The One Thing LP Needs to Be a Great Live Act Again

ChuckCheese

It's been said a million times before, and please feel free to argue, but: Crowd interaction.

I want to see LP make their shows fun again. They're on the right track now with wanting to make the sets more high energy, but just standing there and playing song after song without saying anything besides the generic "Thank you" and "How are you guys?" doesn't exactly keep the energy up. I've been to a decent amount of shows, and I've seen a lot of bands that sound great (I think LP sounds fantastic live, even on Chester's off days), but don't say a word to the crowd, and, surprisingly, it gets boring. I'm not asking for the guys to start monologuing or anything like that. Go listen to a 2007 or early 2008 DSP. That is enough crowd interaction to keep the show pumped and interesting. Tell the crowd when to jump, when to put their hands in the air, when to clap, have them make some noise at certain points, anything. Just listening to them play song after song does get boring; it becomes less of a show. They just need to get the crowd involved in the songs again.

exactly, that's the only thing LP needs to be the greatest band ever;

they've used to have but lost it in the ATS-era;

it's now like "watching a DVD under the sky", lol! :P

Edited by stich

I do agree with you guys 100%.

But between venue time restrictions in accordance with the muncipality's noise codes and other regulations. It is probably hard for LP to BS with the fans and have longer sets.

I'm not asking for them to BS or anything, just keep the people interested. You can say plenty of things that can get the crowds going during the intro to a song or mid-song.

If you listen to the recent shows you'll notice that every damn time they try to talk the song starts. That's so annoying.

it's true, but who start the song?

most of the time is Joe with the samples;

so Joe must wait and give the opportunity to Mike and Chester to talk, like they did it on 2007-2008 era (listen to some DSPs to believe)

But between venue time restrictions in accordance with the muncipality's noise codes and other regulations. It is probably hard for LP to BS with the fans and have longer sets.

There are bands out there playing 2 1/2 hours. It shouldn't be a problem at all to add 2-3 songs to the setlist and talk a bit more.

it's true, but who start the song?

most of the time is Joe with the samples;

so Joe must wait and give the opportunity to Mike and Chester to talk, like they did it on 2007-2008 era (listen to some DSPs to believe)

Nope, that's Dylan backstage who starts the backing track on a computer.

Nope, that's Dylan backstage who starts the backing track on a computer.

thanks;

didn't know that

Also in 2007-2008, they talked A LOT. Again, they don't have to do that, but keep in mind that in those shows, they did, and still played over 20 songs.

exactly; those are their best recent shows regarding crowd interaction Edited by stich