Japan Shows Cancelled

RogueSoul

The three shows Linkin Park were scheduled to play in Tokyo, Japan in November later this year have been officially cancelled today. Linkin Park just posted this message on their website:

To our wonderful fans in Japan and our brothers in ONE OK ROCK:

We have been looking forward to being with all of you, but unfortunately cannot play our previously scheduled performances in Tokyo. Until now, we have not communicated about our November shows because we sincerely wished to play, even in the wake of Chester's passing. We are working each day to grieve, heal, and work towards stepping on stage together without our dear friend. We are so grateful for your love and support. Our sincere appreciation for your kind understanding.

- LINKIN PARK

While it is unfortunate the shows are cancelled, it's not a huge surprise. The effects of losing Chester are still hitting hard, and the band should not rush into things. The band's show at the end of October will still be performed and will likely be the only show the band plays for the rest of 2017.

Just because these shows are cancelled does not mean we should be disheartened about future live shows. The band has made it clear that they are will continue, and when the right time comes the band will return to the stage with a powerful and confident new show. We all have to keep on healing one day at a time, and we will reach that moment soon.

There is no word on whether or not the shows will eventually be rescheduled, but you can expect the band will one day return to Japan when the time is right. Keep updated on Linkin Park news on our Twitter and Facebook page. Linkin Park will be performing with a plethora of guests on October 27 in Los Angeles, California, and we'll be giving you live updates from the show. Stay strong everyone.

If you purchased tickets for the shows in Tokyo, you can seek out refund info here. Refunds will begin on October 5 at 10:00AM JST.

Sucks, but I could have seen this coming. It will be very hard for the band to perform again in a normal show setting without Chester, both emotionally and business wise, because he was so vital to them as a brother, but also as a performer. I've had Linkin Park shows cancelled on me 8 different times so I know how much it sucks and I feel bad for the Japanese fans... But they will likely return, probably in 2018/2019.

Finally, I sad to hear that, I'm waiting for refund now T_T

Damn, I'm sorry. Trust me - the feeling sucks, I've experienced it 8 times. If you're anything like me (which you're probably not; you're probably not crazy), you're probably let down. But I know the band will return to Japan, it'll be on their top priority list once they start kicking things back up again.

Interesting to hear that they were trying to work the shows. I'm guessing that they haven't fully got a grasp as to how to handle the shows without Chester. I do agree that we'll probably hear from them throughout 2018/2019. Take all the time you need.

I can't help but wonder if production had anything to do with it. Perhaps if they had made their decision by September they would've been better off and have the time to get more rehearsals in that AREN'T in Mike's house and get a stage ready for them. I'm sure emotional issues have a lot to do with it but I feel like the production must've been a factor in this too.

The fact that they were trying to make it work out shows that they're at least looking forward to start trying to play the shows. Mike went to Paramore and Imagine Dragons concerts recently, and with the show at the end of the month coming up I'm sure he and the rest of the band are still trying to get back into the swing of live performance. After the LA show perhaps they'll have a better idea of how to go forward on the live spectrum. I'm sure they'll start playing shows at some point in 2018.

I regret that I have no chance to attend the LA show at the end of this month. I hope they would release a DVD of tribute concert for us after the show or upload some pro-shot on You tube at least.

and I am looking forward to seeing new LP on stage as soon as they can. :)

Surprised it took this long for them to announce this, honestly. It just doesn't make much sense for them to throw something together to fulfill 3 shows. If they had a more extensive additional leg of the tour ahead of them, maybe, but they're not going to be ready to make a permanent decision a week after Chester's memorial show, so why go to the trouble of making a temporary one?

I'm sorry about the japanense fans, but I'm a little glad to see that they want to continue and return to the big stage... When the time is right.

Yeah they ll definitely return, I m glad they pointed that out one more time. It ll take the time they need, we'll be right here waiting

Surprised it took this long for them to announce this, honestly. It just doesn't make much sense for them to throw something together to fulfill 3 shows. If they had a more extensive additional leg of the tour ahead of them, maybe, but they're not going to be ready to make a permanent decision a week after Chester's memorial show, so why go to the trouble of making a temporary one?

Yeah good point. Disappointing to see but they aren't ready yet. Give it time and they will be ready to go. 2018 most likely.

Whatever time they need to get everything rolling again is fine obviously.

I think it's possible they might want to have a new album, start a new chapter, start a new world tour, etc all at once in 2018 sometime. The One More Light cycle is just depressing now, I bet they'll want to make music and start fresh. It also gives them a chance, if Mike is lead vocalist for the entire album which I assume he would be, to make 10-12 new/extra songs that he can have in the live show setlist so they aren't stretching things out too far for the set.

Yeah good point. Disappointing to see but they aren't ready yet. Give it time and they will be ready to go. 2018 most likely.

Whatever time they need to get everything rolling again is fine obviously.

I think it's possible they might want to have a new album, start a new chapter, start a new world tour, etc all at once in 2018 sometime. The One More Light cycle is just depressing now, I bet they'll want to make music and start fresh. It also gives them a chance, if Mike is lead vocalist for the entire album which I assume he would be, to make 10-12 new/extra songs that he can have in the live show setlist so they aren't stretching things out too far for the set.

Yeah, I think the coolest thing would be starting off with a new record in a couple of years, touring old songs without Chester would be too sad for everyone, would be like a funeral every evening. They need to go on with Chester in their hearts, it s not about forgetting him, it s about carrying on in the right way, for them and for us ;) I ll support every decision they make