12.09.2012 - Monterrey, Mexico - MTV World Stage

hahninator

Linkin Park's first show after the 2012 Honda Civic Tour (how disappointing the tour is over!) comes at Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico for MTV World Stage. This is the band's first show in Mexico since March 2, 2002 when they played in Mexico City (show page here) with Korn after Projekt Revolution 2002. Needless to say, the Mexican fans have been waiting a while for this one! Since Projekt Revolution 2002 didn't hit Canada, this makes it the first time ever that the band will play in all three North American countries (USA, Canada, and Mexico) in the same month. Wow!

LP's previous history for MTV World Stage dates back to 2009, when four out of their fives songs at the Transformers 2 Premiere show in Westwood, CA (show page here) were shown on MTV World Stage in August of that year. The following year, eleven songs from their MTV EMA show in Madrid, Spain were shown on MTV World Stage as well (show page here). Finally in 2012, the Moscow Transformers 3 Premiere show (show page here) had eleven songs shown on MTV World Stage too. This makes it the band's fourth appearance in the last four years on MTV World Stage, but the difference is that this show is SOLELY for MTV World Stage while the previous three were for different events (MTV EMA's, Transformers 2 Premiere & Transformers 3 Premiere).

A simple Google translation of both the MTV Latin America website and the Last.fm event page tell us that the band Garbage is also playing the show with Linkin Park and "The completely free event will be recorded on Wednesday 12 September in Monterrey, NL, Mexico, and will be released on October 5 by MTV Latin America."

At the last show in Chula Vista, CA on the Honda Civic Tour, the band played US Set C. It is unknown what they will play at this show, whether it's a setlist they kept from the Honda Civic Tour or whether they elect to do something different (like an abbreviated US Set A). What do you think LP will play at MTV World Stage? We think it is unlikely they'll debut something new off of LIVING THINGS, although anything is possible. Speaking of LIVING THINGS, here's an HD proshot video of 'IN MY REMAINS' from the Carson show:

Who from LPLive is headed to the show?

After this show, the band plays in Mexico City, Mexico on the 14th at Arena Ciudad de México. The iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas takes place on the 22nd and then the band goes to South America for five shows. For the full 2012 tour schedule including all setlists from the Honda Civic Tour and upcoming tour dates, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. IN MY REMAINS

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

15. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike))

16. What I've Done

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage', Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

22. Lying From You / Papercut (Medley)

23. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Setlist pictures courtesy of @LinkinParkMX and diovanny.

10/6 EDIT: Here is the MTV World Stage broadcast.

MTV WORLD STAGE IN MONTERREY:

01. A Place For My Head

02. New Divide

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Points Of Authority

05. LIES GREED MISERY

06. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

07. LOST IN THE ECHO

08. BURN IT DOWN

09. In The End

10. Bleed It Out

11. One Step Closer

What an amazing version of 'A Place For My Head'! The crowd is pretty epic! What do you all think?

This is gonna be broadcasted on TV eventually, right? I know 30 Seconds To Mars was in 2010 (2011?), even though the broadcast was missing some songs.

EDIT: Didn't read that part, screw it. ANyone recording it?

Edited by Soul

Guys ill be there!!

First LP concert ever

It was a sacriface to get my ticket i live 6 hours away from Monterrey i traveled 3 times the first to sign up for the contest to get my tickets the second to pick up my tickets and today for arrive early to the venue tomorrow

32 hours plus two times waiting in the row 5 hours each

Mtv knew my history they gave me vip tix (pit plus m&g)

Im nervous &nd fucking pumped!!!

Guys ill be there!!

First LP concert ever

It was a sacriface to get my ticket i live 6 hours away from Monterrey i traveled 3 times the first to sign up for the contest to get my tickets the second to pick up my tickets and today for arrive early to the venue tomorrow

That takes commitment. Congrats man. Have fun!

I just got an invitation to be part of a television show called MTV GUIK the band will be there

in that show they invite some fans, and sometimes the bands play acoustic sets (1 or 2 songs) so this is fucking cool!!!!

You lucky motherfucker. Lol, have a great time at both events :)

Well.they'll stick with the old setlist,If they will play a full set,(which is not expected by me) they will play "New divide",the catalyst","Burn it down","Lost in the echo" ,"With you","Medley"

Guys ill be there!!

First LP concert ever

Congratulations ,so damn luck you're......I've never been in a LP show too,I'm trying my level best to get my passport ready & I'll fly for one show somewhere....You're so lucky & your love for band shows Dedication!

Guys ill be there!!

First LP concert ever

Congratulations and good luck man, I know you'll enjoy the concert, I wanted to be there but I have to work :( , maybe if they come to Guadalajara .... but i doubt that hahahaha maybe I'll have to wait 10 more years hahahaha.

2 Minutes for the Show.

My bet, US Set B TV (Short Version)

Show Started...

A Place For My Head, 90% confirmed xD

US Set B TV confirmed Guys.

Picture in 5 minutes

Setlist, i don't which is the source, a friend of mine gave me the picture:

Posted Image

Edited by maik_gianino