Stone Temple Pilots' "High Rise" EPK

hahninator

RollingStone.com has posted the EPK for the new STP "High Rise" EP due out October 8th!

"The band has already offered a taste of the EP with the greasy "Black Heart." Now fans can explore the writing and recording of High Rise in this exclusive clip, which features intimate studio footage and band interviews. In it, Bennington talks about the excitement and sheer terror that came with joining a veteran band with a devoted fanbase. "( immediately said yes," he says. "Then I was like, 'Oh, shit' – I just said yes!""

Read the full article here.

What's up with Chester chewing gum when performing/singing. Seen it a lot from his STP live videos. Seems weird and out of place.

lol there's a lot of cool info in the vid and you bring this? who cares dude?

Woow i loved this video it gave me hope that the EP would be better i might need to listen to it more times and it will grow on me, Cry Cry sounds so good. They are really getting along really good, STP loves Chester.

It's cool to see Chester in a new writing environment. They see to be a jam band, when we know LP is very much not.

The snippet of Cry Cry is just killing me. I want the EP so much!!!

I hope STP fans can appreciate the fact that Chester is really taking this seriously. And I'm glad to see the whole band seem so relaxed and happy. I can't imagine what it's been like with Scott recently.

Great video!! I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the EP. The song that I am most excited for is definitely Cry, Cry. Sounds SO good.

Wow the video is very impressive. I am surprised how much better the songs sound better than they do in the 60 second previews. I guess this is why I'm not a big fan of previews and how they don't really give you a good look at what's going on. Definitely way more excited for this than I was a few days after the Amazon samples.

Whoever edited the video did a great job and the entire product came out very well. Cry Cry sounds like a jam.

Interesting enough, Cry Cry is the only song that Chester wrote by himself. I read that somewhere. It's strange that it's my favorite clip out of all of them. I don't think I like STP or the Deleo Brothers music that much, because I don't really like older STP albums, really only the new songs with Chester more or less.

Fixed that for you.

Not ashamed to speak my opinion. Cry Cry sounds great. I'm not saying I don't like the other tracks on the EP, but Cry Cry sounds like it's going to be my favorite. I was never a huge fan of STP's music anyways, so basically what I'm saying is that I will check out the EP, but I'm not really a fan of STP music in general.

Not ashamed to speak my opinion. Cry Cry sounds great. I'm not saying I don't like the other tracks on the EP, but Cry Cry sounds like it's going to be my favorite. I was never a huge fan of STP's music anyways, so basically what I'm saying is that I will check out the EP, but I'm not really a fan of STP music in general.

I'm not saying you should be ashamed, I just wonder why you're saying it's strange its the one you like the most. It's pretty clear your worship Chester a LOT.

The lyrics to the chorus in Cry Cry are awesome.

Cry cry, I can't say no

Nothing cures the craving

Yeah yeah

Cry cry, it's all a show

Just a game you're playing

Yeah yeah

I could've written that in 5 minutes. Song sounds good, but come on.

But you are not Chester lol

anyway i've never cared about lyrics.

Yeah, I'm not too nitpicky about lyrics unless they're absolute garbage, more so in the content, than simplicity. I care more about melody, generally. However, these lyrics kind of stuck in my head, not sure why. Lol.