Mexico DSP

lpu9

oh that's what I was thinking ,there were no plans for a mexican dsp,fans requested so pooch decided to give away one dsp,the first show,has a proshot,so no need of dsp,2nd one was a good show too,so they released the DSP of 2nd show,which doesn't have a proshot,wise move

oh that's what I was thinking ,there were no plans for a mexican dsp,fans requested so pooch decided to give away one dsp,the first show,has a proshot,so no need of dsp,2nd one was a good show too,so they released the DSP of 2nd show,which doesn't have a proshot,wise move

since when were there no plans for a Mexican DSP...?

and the band doesn't have a habit of not releasing a DSP on the basis of there being a pro-shot recording available (not all concert attendees would spend the next few days on lp-bits awaiting a DVD rip!)

the delay is likely due to the fact that they have to deal with MTV on a legal basis. 2010 Madrid EMA? the band got round to releasing it eventually, but it took longer than most other releases (yes, the DVD marketing/packaging/production process was a part of this) but the point stands that the WMG will have to go through more paperwork to get Mexico's 1st show out, due to their being more companies involved in the legal rights to the show's broadcast and sales.

Pooch is certainly not the one making the decisions if a show gets released or not.

It seems that they can't release stuff that was intended for MTV as DSPs. There are enough examples. The MTV World Stage Moscow 2011 "DSP" was released for free eventually.

When Pooch says he mixed it was that probably for the TV broadcast. I honestly don't think we will get this though the DSP website at least. It wouldn't surprise me if either Carson or this show ends up on a DVD for a Living Things special edition.

Pooch is certainly not the one making the decisions if a show gets released or not.

It seems that they can't release stuff that was intended for MTV as DSPs. There are enough examples. The MTV World Stage Moscow 2011 "DSP" was released for free eventually.

When Pooch says he mixed it was that probably for the TV broadcast. I honestly don't think we will get this though the DSP website at least. It wouldn't surprise me if either Carson or this show ends up on a DVD for a Living Things special edition.

yeah, it's more in the hands of management and the legal team than Pooch and the sound guys.

and yes, Carson or this show seem likely, although I think Carson has the upper hand. I feel like the band's being pretty nostalgic about certain songs etc. and a hometown show sounds about right...

yeah, it's more in the hands of management and the legal team than Pooch and the sound guys.

and yes, Carson or this show seem likely, although I think Carson has the upper hand. I feel like the band's being pretty nostalgic about certain songs etc. and a hometown show sounds about right...

With You from Carson sounded great!

The Carson TV broadcast was another Ethan Mates mix. If Pooch mixed a DSP recording for it, it's probably a different source entirely.

Ethan apparently "live mixed" the Carson show. Sounded pretty bad in my opinion. They should wait to mix these things in the future before showing them....I thought Carson was a sucky mix. I love the way Pooch mixes usually, well 2012 has sounded GREAT, but I don't like the DSP mixes on video sources because it sounds weird for some reason, like it's fake or something. Idk.

Monterrey had an epic mix, not sure who mixed that.

It wouldn't suprise me if Ethan did Monterrey since he did all the recent important TV stuff and pooch is probably very busy with all the DSPs.

I think the Carson mix was good but there were many goofs in the mix, like the Somewhere I Belong intro.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Moscow was the only case in 5 years of DSPs that we got a show for free, which wasn't even a "DSP". Maybe we get it somehow, maybe not, a DVD release seems much more likely to me than us getting it randomly for free with some promo contest (again). It's a great show, I'd like to have it too.

a DVD release seems much more likely to me than us getting it randomly for free with some promo contest (again). It's a great show, I'd like to have it too.

exactly, Madrid '10 was an MTV performance so it does seem highly likely this'll be released in a similar fashion. nothing seems to have come of that broadcast of the show from Oct 5th so I too will be glad to see this released.

It's a shame that more LT songs haven't been played on this early run of shows. a 2013 show would be better when there's likely more material rehearsed and ready, but either way, it sounded like an ace show and probably deserves a DVD, in the same way that Rock Am Ring '04 should have been the Meteora DVD rather then their 'support band' performance in front of a load of Metallica fans in Texas...