Sean Dowdell and His Friends

lpxerotheoryfan

The only same members were Chester and Sean, SDaHF split up, which then later created Grey Daze. I was just pointing out that I thought Chester had an amazing voice for being so young. And also, I don't think that song I provided was on any Grey Daze album either.

Hm. I always considered them to be the same.

And yeah, Chester's voice has always been really good. He sung a lot better in Grey Daze compared to LP's early years.

And yeah, Chester's voice has always been really good. He sung a lot better in Grey Daze compared to LP's early years.

may have been that GD's songs were his own input, early LP was stuff he was sort of comissioned to sing

FYI, when SDAHF split up, it was actually Sean that started Grey Daze afterwards. Chester wasn't in the picture initially, Sean put an ad out for a band looking for a singer, and Chester showed up for the audition and got the job. It was a total coincidence that he and Sean were in both bands.

FYI, when SDAHF split up, it was actually Sean that started Grey Daze afterwards. Chester wasn't in the picture initially, Sean put an ad out for a band looking for a singer, and Chester showed up for the audition and got the job. It was a total coincidence that he and Sean were in both bands.

I tend to believe it, but still where did you get this info?

By early LP I mean Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

I think my point still stands, I've always felt that MTM was Chester getting to do more of what he wanted to do...

I think there's a reason DBS sounds like MTM+electro, whilst Fort Minor is (very reductively speaking) an amplification of the Rap/Hip-Hop angle of LP

Really? Shit, I need to brush up on my knowledge of pre-LP history before I talk out of my ass again.

Which happens a lot.

Can't say I was super crazy about SDaHF/GD though. Just not my type of music, I guess.

Hm. I always considered them to be the same.

You have to look at the fact that Chester sang way differently between those two bands. The style is very different. Grey Daze style was more straight up rock, grungy and less perfected. Linkin Park's early vocal styles were very much part of that nu-metal style back in the day, also with screaming, which Chester did not do in Grey Daze, the only time he somewhat did was in She Shines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...