Ryan Discusses Canceled European Tour

hahninator

Ryan from Julien-K has posted this message on the Julien-K forum in response to fans questioning him about why the band had to cancel their January 2008 European shows in support of Linkin Park.

The original message read in January 2008: "Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to perform the dates as scheduled and therefore must cancel the European tour. "

Ryan had this to say:

"here's the truth - simplified (some of this is a bit to personal to share in to much detail). if you guys are really savvy and decide to dig deeper, you will be able to fill in the blanks as this story starts to pick up traction in the mainstream press.

our company (L7) was having some major legal issues preventing us from being able to move forward in any substantial way. it wasn't anything that we (the band) did. it was a once in a lifetime nightmare that we inadvertently got caught up in - and we had no easy way out.

in addition to that, and connected to it - one of our closest friends and partners were in crisis. we just couldn't leave in the middle of it.

on the personal side - we needed to be there for our friend, on the business side, we were legally frozen.

no passport issues, and we would never book a tour and just cancel it to go record. we lost A LOT of money by canceling that tour, and a huge opportunity. it was not taken lightly.

hope this helps shed some light on why we were unable to do ANYTHING for so long. we have been in a 3 year long battle.

RS"

On December 7 last year, I posted this thread on our own forum entitled "Level 7, The Details You Never Knew...Until Now". Check it out. Some people don't really understand it, so I'll post a follow-up if needed. Level 7 was basically a music "company" that Chester and some friends created to release his solo album, the Julien-K album, and more. Anyway, enjoy.

damn....

do you think it was chester? the friend? no cuz then LP would have canceled the Euro dates...

hmm..

hopefully Julien K tours again soon

Not necessarily...if any of the LP members were in trouble, Warner would absolutely get them through it to where no tour would be canceled. I could see a show or two being dropped, but I could never see them letting a whole tour suffer, especially considering how much money that'd cost them...holy crap...So yeah...

Not necessarily...if any of the LP members were in trouble, Warner would absolutely get them through it to where no tour would be canceled. I could see a show or two being dropped, but I could never see them letting a whole tour suffer, especially considering how much money that'd cost them...holy crap...So yeah...

Absolutely zero possibility that it was anyone in LP. Ryan says right there that they needed to be there for their friend, meaning NOT going on the tour, meaning that the friend was someone at home.

The friend was probably either Kenji Kato or Henry Nicholas. I'm still clueless as to why the tie-up with Level 7 would legally prevent Julien-K from touring in Europe but not the United States though...

Edited by Astat

Absolutely zero possibility that it was anyone in LP. Ryan says right there that they needed to be there for their friend, meaning NOT going on the tour, meaning that the friend was someone at home.

The friend was probably either Kenji Kato or Henry Nicholas. I'm still clueless as to why the tie-up with Level 7 would legally prevent Julien-K from touring in Europe but not the United States though...

Maybe Julien-K couldn't leave the USA, what if it was forbidden.

It seems Level 7 was not a real record studio but "a sex cave", "fully stocked warehouse of drugs", and "a brothel’s worth of prostitutes on the payroll", ah? (dont kick me if i didnt get it all) It would explain a neverending recording of Dead By Sunrise pretty well.

Maybe Julien-K couldn't leave the USA, what if it was forbidden.

It seems Level 7 was not a real record studio but "a sex cave", "fully stocked warehouse of drugs", and "a brothel’s worth of prostitutes on the payroll", ah? (dont kick me if i didnt get it all) It would explain a neverending recording of Dead By Sunrise pretty well.

That IS NOT what Level 7 was AT ALL. Way to COMPLETELY misread the article. What you just referred to are the accusations brought against Henry Nicholas, which had NOTHING to do with Level 7 itself. Level 7 wasn't a recording studio either, it was supposed to be a new record label/musical artist development company. Level 7 = Chester's version of Machine Shop, essentially.

I know you said not to kick you, but WOW.

Edited by Astat

That IS NOT what Level 7 was AT ALL. Way to COMPLETELY misread the article. What you just referred to are the accusations brought against Henry Nicholas, which had NOTHING to do with Level 7 itself. Level 7 wasn't a recording studio either, it was supposed to be a new record label/musical artist development company. Level 7 = Chester's version of Machine Shop, essentially.

I know you said not to kick you, but WOW.

:rolleyes:  Thank you for explaination, sometimes my english understanding sucks.

But if Henry Nicholas had NOTHING to do with Level 7 itself, what does it mean?

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=659

In document "Declaration of Kenji Kato"

Towards the end of 2004, he (Nicholas) decided to create a media company called Level 7. I was the first person to come on board and help him develop this company

:rolleyes:  Thank you for explaination, sometimes my english understanding sucks.

But if Henry Nicholas had NOTHING to do with Level 7 itself, what does it mean?

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=659

In document "Declaration of Kenji Kato"

Towards the end of 2004, he (Nicholas) decided to create a media company called Level 7. I was the first person to come on board and help him develop this company

He said that accusation towards Henry had nothing to do with Level7, not Henry himself.

• 2 weeks later...