Update on some LP-related collaborations

Astat

I've been keeping track of all of the confirmed and rumored LP-related collaborations for a while now, since there are quite a few of them. I figured I'd throw this up here as a reminder since some of these are pretty close to coming out...

Metric - "Gold Guns Girls" remix - Release date: Unknown

Mike remixed the song "Gold Guns Girls" as part of the theme for the Glorious Excess (Dies) art show. The remix is available for streaming on Mike's website, and Metric is apparently planning some sort of official release for the song, but no details on those plans are available yet.

Uncle Kracker - Happy Hour - Album release date: September 15th, 2009

Joe Hahn co-wrote a song called "Vegas Baby" for this album, and probably performed on it. It was featured in the "What Happens in Vegas" episode of The Hills a while back, and is listed in BMI's catalog database. However, the album was heavily re-written over the past year or so, and a bunch of tracks were cut. This song isn't on the final tracklisting, so it looks like it may never come out, but I'm making note of it here anyway.

Apathy - Wanna Snuggle? - Album release date: October 6th, 2009

Mike Shinoda produced a track called "Shoot First" for this album.

Kenna - MSTSMF Outtakes - Album release date: Late 2009?

Kenna has confirmed that there will be a track featuring Mike Shinoda on this.

Kings of Leon - Remix album (title TBA) - Album release date: Fall 2009?

One of the remixes on this album involves Linkin Park in some way, presumably Mike and/or Joe.

Cypress Hill - (Album title TBA) - Album release date: Late 2009?

Mike has confirmed that he produced a track for this album.

There were rumors a while back about an LP-related collaboration on Timbaland's Shock Value: Volume 2 album, as well as a collaboration with Akon. Both of these are extremely unlikely at this point, but have not been confirmed or denied. There was also a rumor of a collaboration/Mike Shinoda production on Lil Jon's Crunk Rock, but that turned out to be untrue.

cool! never heard of the one with akon to be honest..... hopefully it wont happen lol

I think that one was only mentioned in one article, and it was about 2 years ago, so I really doubt it. The Timbaland one gained a lot of momentum after they did Bleed it Out together at the VMAs, but Phoenix said in an LPU chat a while ago that they hadn't worked together on anything to that point. Shock Value 2 has been delayed a bunch of times though, and Timbaland is still working on it, so the possibility is still there.

thanks very much for info!

Uncle Kracker - Happy Hour - Album release date: September 15th, 2009

Joe Hahn co-wrote a song called "Vegas Baby" for this album, and probably performed on it. It was featured in the "What Happens in Vegas" episode of The Hills a while back, and is listed in BMI's catalog database. However, the album was heavily re-written over the past year or so, and a bunch of tracks were cut. This song isn't on the final tracklisting, so it looks like it may never come out, but I'm making note of it here anyway.

sooo anyone have an mp3 of this? :)

sooo anyone have an mp3 of this? :)

I don't see how anyone would have an mp3 of a song that has not been released in any manner and will not be released at any point in the forseeable future.

just wondering, has Joe Hahn ever co-written a song for LP?

All members of Linkin Park are credited as equal co-writers of all of their songs, with very few exceptions outside of Phoenix not being credited on most of Hybrid Theory/Reanimation.

Edited by Astat

I remember reading in a few places (I can't find any to quote, so its most likely b.s) but the there the timberland and LP track was called "Underground"?

I don't see how anyone would have an mp3 of a song that has not been released in any manner and will not be released at any point in the forseeable future.

I think he meant from the hills episode?

I remember reading in a few places (I can't find any to quote, so its most likely b.s) but the there the timberland and LP track was called "Underground"?

I think he meant from the hills episode?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/the-hills-season.../playlist.jhtml - If you can tolerate watching an entire episode of The Hills and can somehow figure out which of the many songs in the episode is the right one, have at it. I haven't been able to do either. It's probably not a very long clip of the song and it may be background music with people talking over it anyway, so it's likely not even worth the trouble.

List of all the songs in the episode:

Sara Bareilles, "Vegas"

KT Tunstall, "Hold On"

Uncle Kracker, "Vegas Baby"

Cartel, "Burn This City"

Jesse Malin, "Dont Let em Take You Down"

Fall Out Boy, "Thanks for the Memories"

Foo Fighters, "The Pretender"

The Skeptics, "She Was Hot"

Kat Deluna (feat. Elephant Man), "Whine Up"

Britney Spears, "Gimme More"

Nelly Furtado, "Do It"

Letters Lost, "Wish"

Taxi Doll, "Sweetest Thing"

HelenaMaria, "Let Me Breathe"

David Condos, "Permanent (Smoking City)"

Kelly Clarkson, "Be Still"

All members of Linkin Park are credited as equal co-writers of all of their songs, with very few exceptions outside of Phoenix not being credited on most of Hybrid Theory/Reanimation.

