List of Songs in Favorite Order For Studio Albums

zuben7o7

If you had to list all the songs off of Linkin Park's studio albums, from first to last, what would they look like? Here's mine....

Hybrid Theory

1) Points of Authority - While the studio version of this song is not my favorite, I love this song live and in all of its forms. The riff may be simple, but it's one of my favorites and the outro never gets old.

2) Papercut - Same thing as PoA.... not my necessarily my favorite song studio-wise (seems to happen a lot for me in HT), but it kicks it live... especially Live in Texas and with the extended intro.

3) One Step Closer - The track speaks for itself but the studio version is way too short... the song is best live, especially in 2004. Still, the riff is one of Brad's and the band's signatures.

4) In The End - OK, this is where things get tough. I look at this list and I'm like "No way, ITE can't be that far down" but thats what you get when you list your favorite band's songs. This is actually one song that the studio version owns every single live version... may not be my favorite song, but it's probably LP's overall best work.

5) A Place For My Head - This is where it all gets even trickier. It's pretty hard deciding which song you like better but I'm basing most of this off of how much I enjoy listening to a song and all that jazz. I love this song in every way, shape, or form but its not one of those songs I listen to everyday.

6) Forgotten - This song always tends to be, well, forgotten, but the intro is one of the best moments of a LP song. You can feel the camerderie in a song with Mike and Chester flipping back the lines. I don't care for the Chester-only chorus or the bridge but the guitar riff is fun.

7) Crawling - This song is always a stickler for me. When I listen to it for a few days (I don't listen to HT that much anymore) I start to enjoy it again but it's never been one of my overall favorite songs. Definitely some of their best work and even though I don't really like to listen to this song on the DSP, in concert it's one of their best songs and definitely a set staple.

8) With You - Love, love this song but the verses are way to quiet for my liking. The riff is unique but it's a bit of more of the same during the chorus. The Hahn solo is nice but its a bit out of place and way too short (Don't Stay's intro solo is much better) and I never cared for this song as an opener.

9) By Myself - It's like the beginning version of Figure.09. Almost same spot on album and same exact design. However, it's unique. The guitar isn't very special, but I do like it and Chester sounds very good on the chorus. Even though its a cliche, almost-filler like song, the bridge is always a riot.

10) Pushing Me Away - This song is definitely not 10th spot material but when you are listing songs, songs like this tend to get knocked down. This song is great, and if more of the MTM songs were paced like this one, they would have been better. This is one of the softer HT tracks but it's still faster and more up-tempo than most of MTM. The Reanimation version is awesome as well.

11) Runaway - Finally, a song that I really don't care for. Probably my least favorite LP song. Never have gotten into it, I don't like the riff and I don't like the choruses. I'm sure I would like it live and it's not bad when I'm listening to LIT but I just never got into this song like most other LP songs.

12) Cure For The Itch - Song is nice live, and once it gets going, its a real nice piece by Joe but the intro of the song by "Remy" makes it feel totally out of place on a studio record. The piano and scratching are very nice and it was highlight to see Joe play the shortened version of this song on PR 08.

Meteora

1) Lying From You - The song that got me into LP and my favorite song. From the minute I heard the power and intensity of this song from all levels, I knew I would have to check out LP. Everything about this song is fantastic and while similar to Faint in design, one of their more complete sampled-based songs. The intensity of Chester in the chorus is unmatched in any other LP song and Mike's verses are spot-on. Lot's of Joe included, and my favorite guitar riff from any song.

2) Faint - My favorite live song, after hearing the DSP's and extended outro of this song, I prefer this song live than the studio version but either way, the song is just plain kick-ass. Absolutely love the riff (and Rob even came up with a nice anti-drum loop track) and the sample is one of the best things the band has come up with, how many other bands, sports teams, etc have used that sample for pieces... the band has a ton of energy on this song and while it is short, it packs the punch.

3) Don't Stay - This is a way to start out a record right here. This song may not lyrically be their best song, but it's intense, it's fast, and it's heavy. The Joe intro/outro solo is some of his best work on a track, and Chester is insane on this. I do enjoy Rob on this track as well. Only thing I don't like is the absence of Mike on tihs track, I believe every single member should have a significant role in each song and he doesn't on this track.

