Custom B-Sides/Other Songs Album

hahninator

If someone asked you to make a 10 track album with "other" (non album) LP songs, what ones would you pick?

Mine:

Announcement Service Public

Across The Line

QWERTY (Live)

She Couldn't

No Roads Left

Blue

What We Don't Know

Pretend To Be

Blackbirds

High Voltage (Remix)

01. Homecoming (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

02. What We Don't Know (Unreleased Demo 2007)

03. Across The Line (Unreleased Demo 2007)

04. Qwerty (Studio Demo)

05. Blackbirds

06. Pretend To Be (Unreleased Demo 2008)

07. Asbestos (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

08. Debris (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

09. Announcement Service Public

10. Bang Three ('What I've Done' Original Demo)

;)

Soundtrack (Meteora Demo)

Pts.Of.Athrty (The Crystal Method Remix)

Sold My Soul To Yo Mama

Across The Line

I Have Not Begun (Demo 2009)

What I've Done (M. Shinoda Remix)

No Roads Left

Issho Ni

Debris (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Not Alone

B)

I just realized that we never got a proper b-side for any album except for MTM. I don't count the 1997/1998/1999 demos as demos for Hybrid Theory. High Voltage (Reprise) and My December weren't b-sides, either. Meteora demos that we have are all just demos of songs from the album, or instrumental demos that never got much work done past that point. I Have Not Begun technically could be a Thousand Suns demo, but it doesn't seem it to me, it seems more of a thing Mike made to do with the Roots back in 2009 on stage. We have got nothing from LIVING THINGS, yet. But we sure have tons of MTM stuff, which I guess is only natural since they wrote an insane amount of stuff for that album and worked on it for years.

I don't count the 1997/1998/1999 demos as demos for Hybrid Theory. High Voltage (Reprise) and My December weren't b-sides, either. I Have Not Begun technically could be a Thousand Suns demo, but it doesn't seem it to me, it seems more of a thing Mike made to do with the Roots back in 2009 on stage.

Just because you don't classify them as such doesn't mean they aren't B-Sides.

Just because you don't classify them as such doesn't mean they aren't B-Sides.

To be fair, the only MTM songs that I count as b-sides are Across The Line, What We Don't Know and Blackbirds. Technically, you could classify Pretend To Be, Not Alone and Debris all as ATS demos, because they were worked on after 2007.

To be fair, the only MTM songs that I count as b-sides are Across The Line, What We Don't Know and Blackbirds. Technically, you could classify Pretend To Be, Not Alone and Debris all as ATS demos, because they were worked on after 2007.

True, but that wasn't my point. What I meant was just because what WE classify certain songs as doesn't make that a fact. For example, if I said In Between was a B-Side, it would be an opinion (a stupid one, but nevertheless...), but it would be false in fact.

I just realized that we never got a proper b-side for any album except for MTM. I don't count the 1997/1998/1999 demos as demos for Hybrid Theory.

Okay, so let's be fair, 2004/2005/2006 demos are not MTM demos. So technically LP never released any b-side.

;)

MTM II :P

mine's more of an EP -

• A.06 (LPU2 short version, the count-in for QWERTY should be before the closing turntable echo has been silenced)
  • QWERTY (more echo on guitars and samples, so it sounds more like the live version)
  • I Have Not Begun (QWERTY should end with the opening 'hums' of IHNB so it transitions like a boss)
  • Blue
  • Pretend To Be
  • Dedicated
  • She Couldn't
  • New Divide (w/My December as a hidden track)

My December [was]n't a b-side

I might agree with you on High Voltage not being (technically a b-side, on the basis that it was [art of an older 'release', but b-side is a term for what's on side 2 (B) of a vinyl single, the phrase transitioned to mean non-album tracks that are included on a CD single.

OSC vinyl single

side A: One Step Closer

side B: My December

My December appeared on LPU2, but it was readily available as a b-side on the OSC singles.

My December is a b-side.

If I remember right High Voltage (Reprise) was recorded during the HT sessions so that would make it a real "b-side" of the HT album. My December was recorded afterwards.

Even the definition of singles changed over time, back in the 60's for example The Beatles, some of their singles were standalone releases and often not found on an album.

What do you mean by "main"? RECHARGED isn't really a main album. Just like Reanimation is not something I would consider a main album. Just saying lol

I wouldn't consider Recharged a main album, either. I don't consider Reanimation or Collision Course as main albums, and those are in the same vain as Recharged. I really only count that LP has 5 albums. Sure, they have live albums and releases, remix and collaborations and stuff like that, but those aren't main albums, which is totally fine, many bands do that.

I think COG meant to say it was on non-LPU/EP/iTunes album. The term "main" is a little bit confusing, there are Studio, Remix, or Live albums and all of them are worldwide-official albums and I guess this is his commentary of "main".

Edit:

Wait, LP have more official remixes albums than official live albums..

Wait, LP have more official remixes albums than official live albums..

really?

official remix albums -

Reanimation

Collision Course

Recharged

Live Albums -

Live In Texas

Road To Revolution

A Thousand Suns+

Living Things w/Berlin show

live EPs too -

LPU 3

LPU 5

LPU 7

iTunes Live from SoHo

A Thousand Suns: Puerta De Alcalá

iTunes Festival 2011

I wouldn't count ATS+ and LT+ as standalone live album releases.

as lazy as I think those releases were, I still count them - they're all we have!

Like Jonas said ATS+ and LT+ are just special editions of the albums. About the live EPs, you already said that.. EPs - not albums (and you forgot the Live Around The World and the North American EP :P).

haha I know, I was being picky with EPs ;)