Stone Temple Pilots Add Oklahoma City Show

StaticXero

I wonder if they are about to drop a tour.

the "real" acts for this show are Mötley Crüe and Hinder. "And Other Special Guests" = STP.

looks like they're joins to existing shows.

Posted Image

Edited by Skipees

I think, they cannot make a Tour with the Weiland's lawsuit thing. You think that a promoter and sponsors will going to a unsure place? going to throw the money? STP is like a cloud now, can disappear anytime.

What happen if STP announce a Tour and the something happen with Weiland?

Is just my humble opinion.

They will play this kind of Shows being the "special guest" until the problems with Scottie will resolve.

I think, they cannot make a Tour with the Weiland's lawsuit thing. You think that a promoter and sponsors will going to a unsure place? going to throw the money? STP is like a cloud now, can disappear anytime.

They will play this kind of Shows being the "special guest" until the problems with Scottie will resolve.

that's sounds reasonable, and makes me wonder, maybe they will not release any new music soon because of the same reason.

Motley Crue is doing a bunch of shows in Vegas after this so I don't think they'll be touring with them. I do hope that they'll do a show closer to Dallas. The Venue isn't my type, I was hoping to go to just a STP show, and it'll be a pain to get there, but I am considering it.

Though I find it funny that all the people complaining that their using the STP name without the "with Chester" are now complaining that they're using the STP name at all. I hope I'm never so bitter over a band name.

There is absolutely NO legal precedent that would prevent the three remaining STP members from performing with Chester, nor is there one that could block them from performing songs originally written/performed with Scott Weiland. That completely goes against the way pretty much every law regarding music royalties works. The only thing Weiland MIGHT have a chance at accomplishing is oreventing them from using the "Stone Temple Pilots" name, and even then, all they'd have to do is append "with Chester Bennington" to the end of it to get around it, as that's technically not the same band name. Look at what happened with Sublime, which is now Sublime with Rome.

There's also no scenario where a venue could be sued for booking this version of STP for a show. So why, exactly is the current STP lineup such an "unsure" thing? Literally the only thing Scott Weiland can do is force them to add 3 words to the end of their name (which it sounds like they're already electing to do with the press release for this show), and make them pay him a bunch of money to play without him.

It always seems to me that the new STP is giving zero fucks about this so called "issue". They know what they are doing. I'm sure they kept it all so secret to figure it all out to not run in any sort of problems once they revealed it.

I guess the "with Chester" thing is something they don't have to do but I think it's just fair to add it for everyone who's not aware of it. Even a new band picture with Chester on the tour posters/ads for the shows wouldn't make it clear for everyone.

I hope STP is coming to Europe some time. I'd really like to see a show especially since something like BOW or Camp Freddy will never play outside the US anyway.

It always seems to me that the new STP is giving zero fucks about this so called "issue". They know what they are doing. I'm sure they kept it all so secret to figure it all out to not run in any sort of problems once they revealed it.

I guess the "with Chester" thing is something they don't have to do but I think it's just fair to add it for everyone who's not aware of it. Even a new band picture with Chester on the tour posters/ads for the shows wouldn't make it clear for everyone.

so why there's no "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington" on the show poster?

The band doesn't make the poster for the show. It's on their website, which is a good enough effort for me to say that they are wanting to use "STP with Chester".

and this was my question, why there's no "STP With Chester" and there's only "And Other Special Guests". Edited by Skipees

The artwork was probably done before STP's confirmation. Sometime this stuff doesn't get updated later, so tour posters and show ads are not always the most reliable thing ever.

i don't want to squeeze this subject too much, but what are the chances for Scott suing them, and in the show after they are not using the name STP in the poster? you seriously believe this is just a coincidence?