4) Breaking The Habit - Easily, the "best" song of Meteora. They went out of their box with this one and it shows how versatile the band is. Lyrics are outstanding, the passion from Chester and the strings make this a very up-tempo but piano-based song. The whole band gets into this song and you can tell they are still proud of this piece. I wish MTM sounded more like this.... if they wanted to go outside the box a bit.

5) Figure.09 - Like By Myself, seems like one of those filler songs the band doesn't seem to thrilled about making these days but its still a hell of a song. This thing seems like a fucking riot live, and the bridge is just nasty. The drums are kinda "same ole, same ole" and the riff is a lot like Don't Stay's (sound-wise) but still can't deny this is a fun song.

6) Numb - When I first heard this song live, I hated it and I didn't really start to like it until a few years ago. The bridge is powerful and Chester always nails it live. I just am a bit discouraged on the tracks where Brad's riff along with Phoenix are just simple strums.... just sounds like distortion and no complexity to it. Same design as ITE, but its certainly more aimed toward the Top 40 crowd than people on here.

7) Somewhere I Belong - I didn't like this song for awhile either but it grew on me when I started listening to it with the extended intro, one of their best live intros they have done. This song is unique in a few ways because its one of their few songs lyrically that talks about something postitive instead of negativity or lies and that's a nice change (although most people here don't particuarly like the lyrics, I do). The verses are a bit weak and I've never been the biggest fan of the backwards guitar sample, but its a heavy song with a good riff and one of Rob's more unique tracks on the record. The bridge and outro are excellent and it's one of LP's more complex songs.

8) From The Inside - Heavy-quiet-heavy song. I don't particuarly like the verses, again way to quiet for my liking, but the choruses and bridge are good. The bridge, though, is way to rhetorical. How many "You's" can you have on an album? The intro sample, especially when extended, makes the song 10x better though. Rob doesn't impress much on this track though.

9) Hit The Floor - I know a lot of people hate this track but I like it. It's nowhere near some of their best work but the riff, while simple, is fun and I enjoy the sample. It's an odd song though, and there isn't much Chester. Really, really short too. Seems like a filler song since the band seemingly despises it.

10) Nobody's Listening - Seems more like an LPU track than something that would find its way onto a studio record, but I enjoy LP's creativness on the track. Pure hip-hop track with some of Mike's best verses. The chrous is pretty signature as well and the drums are unique-sounding compared to the rest of the record. Shows a lot of Brad to really minimize his role of guitar on the track, but it just doesn't have much of a climax to really get into a whole lot.

11) Easier To Run - I really like this song but its always one I skip when listening to Meteora. It's a power ballad and I really like the lyrics, especially Mike's, but overall, the song has never done much for me. Still, like I have said, better than most of the stuff on MTM. I also never liked how they start the Faint intro at the end of this song.

12) Session - A quality instrumental piece but I don't like studio tracks to be primarily done by one person and that be Mike.... this space could be used for another quality track done by the band but this is nothing more than an interlude. I do not like the outro and the way it flows into Numb, but I don't really consider this a song.

*I don't consider Foreward a song so it's not listed :)

Minutes To Midnight

1) Given Up - Not my favorite song live but I do love this song on the record. The scream is what makes it for me, I love the band breakdown. However, the chorus riff isn't special but it's fast and heavy and Chester loves to sing it, so I really enjoy the song. A little bit of Joe would have added a lot to this song though.

2) No More Sorrow - Their heaviest song to date. The intro is killer and I love the eBow use. However, I have never been the biggest fan of Chester on this song and I never have really enjoyed the bridge. Still, I love the lyrics to the song and the drumming is some of Rob's best. This song live, with the super intro, is one of their best live songs even though the intro guitar doesn't have the same pick up as the studio version does.

3) What I've Done - Wouldn't be this high if it were on the other records but still a great song. Piano riff is Mike's best yet and Chester sounds great on this track. One of the few songs that use Joe and the guitar/rhytym guitar have pretty separate pieces that is good to hear. The ambient intro adds a lot to the song live.

4) Bleed It Out - I have never been the biggest fan of this song in any of its forms. I really don't care for the song on the record, too short and I prefer the way the riff sounds live compared to the studio version. Mike's verses are sweet and even though its pretty simple, I like Chester's parts. I do like the live extended hooplas they do, but I don't like it closing a show... think its a good song to close the regular set with though. I don't think this song will ever be the epic, party song the band ever wanted it to be (never charted that well) but it's a good start.

