Mike Playing Radio 104.5's 11th Birthday Celebration In Camden

RogueSoul

The Post Traumatic Tour continues! We were all worried that it was going to take a long time for the end of July to come for another performance by Mike after his incredible live debut earlier this month, but that wait just got a little shorter! Mike is performing at Radio 104.5's 11th Birthday Celebration in Camden, New Jersey (Philadelphia) on June 30.

Mike is the latest addition to the lineup. He'll be performing alongside headliners Imagine Dragons (who he will also perform with in Salt Lake City, Utah in July at Dan Reynolds' LoveLoud festival), as well as Judah & The Lion, indie-pop band AJR, indie rockers Sir Sly, and pop rock duo Missio. On the side stage, lesser known outfits The Wrecks, The Shelters, Dreamers (who you may remember from Chester's 2015 Spring US Tour with Stone Temple Pilots), and Glorious Suns. Quite a unique lineup!

This will be the first time since 2014 that Mike will be in Camden/Philly. Linkin Park was to play there in August, but of course that sadly didn't happen. They last performed at the BB&T Pavilion (formerly known as the Susquehanna Bank Center, Tweeter Center @ The Waterfront, etc.) on the Carnivores Tour with Thirty Seconds To Mars, who are coincidentally headlining the other day of the festival. This show was livestreamed on Yahoo! Music, giving us one of the first pro-shots of the tour. And who could forget the legendary 2004 performance on Projekt Revolution? Now that's a classic show.

This show needs no introduction. From the epic Gacela Intro of 'Don't Stay' to the transition between 'Figure.09' and 'From The Inside' to the Reanimated Bridge of 'One Step Closer' with Korn's Jonathan Davis, the Projekt Revolution show from Camden 2004 is an iconic performance by the band.

Who's going to go? And more importantly - who am I going to see there? ;) This will tentatively be the first show following the release of Post Traumatic (out on June 15), so we might see a live debut or two. And given that there's quite a gap between shows, perhaps Mike will add some more shows around the area as well. Things are definitely amping up! As mentioned before, after this show Mike will perform in Salt Lake City at the end of July before heading off to Asia for the first official leg of the Post Traumatic Tour, hitting stops in Thailand, Hong Kong, and Japan (and perhaps more on the way) and then Europe thereafter.

LPLive will be hosting a Fan Meetup at this show - RSVP here... details on the timing and location soon.

For all the updates on Mike and Linkin Park, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion on the band!

Check out the rest of Mike's touring schedule here.

I drove to Camden once for the show + summit in 2012 and it was like a 5 hour drive so I probably won't do this show. But it's awesome he is playing another U,S, show. Hopefully he adds more shows, like NYC.

I'm in. Camden always has great crowds. Got some seats for Nick and I right near Dylan.

I can't see him flying over for just one show. He flies all around the world for a day or so, yeah, but this will be with Digby, a crew guy, Tater on monitors, a security guy, and some gear (at bare minimum). He doesn't have a big setup or entourage but that's thousands to do all of that. Surely they add another date like NYC or something?

I'm in. Camden always has great crowds. Got some seats for Nick and I right near Dylan.

I can't see him flying over for just one show. He flies all around the world for a day or so, yeah, but this will be with Digby, a crew guy, Tater on monitors, a security guy, and some gear (at bare minimum). He doesn't have a big setup or entourage but that's thousands to do all of that. Surely they add another date like NYC or something?

We're gonna fucking jam. Though I'm taking a food break during Judah lmao

Hopefully he does like, a headlining show at Terminal 5 in NYC or something. This'll be a shorter set like KROQ, I want that full experience

I drove to Camden once for the show + summit in 2012 and it was like a 5 hour drive so I probably won't do this show. But it's awesome he is playing another U,S, show. Hopefully he adds more shows, like NYC.

where the hell are u driving from that Camden is 5hrs for u? i'm on Long Island, takes me 2.5hrs

i'm actually going to Philly this weekend

Edited by loulax07

Yeah Geki you need NYC or Boston dates. He should toss on two club shows there and a third in DC to go with this Philly one, done there's a northeast run. But I think it's too soon, only a month out... not enough time to sell tickets maybe. He could sell NYC easily if he said it was an album celebration or something.

I my opinion europe needs way more shows... :) *shhhh Germany*!

Not being mean, but Germany shouldn't be the one country who demands a show because you guys LITERALLY every year when an album comes out you have 99% possibilites of having a show over there without even asking.

Or maybe the "shhh" meant sarcasm, in that case, my bad lol

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

• 1 month later...

Next up! This will be shorter and in a bigger venue but I'm really looking forward to it due to how many people we have going. Lots of LP fans.

It might actually be the best event you have seen so far for Mike. Camden was always an epic venue for LP and the crowds are always crazy in Camden. It also might be cool to see him in a larger venue now that you've seen him in an intimate venue. I wish I could go to Camden. Just too far for me and I don't have a way down there. I wonder if someone will record the full show knowing that it's a bigger venue, more opportunities for it to happen. Plus you have all of your crew going. It will be epic no doubt.

Edited by Geki

It'll be great but it's going to be hard to beat NYC, maybe ever. It just is one of those lucky circumstances where the entire crowd was diehard fans and knew everything... I mean just around me it was so hard to hear Mike because everyone was rapping and singing everything so loudly. It was so much fun. I had no idea NYC had crowds like that for LP stuff... smaller venues in that city truly is a special deal. We saw an incredibly intimate performance with people who clearly came to throw down in the crowd lol. 10/10.

At Camden I'm looking forward to hearing About You/Over Again/Papercut again. Besides that, I'm down with anything he will play. Set is probably going to be like Welcome, Castle Of Glass, Ghosts, About You/Over Again/Papercut, In The End, Crossing A Line, Remember The Name, Running From My Shadow. A+.

Do you have to be part of like a secret group or something to get info like that, just like the Meet and Greet in NYC that I knew nothing about even though I've been a member of LPU since 2003 and used LPU to buy pre-sale tickets.

Do you have to be part of like a secret group or something to get info like that, just like the Meet and Greet in NYC that I knew nothing about even though I've been a member of LPU since 2003 and used LPU to buy pre-sale tickets.

agreed

all the other M&G's in LA and globally I've always received an email on yet the Gramercy show, nothing. WTF

Well that's a b.s. system. Back when Linkin Park had Meet & Greets, it was posted how to enter and eveyrything. Maybe Mike just didn't want a lot of fans going or something. Because I would have loved to go if I was chosen. Oh well, doesn't matter now, it's already over. I mean if there was no notification on it how am I supposed to know that I need to go to the contests page on LPU's site? LPU has been an error infest shithole of a site since like 2006, no offense. I think the last time I actually went on that site for fun was in like 2004 or maybe 2005. All the way up until 2017, there were many notifications on Meet and Greets for LP.

Edited by Geki

Of course Mike wants people to go. Just check the page. It was a simple mistake that they didn't tweet that one, they were doing press all week in NYC and were swamped.

Looks like this is going to be the last time we see him solo in person. He's adding two members to the live show (not LP or anyone we know) after LoveLoud for Asia and Europe.

Glad I got to see him / meet him in NYC. Not that I'd mind seeing him with other members on stage, it just felt more special seeing him solo with an intimate crowd.

As for the M&G, I believe the list only had ~26 people on it. It's quite the margin down from the amounts they'd have at some M&G's with LP, but it's understandable considering the small venue and the signing in Long Island a few days before.