2 track disc?

Looks like some people don't know what is the "CD Single". :)

The same 2-track CD-Single "Until It's Gone" is availabe in Europe, at Amazon, but sepatetly from the THP CD or CD+DVD

DVD may be shorter than MTV broadcast due cut out the MTV's intro at the beginning and before/after the ad breaks...

Looks like some people don't know what is the "CD Single". :)

The same 2-track CD-Single "Until It's Gone" is availabe in Europe, at Amazon, but sepatetly from the THP CD or CD+DVD

DVD may be shorter than MTV broadcast due cut out the MTV's intro at the beginning and before/after the ad breaks...

I do know that, i've been part of the LP community since the 2001 lol

I'm not a collector and I won't be is just that they can put out better stuff and they don't do that.

I'm about to head up to my local Best Buy later tonight and do this. Oh and btw if anyone is interesting, the Japanese special edition is not Carson, it was now changed to Monterrey. Monterrey will be the only special edition for THP it seems.

The Best Buy's here in Phoenix don't seem to know anything about the pre-order or the 2-track single. I think it's kind of ridiculous, seeing it's in their weekly ad, but they don't have or even know if they'll get it. As for the pre-order, if I was able to pick it up, I would. Getting a little collectors item for $5, with that coming off the price of the CD/DVD or standard edition on day of release is pretty cool. System of a Down did this awhile back with either Hypnotize or Mezmerize, as well as some other artists. You get it for free in the end because the $5 you pay as the pre-order, you save that when you pick it up. Now...just to find a damn Best Buy that is carryng the single.

Picked up mine as well today. Only 5 dollars so what the heck, went for it.

Awesome! Make sure you follow the directions on the package/receipt to get the $5 off on release date!

10372056_10154152343560417_4591564272437

10309345_10154152344030417_2733470036049

1798574_10154152344540417_83649704357612

1797409_10154152344785417_26541061978223

10338777_10154152345150417_1083098251489

Thanks for posting the pics...if only I could find it somewhere in Phoenix! HaHa!

I will be going to my Best Buy in the morning. Sucks because I only have 1 in my area even remotely. Praying that they have it. I like to collect stuff like this.

I'd call them first before making the trip. There are 3 in my area and none of them have it!

• 3 weeks later...

The CD/DVD combo will be $14.99 and standard edition will be $9.99 at Best Buy this week. Target will be selling the standard edition for $9.99 as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on hitting up Best Buy for the CD/DVD combo as soon as it opens on Tuesday, it's good to know how much money to bring.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on hitting up Best Buy for the CD/DVD combo as soon as it opens on Tuesday, it's good to know how much money to bring.

No problem. I pre-ordered the CD/DVD combo- can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow!

I just went to Best Buy a little while ago and picked up the Until It's Gone promo CD thing and I'm definitely going in the morning to pick up the CD/DVD. I can't wait to watch Live In Mexico on my big screen.

The one from LP.com comes with the lyrics.

I couldn't be more pleased with how this all went down, except for Best Buy. I couldn't find the UIG/GATS CD in several stores until I finally came across a stack of some yesterday. When I returned today I was very unhappy with how they handled it - they had never heard of this $5 deal, when I presented the CD back to them with instructions they were very confused. Finally after two managers and 25 minutes later, we got it handled. I even pulled up the LP.com announcement to show them. But it was COOL of the band/Best Buy to do this - I would buy this deal for any album because it gives us 2 songs early and gives us a discount on the album. Now I feel like I got the CD/DVD for just $10. Good stuff there.

The LP.com preorder of the album had the digital download sent out last night right at midnight to fans. That's flawless. The orders are arriving early too. So between that and Best Buy, I'm very happy with how the CD was released (besides the store not knowing WTF they were doing). One thing I thought they should have done, though, was release a "making of" DVD! I love Monterrey, but why only 10 songs? I'd prefer a "making of" DVD.

I agree that they should have released a Making of DVD and maybe released Monterrey the same way they did with Berlin or Madrid with the + editions in Europe or something. The Monterrey DVD is still cool, though, but 10 songs sucks. APFMH from it is epic.

But yeah, I had the same problem at Best Buy. Luckily I only had to go to 1 store to get the UIG promo CD, but I encountered similar problems today when I tried getting my 5 dollars off for the Deluxe Edition.