[HOW] We could get LP to play older songs

ana

I just got an idea on how we could possibly request songs to the band!

All we would need are A4 sized papers and a pen.

When we are going to attend the shows, I'm sure we stay together at the same spot in the venue and if we write on a sheet of paper i.e

"PLAY WITH YOU PLEASE" and around 8 people (+/-) hold it up, the guys will probably reconize and think about it.

Those Papers are pretty small but you can clearly read what' on it, because when I was on stage with 30stm the crowd held up a lot of A4 papers with "Pick me".

The guys might not change their setlist but I'm sure if we continue requesting those songs they might do it. I mean we made a petition for A Place For My Head and they actually placed it on their setlists.

What do you think?

Songs I would request:

With You

Figure 09/ From The Inside Transition (I would "fight" to death to make the guys playing that lol)

Blackbirds

A waste of time should not suffer, LP will be playing live the songs they like ...

Blackbirds - not be performed in live, Mike Shinoda talked about this in a chat on LinkinPark.com

It doesnt cost you ANY time, why? Because a) I would print the sheets out, you fold them and put in your jeans (oh yes there you waste your 5 seconds) and one time you hold them up for mike to read.

I dont see any waste of time and they should play want they want but also what we want..in the end we are the customers, we paid 60euros for each show so we could atleast make a wish.

The band doesnt really know what we fans want, and when they want to know people spam or reply with songs they already play...and they wont waste their time to look all the answers up.

This is to me the best method to get the message through.

It doesnt cost you ANY time, why? Because a) I would print the sheets out, you fold them and put in your jeans (oh yes there you waste your 5 seconds) and one time you hold them up for mike to read.

I dont see any waste of time and they should play want they want but also what we want..in the end we are the customers, we paid 60euros for each show so we could atleast make a wish.

The band doesnt really know what we fans want, and when they want to know people spam or reply with songs they already play...and they wont waste their time to look all the answers up.

This is to me the best method to get the message through.

I really want to see LP again began to perform such tracks as : Figure09, Easier to run, By myself, Forgotten, And One, Pushing me away want to more often performed etc !!!

...... and is ready to make every effort to do it in reality "

...But I still think LP would not do :)

I really want to see LP again began to perform such tracks as : Figure09, Easier to run, By myself, Forgotten, And One, Pushing me away want to more often performed etc !!!

...... and is ready to make every effort to do it in reality "

...But I still think LP would not do :)

well we dont know what the band would do. I know that when I told Mike I wanted him to play the stings on breaking the habit a little louder they actually did it (he told me he would do it and I could clearly hear them louder)

anyway we can give it a try, and even if they wont do it..they know what we want and thanks god they care a little bit for us..maybe more than we except. (yes Im optimistic about that)

figure09 and from the inside (the PR04 medley) thats all I want..and as I said: if a lot of us hold up the request, they will surely do/say something

and on the back there will be LPLive.net and your name/username...maybe we can get a shoutout? haha (especially if some of us, including me, are going to + 2 shows....)

ill be at 3 shows in a row and always in the first row...so im sure LPLive gets a shoutout..and I hope to get a meet and greet. I would request the songs the LPL has selected

A waste of time should not suffer, LP will be playing live the songs they like ...

Blackbirds - not be performed in live, Mike Shinoda talked about this in a chat on LinkinPark.com

I'm still betting on him doing his verse over POA at times, I honestly think Figure.09 has the best chance of being back in the setlists, maybe not anytime soon but like a year from now possibly. It's slowly turning into the next APFMH petition and it could easily fit with From the Inside, the whole transition thing and all everyone keeps requesting. If we keep requesting it at shows, online, starting petitions and such, there is a pretty decent chance of it coming back! I am actually keeping my fingers crossed for With You though. The only reason I don't think they'd do With You anymore is cause of the long scream in the intro, I doubt Chester would wanna do three like 9 second screams in one show (Given Up being split and all). It would just wear him out and the song wouldn't be the same without the intro scream.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I'm still betting on him doing his verse over POA at times, I honestly think Figure.09 has the best chance of being back in the setlists, maybe not anytime soon but like a year from now possibly. It's slowly turning into the next APFMH petition and it could easily fit with From the Inside, the whole transition thing and all everyone keeps requesting. If we keep requesting it at shows, online, starting petitions and such, there is a pretty decent chance of it coming back! I am actually keeping my fingers crossed for With You though. The only reason I don't think they'd do With You anymore is cause of the long scream in the intro, I doubt Chester would wanna do three like 9 second screams in one show (Given Up being split and all). It would just wear him out and the song wouldn't be the same without the intro scream.

Well here, I agree with your opinion, ... All principle the stated case  ;)

I doesn't matter if this will be a succes or not...at least we can try it. We have nothing to loose ;)

Imagine how cool it would be if we ask for Figure.09 and they play it not because of us but because they bring it back anyway...

so I see lots of positive comments about that..

yes we have nothing to loose..

and when I have a meet and greet Ill ask mike to do blackbirds over POA (if they re-do that again)

maybe the band doesnt want to play these intros anymore..i mean yes they are cool but to them playing every night the same stuff they played in 2009...

anyway if they do i'll ask about a LPLrequest for blackbirds/we made it..

if its with you count me in , but the set lists are pre decided right can they deviate from it , have they ever changed it before !!!!!!!!!! plz excuuse me if im wrong :)

black birds nahhhhhh nothing much special in it , ofc fig 0.9 but with you sounds muhc better than that :)

Edited by aravind221