Linkin Park become the first rock band to pass one billion hits on YouTube

maxstar

"The nu-metallers have scored over one billion hits on their YouTube channel LinkinParkTV, with their 2009 single 'New Divide', which acted as the lead-off single to the Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen soundtrack scoring 131 million views alone." - New Musical Express

Thoughts? Isn't it awesome?

'LP hit 1 billion 2 years ago; when WBR & YT had disputes, YT erased WBR views, including hundreds of millions of @linkinpark views."

I'm surprised not as many people remember this as I do. All Lp videos except like reanimation ones and Given Up had 40+ million views. If they never got deleted they would all be around New Divide view count success right now. It was like 2008 that they were all this high, and got deleted like early 2009. One day I went on youtube and all LP's videos were deleted. They eventually got reuplaoded but as you know, they don't have nearly as many views as they used to. LP could easily be at 3/4 of the way or more to 2 Billion right now if that never happened.

Edited by Bliss

'LP hit 1 billion 2 years ago; when WBR & YT had disputes, YT erased WBR views, including hundreds of millions of @linkinpark views."

I'm surprised not as many people remember this as I do. All Lp videos except like reanimation ones and Given Up had 40+ million views. If they never got deleted they would all be around New Divide view count success right now. It was like 2008 that they were all this high, and got deleted like early 2009. One day I went on youtube and all LP's videos were deleted. They eventually got reuplaoded but as you know, they don't have nearly as many views as they used to. LP could easily be at 3/4 of the way or more to 2 Billion right now if that never happened.

Although to be fair, all artists under Warner Brothers Records had their videos deleted. This includes the runner up bands Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day. But since Linkin Park were much bigger back in 2007-2009 than they are now, it's quite amazing how they've still managed to be ahead of the other bands in video views. Globally, they are probably the biggest band.

The thing that still strikes me odd is their twitter. They weren't really late in joining and have 1.2 million followers, but they fall way behind Green Day, Paramore, and especially Coldplay. But this could just be a sign that most of those facebook likes and youtube views are fans of their older music and don't want to follow the current Linkin Park via twitter.