POWERLESS Digital Single Released in Japan

RogueSoul

It seems that on October 31st Linkin Park quietly released the LIVING THINGS track POWERLESS as a digital single in Japan and it is now available to buy on the Japanese iTunes store. The release includes all new Powerless artwork and features just the one track. As of right now it appears to only be available in Japan and there's no official mention of POWERLESS being the next single for the band following CASTLE OF GLASS, which is scheduled for release November 12th to benefit Help for Heroes. This marks the second quiet digital release of the year for Linkin Park, who internationally released LOST IN THE ECHO back on October 19th, which was pushed back two weeks from its original October 5th date with no official word or promotion from the band. Back in June,

in conjunction with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. View the art below and buy it from iTunes Japan if you have access to the store. As of right now it appears to only be available in Japan.

Posted Image

Source: LPA

Image Credit: MSC

Lets go through this:

BURN IT DOWN - 1st Single w/ Music Video

LOST IN THE ECHO - 2nd Single w/ 2 Music Videos (FB & Reg.)

Castle Of Glass - 3rd Single w/ Music Video

IN MY REMAINS - 1st Non-Single Song off LT to chart in GER/UK/FRA

ILL BE GONE - 2nd Non-Single to chart in UK

LIES GREED MISERY - 3rd Non-Single to chart but was LEAKED by Mike & LP Fans before the album release all in UK

POWERLESS - 4th Non-Single to chart after much air play on the radio & Promotional Single / Music Video for Vampire hunter movie, NOW Released as a Single in Japan/UK. Im going to take a guess and say TINFOIL is part of the song, so it should be billed as 4:54 mins.

.......Its safe to say that either POWERLESS or IN MY REMAINS will be the 4TH SINGLE !! Just in time for the Holidays.

Somewhere VICTAMIZED & ROADS UNTRAVELED will be Released as a Double Single. The same goes to SKIN TO BONE & UNTIL IT BREAKS.

Edited by XeroSkies%Emo360

I really want a legit music video for this.

Yeah me too,cuz for me this song will be a great single..

but when think back, they already did the video for Abraham Lincoln promotional..

maybe they will used up the footage and mix up with something else to make it full-length video..

I doubt we'll be getting an international release for Powerless. Blue_Spring said that AL:VH just now was released in Japan, so the single is likely just another stage of the tie-in for that film. I'm still leaning towards IN MY REMAINS as the next single release.

But I do love getting more single artwork, and goddamn that is a good cover.

Chester said in an interview during Soundwave that the band was going to be working on a Music Video for POWERLESS. So thats a sign. Either way the 4th Single is going to be IN MY REMAINS or POWERLESS.

Although my plan above seems right so-far in some way lol

Chester said in an interview during Soundwave that the band was going to be working on a Music Video for POWERLESS. So thats a sign. Either way the 4th Single is going to be IN MY REMAINS or POWERLESS.

IBG is charting in Europe?

How long ago was that?

How long ago was that?

or better still, links to interviews and sources would be good.

7. When copying, reposting, or using any thread/topic from any other member, other websites, etc., we ask that you please credit the author, website, etc. as the source. This will give credit where credit is due and hopefully keep rumors to a minimum.

alot of what's being said in this thread is getting hard to track as legitimate

Source: Mike Shinoda Clan

http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2012/08/chester...a-twitter-chat/

(Do you have any plans for the next single from Living Things?

I don’t really participate in picking singles. I learnt that after making Hybrid Theory. I was never a fan of ‘In The End’ and I didn’t even want it to be on the record, honestly. How wrong could I have possibly been? I basically decided at that point I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about, so I leave that to other people who are actually talented at somehow picking songs that people are going to like the most. It also gave me a good lesson, as an artist, that I don’t necessarily have to only make music, in my band, that I want to listen to. More often than not, something that I like, very few other people like, and something that those people like is something that I kind of like, or don’t like at all. And that’s cool, it gives me a new appreciation for the songs. But, you know, now I love ‘In The End’ and I think it’s such a great song. I actually see how good of a song it is, it was just hard for me to see it at the time. So I remove myself from the process but I can tell you that there are songs we’ve made videos for that are coming up, I just don’t know what order they’re going to be released in. We just made a video for ‘Lost In The Echo’ and we’re going to be shooting a video for ‘POWERLESS’.)

There you go & ILL BE GONE CHARTED #26 right now in UK ROCK !!

August? Really? I think Chester was spewing out hot air in that interview; he himself said he doesn't give a shit about the singles, that he doesn't do any of the picking (he'd probably choose VICTIMIZED or some shit).

I dunno, man.

August? Really? I think Chester was spewing out hot air in that interview; he himself said he doesn't give a shit about the singles, that he doesn't do any of the picking (he'd probably choose VICTIMIZED or some shit).

I dunno, man.

What the hell do you mean about this post? I know tons and tons of bands who do not care about the singles, because they like to view their album as whole, and not individual songs. And Victimized is an amazing song, too, btw.

How if the video came out way before this show ?

"show"?

the point is -

you're confusing tha fact that just because you've seen a music video, doesn't mean the rest of the world has...

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter released in Japan

Powerless ALVH promo video obviously now being shown in Japan at the same time

makes sense that iTunes Japan would now stock the song as a single.

we may have seen/heard the AVLH video earlier in the US/Europe, but only now will it be receiving airplay in Japan. I don't think Powerless being released as a Japanese single means we'll be seeing any more music videos from the song.