Mike Shinoda Gives Updates on New Album

maik_gianino

That was confirmed like 2 months ago, he has said that in different interviews, so there's nothing new here, there's not an update.

Funny, always with negative comments on my posts...

Mike said something about EDM and ALTNC yes, but never said that the new album won't sound like Living Things, so, is a little update, but is an update, you like it or not like it. :)

So this article says that the band is not working with Rick Rubin, but he may join later. Hmm. Do you guys think he will produce the next album, like he did with MTM, ATS and LT? It seems like if LP are already working on the new album, and they are already playing shows in January, etc, that they would at least have a producer figured out by now. I wonder if Mike will straight up produce the next album, or if they will choose someone else, or just go with Rick again..

They are already working with Rick Rubin. Mike tweeted that this was the first time they were actually WRITING music with him, not just him reviewing the tracks and lyrics, they were doing music together.

I don't know why, but that sounds like bad news to me.

They are already working with Rick Rubin. Mike tweeted that this was the first time they were actually WRITING music with him, not just him reviewing the tracks and lyrics, they were doing music together.

If you're talking about this, it could be the ALTNC Reboot. And according to Mike's answer - more than likely.

If you're talking about this, it could be the ALTNC Reboot. And according to Mike's answer - more than likely.

I just want to take this opportunity to say that you are one of the most resourceful people on this entire forum. That's definitely meant to be a compliment lol.

Anyways, yeah I think you're right. At first I thought he meant that Rick was writing the album with them, which as much of a genius as Rick might be, he's not a member of Linkin Park. Wouldn't have made sense at all.

Anyways, yeah I think you're right. At first I thought he meant that Rick was writing the album with them, which as much of a genius as Rick might be, he's not a member of Linkin Park. Wouldn't have made sense at all.

Producers often help to write the music for an album, though considering how creative Linkin Park are, I definitely don't think they'd need that.

To be honest, I really don't think they need Rubin at this point. Just let Shinoda produce the whole thing.

Producers often help to write the music for an album, though considering how creative Linkin Park are, I definitely don't think they'd need that.

To be honest, I really don't think they need Rubin at this point. Just let Shinoda produce the whole thing.

They should self-produce. It's not an unheard of thing. I never understood why they don't let Mike produce by himself. He's been described as "the glue", and he's a talented producer. I don't see what the problem is in letting Mike be the sole executive producer for an LP album.

I'm sure Rick will end up getting a production credit on the new album. The whole reason the band likes him is because working with Rick Rubin really doesn't fit in the classic definition of "working with" a producer. Rick leaves the band to their own devices 95% of the time, and only chimes in on things that he believes are REALLY critical. And even when he does chime in, he ultimately leaves the final decision on things up to the band.

With that said, it also begs the question of why they even NEED Rick Rubin at this point, if they're going to be doing everything themselves for the most part anyway. Rick's a good guy to go to when you need to open up new doors (i.e. working with someone like Don Gilmore on your first two albums and not knowing any kind of work ethic other than his), but once those doors are open, you probably don't need to keep leaning on Rick like a crutch either. Maybe they just like paying him tons of money so they can have a big-name producer on their album credits, I dunno.

+1

Personally, I don't think they even need a producer. Mike is well capable of doing it himself (he basically is already). They're paying Rubin to do very little as things stand.

So this article says that the band is not working with Rick Rubin, but he may join later. Hmm. Do you guys think he will produce the next album, like he did with MTM, ATS and LT? It seems like if LP are already working on the new album, and they are already playing shows in January, etc, that they would at least have a producer figured out by now. I wonder if Mike will straight up produce the next album, or if they will choose someone else, or just go with Rick again..

At first I thought he meant that Rick was writing the album with them, which as much of a genius as Rick might be, he's not a member of Linkin Park. Wouldn't have made sense at all.

To be honest I'm not sure about what you guys talking.. Isn't they're always working like this? They're doing what they doing and then Rick check the music and say "Fix this one, change this one, and mix this one again." etc..?

Rick helped the band out a GREAT AMOUNT for MTM. After that, I think he may have lent the band some good ideas, etc, for ATS. But for LT, he can be seem helping the band, etc in the making of. He probably wasn't as crucial as he was for MTM, but he surely helps the band out a lot.

To be honest I'm not sure about what you guys talking.. Isn't they're always working like this? They're doing what they doing and then Rick check the music and say "Fix this one, change this one, and mix this one again." etc..?

I thought the quote meant that Rick was writing the album with them, as in creating parts instead of just giving advice and things of that nature. That's what I meant. I don't think Rick actually took part in the creation of the parts, writing of lyrics and all that directly. I was under the impression that he only gave his thoughts on what the band came up with.