Mike to play KROQ Weenie Roast

RogueSoul

Grab the popcorn, its livestream season. Mike Shinoda will be playing this years KROQ Weenie Roast on May 12 - two shows in one day!

Thats right. Not only is this now Mikes first show, but its on the same day as his second show! In the afternoon we will likely get to watch him play his songs for the first time on livestream, then we will keep you covered for his headlining appearance at the Identity LA festival at night. This set will likely be shorter than the later show, as he isn't the headliner. KROQ confirms Warner Bros will be sponsoring the webcast.

Mike has performed twice in the same day several times before. In 2006, he performed both a Fort Minor set and a Linkin Park set in Osaka and Tokyo at Summer Sonic, and in 2015, he did the same thing in Germany. This will be the fourth time he has performed two sets in a day, but the first time he has done it under the same name.

DbeWZAyU8AApfMd.jpg

Anyone planning on going? This will be Mike's first concert (unless we get ANOTHER earlier show), so be ready for May 12 - it's going to be a busy day. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for all the updates and live coverage!

Can someone confirm our day--What time are we to be in Carson and what time in Downtown LA. I am going to both and I assume I show up at noon for Carson and then leave after Mike finishes to go to LA. Is that right?

Yes - this KROQ show in Carson will be early in the afternoon and the Identity LA show will be later in the night. Times will hopefully be out within the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

any news on a live stream for his first show this weekend?

I really dont wanna miss it! Im hyped!

The inlet will be 12:00 pm LA time. Start is about 01:00 pm right?

It would be 10:00 pm for europe (Germany).

Hey guys,

any news on a live stream for his first show this weekend?

I really dont wanna miss it! Im hyped!

The inlet will be 12:00 pm LA time. Start is about 01:00 pm right?

It would be 10:00 pm for europe (Germany).

I think the guys from Kroq kicked him to the second stage because they added 30STM to the line up

He was planned for the second stage for awhile now... Shorter show because he has to go to Downtown LA for the Identity LA show. Makes enough sense to me.

I think the guys from Kroq kicked him to the second stage because they added 30STM to the line up

I don't think that's the case because he had to play earlier in the day since he has 2 shows in the same day.

But even if that were the case, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that because 30STM is a huge legendary act that should be headlining anything they play at this point. This isn't Linkin Park, it's Mike Shinoda, and he is liking to be featured earlier on the bill for most festivals.

Yeah and I didnt say that they should not headline whether Mike should. I know that he will play two shows on one day and he has to play earlier to do that, but that is not a reason not to play on the headline stage.

I went to 30 STM last week and maybe I will see them again at Rock im Park in 3 weeks, but the show last week was one of worst ever of the main act which concert I attended! It was the fourth time 30STM and I know that Leto is Leto and he wont sing every lyrics but it was crap! He should only do movies.... At least I got the ticket over FB for 25 euros and not 70 euros what the original price was^^

Yeah and I didnt say that they should not headline whether Mike should. I know that he will play two shows on one day and he has to play earlier to do that, but that is not a reason not to play on the headline stage.

I went to 30 STM last week and maybe I will see them again at Rock im Park in 3 weeks, but the show last week was one of worst ever of the main act which concert I attended! It was the fourth time 30STM and I know that Leto is Leto and he wont sing every lyrics but it was crap! He should only do movies.... At least I got the ticket over FB for 25 euros and not 70 euros what the original price was^^

30stm fans are professional karaoke singers.