Mark Morton & Chester Bennington Song Update

lpliveusername

Last year we reported Chester Bennington had entered the studio with Lamb Of God guitarist Mark Morton and producer Josh Wilbur to record a song for Morton's debut solo album.

The guitarist has been teasing his solo music since 2012, with a few instrumental tracks being shared over the years. Namely 'Make Sure', 'SnowBound' and 'Love Heals.' While those compositions differ significantly from Lamb Of God's metal sound — having influences that range from hard rock and blues to jazz fusion and progressive rock; Chester has confirmed the song he recorded (which was originally slated for Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed) would be heavier, featuring his signature screams that many fans missed on his final record with Linkin Park.

MarkChesterJosh.jpg

For the last couple of days, Mark Morton has been taking time to answer questions from fans over Twitter. He said updates on the album are coming soon and confirmed the track with Chester will be released. For the Lamb Of God fans, he also confirmed the band have started working on new music he is very excited about, but they have no planned release date for a new album yet.

I agree. I have a feeling that Warner doesn't want anything Chester-related to be put out

They definitely don't. Which is actually kind of strange. I remember talking to my good friend around the time that Chester died and we were discussing how all this epic stuff that was never released would now get released, etc. But nothing has been officially released besides that One More Light Live album that they probably had plans of putting out anyways. But I'm talking about all the tons of studio tracks from over the years, with everyone, that is unreleased. I bet a lot of people wanted to release stuff but were told they couldn't. Korn probably wanted to put out that cover of Head Like A Hole. I bet Julien-K wanted to release stuff. Stone Temple Pilots probably did. Mark Morton. There are tons. And then you have the massive vaults for Linkin Park from every album that no doubt has stuff. Also, there was that Slash song from a few months ago, that had Chester singing Doctor Alibi, that Slash said was up to whoever to release. Nobody wants his stuff released. Not sure why because he was such a great icon and singer. One of the best of our generation, if not THE best. He deserves so much more respect than he has got since he passed.

I agree. I have a feeling that Warner doesn't want anything Chester-related to be put out

They definitely don't. Which is actually kind of strange. I remember talking to my good friend around the time that Chester died and we were discussing how all this epic stuff that was never released would now get released, etc. But nothing has been officially released besides that One More Light Live album that they probably had plans of putting out anyways. But I'm talking about all the tons of studio tracks from over the years, with everyone, that is unreleased. I bet a lot of people wanted to release stuff but were told they couldn't. Korn probably wanted to put out that cover of Head Like A Hole. I bet Julien-K wanted to release stuff. Stone Temple Pilots probably did. Mark Morton. There are tons. And then you have the massive vaults for Linkin Park from every album that no doubt has stuff. Also, there was that Slash song from a few months ago, that had Chester singing Doctor Alibi, that Slash said was up to whoever to release. Nobody wants his stuff released. Not sure why because he was such a great icon and singer. One of the best of our generation, if not THE best. He deserves so much more respect than he has got since he passed.

Unfortunately both of you are wrong on this.

Warner is completely on board with releasing Chester stuff, and there is at least one project in the works right now behind the scenes. The first thing we should see is a Dead By Sunrise project that has been in the works all of 2018, but it isn't quite ready yet. Julien-K has had an unprecedented year with touring and all that so they are busy for the time being. There is material which we don't have that they want to include on that, and WBR is all on board with it.

Mark Morton's song with Chester is going to be released. There are some 2019 things that will happen. Look for the Slash song as well. Undoubtedly there are collaborations which we don't even know about - maybe some of those come too.

LPU CDs will return with time. The band isn't ready yet and they for sure don't want their first release after OML Live to be an LPU CD a year later. When LP gets things rolling again we'll see the LPU CDs I bet.

Talinda has OK'd the Chester stuff with Linkin Park and the label, so there aren't any Courtney Love-style holdups there. Everyone here is total class and WBR is on the side of LP despite what some fans might think. The big question is what happens to the full Linkin Park songs with Chester. That's a big question the band will have to tackle one day - do they do box sets for each album and throw them on there or do they do one big Chester memorial CD or what?

A box set for each album would be amazing. The Beatles did that for the anniversary of Sgt. Pepper's and are about to release one for The White Album and they're both awesome in both concept and execution.

Edited by Justin

A box set for each album would be amazing. The Beatles did that for the anniversary of Sgt. Pepper's and are about to release one for The White Album and they're both awesome in both concept and execution.

It would be awesome... but how many ''complete'' songs are there for each album that we don't have? Maybe about 5 of 6 songs for each album, I would bet. And of course those completed songs will feature Chester as he was the lead singer of the band. But also Mike, too. It would be nice to have. Imagine getting a proper ''making of'' for each album, too, like one for Living Things, The Hunting Party and One More Light. Maybe even one for Hybrid Theory, because footage does exist, it was shown a little bit during Frat Party and stuff.

I agree. One thing that really has surprised me over the years is that they never released more "making of" footage for Hybrid Theory. We know they have some of it. You can even see some in the One More Light music video. I bet they have some really awesome videos from that era.