Singles

Skipees

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. Why Chester said that "With You" was a promotional single?

because he and the rest of the band don't know what they're talking about, for example they think the band was founded in 1998...

original quote by Mike: "Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about."

How can it be that everyone says that "With You" is a promotional single? First, in LPAssociation.com. Is not a reliable source? Ok. Then we have Wikipedia which also says the same. It is not a reliable source? Ok. Finally we have Chester Bennington, Linkin Park vocalist saying "With You" is a promotional single. But is not credible? It can be that sometimes they don't know of what they are talking about. But such a coincidence that thousands of pages say that "With You" is a promotional single, and over Chester says it too? I don't think it's a coincidence. You know what? I don't care. If you don't want to add it, don't add it. The only thing I will say is that this thread is incomplete.

How can it be that everyone says that "With You" is a promotional single? First, in LPAssociation.com. Is not a reliable source? Ok. Then we have Wikipedia which also says the same. It is not a reliable source? Ok. Finally we have Chester Bennington, Linkin Park vocalist saying "With You" is a promotional single. But is not credible? It can be that sometimes they don't know of what they are talking about. But such a coincidence that thousands of pages say that "With You" is a promotional single, and over Chester says it too? I don't think it's a coincidence. You know what? I don't care. If you don't want to add it, don't add it. The only thing I will say is that this thread is incomplete.

The argument could be made that those sites only say it because Chester said it in an "interview".

there's no promotion cd out there. so this means it was never a promotional single...

Ah, so you have access to all promotional CDs in existence, you're saying? Quit basing your argument in ignorance. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean your point is correct.

How can it be that everyone says that "With You" is a promotional single?

1. First, in LPAssociation.com. Is not a reliable source? Ok.

2. Then we have Wikipedia which also says the same. It is not a reliable source? Ok.

3. Finally we have Chester Bennington, Linkin Park vocalist saying "With You" is a promotional single. But is not credible?

Examples:

1. LPA Wiki has HTEP with the blue artwork as the front cover (which is brown).

2. Wikipedia has "May 1, 1999" as the release date (which is unknown).

3. Mike said they formed Hybrid Theory in 1998 (Chester joined the band after March 1999).

You know what? I don't care. If you don't want to add it, don't add it. The only thing I will say is that this thread is incomplete.

The point is to discuss what's right or wrong.

Ah, so you have access to all promotional CDs in existence, you're saying? Quit basing your argument in ignorance. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean your point is correct.

We know about most of them, never heard about "With You", unless this is count somehow.

Oh, I didn't know you know something (or nothing...) about me...

I know it for 99% (I think it's a legit number, isn't it?)

Sources: my collection, other collections like Woco's, Percy's, LPC's etc

And I follow LP at almost every turn since early 2001.

I would be very happy if you prove me wrong :)

Edited by StaticXero

We know about most of them, never heard about "With You", unless this is count somehow.

What of this?

Oh, I didn't know you know something (or nothing...) about me...

I know it for 99% (I think it's a legit number, isn't it?)

Sources: my collection, other collections like Woco's, Percy's, LPC's etc

So you're honestly going to sit there and tell me that we have every promo LP ever dished out? This may be the funniest thing I've ever read. Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

What of this?

This is a cassette.

So you're honestly going to sit there and tell me that we have every promo LP ever dished out? This may be the funniest thing I've ever read.

And how this is provong any point? We have the most, at least one of each (for example if Blackout has 3 different versions - US, UK, EU - we have at least one them. Just example).

And how this is provong any point? We have the most, at least one of each (for example if Blackout has 3 different versions - US, UK, EU - we have at least one them. Just example).

It's proving that this:

there's no promotion cd out there. so this means it was never a promotional single...

Is an invalid statement.

Ok, we have sources saying that With You was a promotional single, we have Chester saying that, and now we have photos of that. But all is fake. Right?

Apparently, if it gets put with another song, it's not a promo... :/

now we need a new definition for a promotional single...

It is like talking to a wall...

It's like talking to an abuser of logical fallacies. Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

Is an invalid statement.

It's not. Promo is something that you're sending to the radio stations, so you need to send it on something, this something is called a "CD", so if the most knowledgeable CD collectors in the community never saw/heard/have something that had at least 1000 copies (unlike internal CDs), it means that it's (99%) not exist.

It's not. Promo is something that you're sending to the radio stations, so you need to send on something, this something is called a "CD", so if the most knowledgeable collectors in the community never saw/heard/have something that had at least 1000 copies (unlike internal CDs), it means that it's (99%) not exist.

The statement was "there's no promotion cd out there. so this means it was never a promotional single...". Simply put, it's a good old-fashioned "You can't prove it, therefore I am right" argument. Argumentum ad ignorantiam. LP says they had a song called Pictureboard, but we've never seen it. We cannot prove its existence, therefore LP is mistaken! The song does not exist!

It comes off as elitist and condescending.

Let me make this clear. My point is not that With You is a promo single. That's only a side thing I'm trying to figure out. The point is, you can't say IT DOES NOT EXIST, simply because no one can PROVE it exists.

Edited by Lorde-Wobbuffet

The statement was "there's no promotion cd out there. so this means it was never a promotional single...". Simply put, it's a good old-fashioned "You can't prove it, therefore I am right" argument. Argumentum ad ignorantiam. LP says they had a song called Pictureboard, but we've never seen it. We cannot prove its existence, therefore LP is mistaken! The song does not exist!

It comes off as elitist and condescending.

Read all of your posts in this thread, why you're trying to prove that he's worng instead that you're right? It's okay that you jumped into a subject that you have almost zero idea about, but you need to stop when you feel it's too far.

because he and the rest of the band don't know what they're talking about, for example they think the band was founded in 1998...original quote by Mike: "Contrary to popular belief, none of us actually know what we're talking about."

Pictureboard doesn't exist. Since the rest of the band don't know what they're talking about.