06.09.2013 - Sayreville, NJ, Starland Ballroom

hahninator

The second show on the Stone Temple Pilots USA tour takes them to Sayreville, New Jersey on the 6th, where they will play the Starland Ballroom. This tour is composed of fourteen shows in September before STP plays a few shows in October and one in November. Filter is opening the tour, which is appropriate since Dean (guitar) and Robert (bass) DeLeo from Stone Temple Pilots had a side project at one time with the lead singer of Filter, Richard Patrick, called Army Of Anyone. Essentially it'd be like Styles Of Beyond or Julien-K opening for Linkin Park due to their involvement in Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise, respectively.

At the first show of the tour in Bethlehem, STP played a 17 song setlist that encompassed their greatest hits as well as a few deeper album cuts. Four songs, 'Down', 'Silvergun Superman', 'Sour Girl', and 'Hollywood Bitch', were performed for the first time with Chester. For the STP fans, 'Down' was played for the first time since November 16, 2011 and 'Sour Girl' was played for the first time since June 28, 2010. These join three rarities that the band added to the set at their Third Encore rehearsal, 'Sex & Violence', which was played for the first time since October 3, 2000, 'Pop's Love Suicide', which was played for the first time since April 18, 1997, and 'Church On Tuesday', which was played for the first time ever! We definitely commend Chester and STP for not going with a standard "greatest hits" setlist on this tour and for actually digging into their catalog to perform some lesser known songs!

You can watch videos of almost every song from the Bethlehem show here.

Thanks to our friends at Below Empty, the biggest Stone Temple Pilots fansite that has been around for many years, we have also been able to identify some setlist notes for the songs STP is playing on this tour.

Stone Temple Pilots is a band that usually changes their setlists for each show by a few songs as well. From rumors we have heard from STP fans, they have rehearsed more than these 17 songs for this tour. We already know 'Black Heart' from the new EP was rehearsed, and possibly other new songs have been rehearsed as well. Do you think we will see any of those new songs besides 'Out Of Time' on this tour? Additionally, the band played 'Pretty Penny' acoustically in June (show page here) so that's at least one other song. They do know the 'All The Young Dudes' cover by Mott The Hoople too that was played at the MusiCares event (show page here) but it is unlikely they will play that song. Do you think STP will change the setlists show-by-show as they usually do?

After this show, the band plays Atlantic City's House Of Blues on the 7th followed by Boston's House Of Blues on the 9th, before hitting New York. For the full 2013 tour schedule for STP, click here.

SETLIST:

01. Down

02. Big Bang Baby

03. Vasoline

04. Dead & Bloated

05. Out Of Time

06. Silvergun Superman

07. Church On Tuesday

08. Big Empty

09. Sour Girl

10. Interstate Love Song

11. Pop's Love Suicide

12. Hollywood Bitch

13. Sex Type Thing

14. Sex And Violence

----------------------------------------------------

15. Wicked Garden

16. Piece Of Pie

17. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Stone Temple Pilots is a band that usually changes their setlists for each show by a few songs as well.

I didn't knew that. Last show setlist was really cool and energetic in my opinion, but they can add some break with Pretty Penny and Wonderful to whip up the crowd again after.

If they do change up the setlists like STP fans think they might, then I hope Chester mentions it to the rest of LP lol.

I can't wait to see video from this show. I saw THIS article that mentioned that STPWCB is the first show to play the Starland Ballroom since they closed to do renovations after Hurricane Sandy hit. I bet they'll be an extra special energy there tonight.

So jealous of everyone who can make this tour. They look like they're having a blast performing together, so I'm hopeful that they'll tour again, maybe closer to me :D

Even though the setlist from the last concert was great, I hope they will play a new set for this one, that will be opened with another song (maybe Vasoline or Wicked Garden) and that will feature either some songs that they haven't played with Chester on full shows (songs like Pretty Penny or Wonderful) or either a new song from the EP (Black Heart or any other one). The band sounded great on the last show, and I hope this will carry on throughout the tour.

Hopefully Chester presents this idea of playing older songs and not mainly singles to the next LP tour, though we all know he really doesn't have a major influence on the setlists. I wonder how much of an influence he had on the STP setlist...

STP really has an advantage with Chester being such a fan because he probably knows most of their songs by heart already.

Yeah, it saved for them a lot of time, and he can help to build the setlists since he knows all of their songs. He knows the lyrics better than them I guess lol.

---

Exactly the same setlist like Bethlehem:

Posted Image

Better one:

Posted Image

---

Down:

http://instagram.com/p/d8MfZeLvjX/

Vasoline:

http://instagram.com/p/d8NR6frvkb/

Dead & Bloated:

https://vine.co/v/hJtvaB2ZqdU

Big Empty:

http://instagram.com/p/d8Qkvwrvp1/

Sex Type Thing:

http://instagram.com/p/d8bVjiKPlx/

http://instagram.com/p/d8bmgUKPmK/

---

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So same setlist as the Bethlehem set. But I guess we can't complain though, it's a great set. I still hope they will play some new sets during the tour. They will probably do that, do to the fact that it's a 14 shows tour.

Seems like a lot of people like the new STP, a lot of positive feedbacks from people who were at the latest two shows.

---

Interstate Love Song:

http://instagram.com/p/d8eicFKPqp/

The song that is shown in this video is Big Empty, not Interstate Love Song.

So same setlist as the Bethlehem set. But I guess we can't complain though, it's a great set. I still hope they will play some new sets during the tour. They will probably do that, do to the fact that it's a 14 shows tour.

I'm more interested to hear the new songs, because at this moment there are only 3 shows after the EP release date, and who knows when is the next tour..

The song that is shown in this video is Big Empty, not Interstate Love Song.

Fixed, thanks.