My December and all the HTEP songs except for Carousel and Part of Me arent the whole LP

Edited by Aiman

The main post should be edited...it was confirmed like 2 years ago that LP wasn't really collaborating with Akon or Timbaland.

When you can provide a source, I'll change it. I haven't seen this video you're talking about and you're the first person I've ever seen mention it.

My December and all the HTEP songs except for Carousel and Part of Me arent the whole LP

"With very few exceptions outside of Phoenix not being credited on most of Hybrid Theory and Reanimation" - meaning there ARE exceptions, just not many of them.

BTW, My December is credited to Shinoda/Bennington/Hahn/Delson/Bourdon, same as any other typical Hybrid Theory-era song. Same with Part of Me, Step Up, And One, and High Voltage. Carousel and Technique haven't been published through BMI so I can't check the songwriting credits on those, but I would assume they're the same.

"With very few exceptions outside of Phoenix not being credited on most of Hybrid Theory and Reanimation" - meaning there ARE exceptions, just not many of them.

BTW, My December is credited to Shinoda/Bennington/Hahn/Delson/Bourdon, same as any other typical Hybrid Theory-era song. Same with Part of Me, Step Up, And One, and High Voltage. Carousel and Technique haven't been published through BMI so I can't check the songwriting credits on those, but I would assume they're the same.

lol knowing you i expected you to list out every LP song thats not credited to all of LP :P

When you can provide a source, I'll change it. I haven't seen this video you're talking about and you're the first person I've ever seen mention it.

The source would be ''MIKE SHINODA OF LP SAID IT WASN'T TRUE''. I'll search for the video and post a damn link.

lol knowing you i expected you to list out every LP song thats not credited to all of LP :P

Well now that we're on the topic, I suppose I'll point out some of the ones I found a bit interesting...

-Dedicated is officially only credited to Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn, despite the LPU 2.0 CD listing it as Shinoda/Hahn/Delson/Bennington.

-Although Pheonix is listed as a co-writer for A Place for My Head, Forgotten, and Runaway in the Hybrid Theory booklet, he is officially only credited on A Place for My Head (the only song credited to all 6 members of LP plus Mark Wakefield).

-Chester is actually not officially credited on Forgotten - it is credited as Shinoda/Wakefield/Hahn/Delson/Bourdon. He is credited on FRGT/10, however.

-Forgotten's official legal title in the BMI database is still "Rhinestone," meaning the band didn't change the name of the song until after it had already been filed with the publisher.

-H! VLTG3 is credited to LP (minus Phoenix), plus the 3 members of Brand Nubian, due to the sample used in the song.

-Lupe Fiasco's "The Instrumental" is credited to Lupe, Mike, and a third unknown writer.

-Opening and NTR\MSSION are credited solely to Mike Shinoda, which makes them the only solo writing credits on a Linkin Park album.

-Despite only Mike, Chester, and Brad appearing on We Made It, all 6 members of Linkin Park are credited on the song, along with Busta Rhymes, Cool & Dre, and Edward Montilla (a frequent co-writer of some big hip-hop songs).

-With You and WTH>YOU are credited to LP (minus Phoenix) along with John King, one of the members of the Dust Brothers.

-The members of Linkin Park (minus Phoenix) are the officially credited writers of the Without a Trace theme song.

-Morning After is credited to Chester and a second unknown writer.

-Lupe Fiasco's "The Instrumental" is credited to Lupe, Mike, and a third unknown writer.

maybe its a member of Far?

-The members of Linkin Park (minus Phoenix) are the officially credited writers of the Without a Trace theme song.

i didnt know that. did they ever mention that they wrote it or were they quiet about it like the Little Boxes cover

As far as I know, the Without a Trace theme wasn't performed by LP, nor did they really have anything to do with its creation. The show's writers have stated that the theme song was intentionally made to sound similar to In the End, which is probably why LP are the credited songwriters.

As far as I know, the Without a Trace theme wasn't performed by LP, nor did they really have anything to do with its creation. The show's writers have stated that the theme song was intentionally made to sound similar to In the End, which is probably why LP are the credited songwriters.

someone should ask mike or phoenix about that.

Well now that we're on the topic, I suppose I'll point out some of the ones I found a bit interesting...

-Chester is actually not officially credited on Forgotten - it is credited as Shinoda/Wakefield/Hahn/Delson/Bourdon. He is credited on FRGT/10, however.

He is credited on Forgotten actually. :rolleyes: