"Disney Commercial Music"

RogueSoul

Can everyone PLEASE shut the fuck up about using this phrase?

What happened is we saw what Mike said, and assumed EVERYTHING rock radio plays at this moment can be deemed as such. That is very untrue. It's just stupid how you are all just taking one man's word for your own. Form your own opinions, please.

That is all.

(By the way, mods can move this in case it wasn't posted in the right spot. Since Mike started it I thought I'd post it here.)

Lol it bothers you enough to make a thread about it? Is 30STM or Fall Out Boy in a disney movie or in a commercial or something? This is a LP forum.

I actually assumed it was a shot at OneRepublic, but I'm probably reading too much into it, and I actually like "Disney Commercial Music", so I don't even mind lol.

I actually assumed it was a shot at OneRepublic, but I'm probably reading too much into it, and I actually like "Disney Commercial Music", so I don't even mind lol.

I just feel this thread is directed at me because of what I was saying in the shoutbox earlier. I just don't think LP is the most mainstream band of all time, sorry. GATS and THP are even making themselves farther away from mainstream. Some of the bands on the radio DO actually remind me of Disney music and stuff, I don't just think that because of what Mike said.

I just feel this thread is directed at me because of what I was saying in the shoutbox earlier. I just don't think LP is the most mainstream band of all time, sorry. GATS and THP are even making themselves farther away from mainstream. Some of the bands on the radio DO actually remind me of Disney music and stuff, I don't just think that because of what Mike said.

It's not directed at you, just anyone who's been using this phrase as of late. It's just demeaning in a sense.

I did never consider LP as a mainstream band at all, that they made In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Burn It Down and Castle Of Glass doesn't mean they are mainstream. Ok, maybe they directed mainstream rock a bit, but they are them selves, they aren't posers who tries to fit in. Actually THP will try to direct rock music to be heavier and make metal more acceptable for mainstream assholes.

I'm annoyed with Mike for saying that. I don't like it when bands bitch about each other, LP got a lot of it years ago so I'd have thought he'd be more mature than that, he's just dumped a whole load of music into one box (put a label on it)

I get that he has an opinion, I even agree on some of the things he said (NIN) but I feel like he's putting himself out there for potential backlash when the album comes out and it's not really necessary. He's almost launched his own mini marketing campaign for the album.

I did never consider LP as a mainstream band at all, that they made In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Burn It Down and Castle Of Glass doesn't mean they are mainstream. Ok, maybe they directed mainstream rock a bit, but they are them selves, they aren't posers who tries to fit in. Actually THP will try to direct rock music to be heavier and make metal more acceptable for mainstream assholes.

You don't get to be the biggest rock band in the world without being mainstream. Even if they're not "posers who try to fit in" they are still a mainstream band that makes (for the most part) easily digestible rock music. It's not a negative thing to say a band is mainstream just like it's not necessarily a positive to say a band is "indie" or "underground" or anything. Music can be good at all levels of popularity just like music can be bad at all levels. People just need to stop attaching such negative connotations to the word "mainstream."

I've posted a bunch of rants about Mike's tirade against radio on LPA. I won't do that here, but I feel like his points are about 70% nonsense.

And how are you going to call radio "Disney Commercial Music" when you WROTE THE THEME SONG FOR TRANSFORMERS 2. You know, one of the biggest most mainstream movie franchises of all time?

People who live in castles of glass should not throw stones.

LP is featured often on radio between two 'Disney' songs - at least here in Germany - so for me the featured LP song is commercial stuff as well. Especially since 'What I've done' which is written to be a successful radio single...So I don't really understand why Mike said this... It's a bit sad for me that LP does care much about airplay on radio like it has been said recently in some interview about GATS.

Is it necessary when you're the band with over 60 million likes on facebook?

Commercial radio airplay means to get much casual fans to me, so I don't get the point when you say first that you like the attitude about shaking the casual fans off...

Edited by Rasputin 93