The official Stone Temple Pilots thread

SergSlim

In a move that has caught seemingly everyone from the Linkin Park fanbase to the Stone Temple Pilot fanbase to music fans in general off guard, Chester joined the Stone Temple Pilots on stage at the 2013 KROQ Weenie Roast in Irvine, CA as the lead singer for the band. The band was the "surprise guest" of the show, similar to what Foo Fighters did to Linkin Park in 2011 at the show - showing up and playing unannounced as a surprise. A timed release of a brand new song "Out Of Time" to KROQ followed the performance, with STP issuing a press release and Chester even confirming that he hasn't left Linkin Park.

Posted Image

Chester has confirmed that he is now the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots and Linkin Park. Also they are considering an album and tour. Video here.

I guess I will write a review of Out Of Ashes today and explain why I think it should have sounded more like "Out Of Time". Great song. Chester seems to really love this shit. I am really happy for him. Maybe this will influence LP to have some more rock songs on the next album....

Maybe this will influence LP to have some more rock songs on the next album....

I actually think it'll do the exact opposite - Chester will satisfy his apparent desire to rock out like a teenager with STP, and LP will probably dive even more into the electronic side of things because of that.

I actually think it'll do the exact opposite - Chester will satisfy his apparent desire to rock out like a teenager with STP, and LP will probably dive even more into the electronic side of things because of that.

even if Chester will fill his rock desire, there are five other guys in the band..

Also is there official artwork for Out Of Time?

not yet, not sure if they gonna bother for it..

Edit:

they used This for the soundcloud upload.

Edited by Skipees

Not only teenagers have the right to rock out :P

But I agree with you anyway. I was thinking about it and came to the same conclusion. If STP puts out a record in the same vein of "Out of Time", then it seems more likely to me that Chester will be more interested in exploring other and more calm/electronic musical directions with LP. Which doesnt mean LP will totally abandon their rocky edge though, because Mike and the other guys like to write and play louder stuff too.

I think Out Of Ashes was good, but Howard Benson and Julien-K definitely influenced it in a bad way. The songs were really good, just all the effects and production sucked. I would have preferred it sounded more raw and emotional like the original DBS songs were. They changed everything in 2008. They changed the sound of the songs, the vocals, the lyrics, a lot of stuff.

As for STP, I am happy Chester got to join them as the new lead singer because he has wanted this forever. It's a really a dream come true for him and I think Out Of Time is an amazing, good hard rock song. I can't wait to hear more from them in the future. Maybe a live EP with Chester on vocals would be cool to have.