05.10.2012 - Buenos Aires, AR, Estadio G.E.B.A.

Linkin Park's South American Tour for LIVING THINGS kicks off on October 5th in Buenos Aires, Argentina at Estadio Gimnasia y Esgrima de Buenos Aires (aka Estadio G.E.B.A.). This is the first show in Argentina for Linkin Park since 2010, when they played Estadio José Amalfitani in Buenos Aires for the first show of THAT South American "Tour" - three shows total, hitting Argentina, Chile and Brazil. At that 2010 show, the band debuted a brand new setlist for the A Thousand Suns World Tour, playing 'Empty Spaces', 'When They Come For Me', 'Wisdom, Justice, & Love', 'The Radiance' (the remix with vocals from 'The Catalyst' and Mike's keyboard part), and

all for the first time! Wow!

One thing about that show was that it was unusually quiet, with fans chanting mid-show about how the sound should be turned up. Ever since the Buenos Aires show was announced this year, Argentinian LP fans have been talking with Pooch via Twitter about the sound limitation. Apparently the promoter limited the sound for the band in 2010 and will again do it this year even though fans are reporting other bands playing in the city aren't having the same problem. Regardless, we are still glad LP can perform in Argentina with or without a sound restriction! Hopefully the sound limitations can be changed before they return in the future, too.

Anyway, the crowd was pretty crazy (like they are at all South American LP shows, of course)...check that out in this proshot video of 'Papercut' from Buenos Aires in 2010:

Mike recently confirmed in the LPU chat room that the band will keep the current three setlists until the end of the year, so expect the ones from the Honda Civic Tour to be used in South America and later in South Africa this year too. And that's not a bad thing - these setlists kick ass and are some of the best ones LP has used in years (in our opinion, at least)!

So who's going to the show from LPLive? Did anyone get a M&G? Any predictions on which setlist this show will get?

After this show, the band goes to Brazil for four shows, starting with São Paulo on the 7th. For the full 2012 tour schedule including past setlists and upcoming show dates, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide (Aborted)

04. With You ( 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. IN MY REMAINS

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

15. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike)

16. What I've Done

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

—-----------------------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

22. Lying From You / Papercut (Medley)

23. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

- 'New Divide' was aborted right before the breakdown due to the crowd being rowdy. Chester sang part of it a cappella after that then gave a speech to the crowd. "If someone falls down, pick 'em up!" Then they played 'With You'.

Setlist picture HERE thanks to maik_gianino.

Video of 'New Divide' being aborted:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a great time! Were you at the Maquinaria Festival last year?

Thaks so much!!!

Nope... The Maquinaria Festival was in Chile... I was in Velez (Estadio José Amalfitani) the firts time they came here (2010)... And Chester held my hand during 15 glorious seconds while singing BTH...

Actually, I'm in the Papercut video of the post... ^^

Thaks so much!!!

Nope... The Maquinaria Festival was in Chile... I was in Velez (Estadio José Amalfitani) the firts time they came here (2010)... And Chester held my hand during 15 glorious seconds while singing BTH...

Actually, I'm in the Papercut video of the post... ^^

Oh lol my bad about Maquinaria. I always get my venues fucked up :P

I think that they will be using set b in Sao Paulo, Brazil, because this concert will be stremmed. I don't believe that they will use the same set in Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo.

Unless its like that period in the HCT when they used the same set for like 5 shows in a row.

Unless its like that period in the HCT when they used the same set for like 5 shows in a row.

Maybe but the tour is so small that I don't see this happening. Maybe they play set b in Argentina and another one in Sao Paulo. We never know.

I hope to see all the 3 sets here.

those who'll be going to show at oct 5,I hope you're not silly that you'll waste your money watching the show via your camera screens,I request you to beat "Rock in Rio" if you can,show the world that you're the best fans,make some noise ,LINKIN PARK is coming,ask me who can't even go to their concert :/

those who'll be going to show at oct 5,I hope you're not silly that you'll waste your money watching the show via your camera screens,I request you to beat "Rock in Rio" if you can,show the world that you're the best fans,make some noise ,LINKIN PARK is coming,ask me who can't even go to their concert :/

I was at Rock in Rio (the original, in Brazil) last year and I unfortunately have to say that is impossible to create the same atmosphere of this festival.

Please, thats impossible. I see your point, though. There will already be a proshot, so no point in recording :P

&Can someone tell me why the hell Rock In Rio is now in Lisbon? Should be Rock in Lisbon..

Edited by Soul

Please, thats impossible. I see your point, though. There will already be a proshot, so no point in recording :P

&Can someone tell me why the hell Rock In Rio is now in Lisbon? Should be Rock in Lisbon..

Let the name of my city, please! haha

That are Rock in Rio (in Rio), Rock in Rio Lisbon and Rock in Rio Madrid.

Edited by Leonardo Mazzarella Freire