5) The Little Things Give You Away - I had the opportunity to hear the best version ever done and probably done ever in Atlanta 07. This song is so much un-LP, its shocking to know its from LP but the fact that is so different for the band makes it seem far away. Point is, hard to listen to Faint then listen to this song. The solo is awesome along with Rob's drumming. The song, as a whole, is great work but its definitely not a song I can listen to everyday.

6) In Pieces - I loved this song when I first played it when the record came out but it has since dipped low. I don't enjoy this song live at all and while the guitar solo is nice and fairly complex for Brad, it gets old fast. The piano part is another simple Mike tone that is just a simple background noise. Chester has a lot of passion on this song and thats what make's it go.

7) Wake - Interesting little piece, really builds into a nice intro for the album and even as a show opener. Enjoy Brad's guitar piece a lot and Rob's drumming gets the piece flowing well into Given Up.

8) Hands Held High - Not a "everyday song" but gotta applaud Mike on the verses, some of his best work as a rapper. But everything else about this song is pretty disappointing and I have never understood the "Amens."

9) Leave Out All The Rest - Chester is quality on this song but there is so much about this song I don't like. No bass guitar, same notes from Brad on each chorus (how can he get away with this?), Mike's keyboard is again nothing but background noise and the drums are pretty standard. Doesn't seem to be doing well as a single like they thought and the video makes me want to barf.

10) Shadow of the Day - Never gotten into this song. Hate the lyrics, hate the guitar, hate the keyboard. The drums are dominant, but standard, and the strings are nice (especially live) but thats it. I had the interlude after the song on the record, such a waste of space. Just plainly do not like the song.

11) Valentine's Day - Weird song. Weird design. Can't believe the band would actually sing a song called Valentine's Day. I hate Chester's scratchy voice at the end and while the ending is fairly uptempo, it's just... kinda... weird. The drums are, however, very very unique for Rob and I do enjoy that. However, the whole song is just... weird.

12) In Between - Cannot believe this was one of the first songs approved for the record. So monotone, and if Mike wanted to sing, why in the world didn't they pick No Roads Left, a far, far superior track instrumentally and lyrically. The lack of other band member involvement is another thing that gets me, and it just sounds like Mike is trying to hard to impress on this track. One of their worst tracks.... just no buildup, no climax, or anything.

Edited by Preston

HTEP:

-Step Up - Mike's verses absolutely destroy

-And One - Chester is giving off pure raw energy...Mike's end rap owns, the bridge is sick, great first song for when Chaz joined up w/the rest of them

-Part Of Me - Totally sick, they need to play it live. The demo is better but it's still very nice.

-Carousel - Love the song but I think the demo is a bit better. Very interesting lyrics.

-High Voltage - Great rapping but the remix owns it

-Technique - Doesn't do much for me of course since it's so short. Still decent.

HT:

-Papercut - My favorite all time LP song. They start HT off perfectly, the entire song is just fucking great. One of my favorite songs ever.

-A Place For My Head - I like this almost as much as Papercut. Very very very good song, the bridge and ending are totally energetic.

-In The End - Got me addicted to LP, what can I say, this song is excellent.

-With You - I love the Joe part in the song, Mike's verses are good, the instrumental is A+

-Runaway - I like the bridge in this song. Intro is pretty cool.

-Pushing Me Away - I like the whole 'Chester sings and Mike says a few words here and there' thing in the verses, haha. It's like From The Inside. The song is really nice.

-Points Of Authority - Average song, pretty cool but live it is really sweet.

-Crawling - Hated this until 2004, when I took an obsession with it.

-One Step Closer - I never really liked this much when it came out, it was a little raw but I grew into it and liked it a lot.

-By Myself - It's good but I haven't found anything that special about it. I like the 03 intro to it, but otherwise it's just pretty basic.

-Cure For The Itch - Joe does great on his first big instrumental song debut.

-Forgotten - Never did much for me, I don't like the beginning. The bridge is good but the Xero demo for it called Rhinestone has the acoustic guitar at the end which is interesting.

More later.

Hybrid Theory

Points of Authority- I Just Find this songs riff so kick ass the Play and to listen to. I also find the mike and chester little "ah ah" vocal things in the song. It suits well with the Sample. Plus the reason why this tops my List is i Love the Rap intro (disappointed how it seem to always be the same songs) and Also the kick ass Outro (loved both the riffs but leaning toward the first one they did with Phoenix starting it)

One Step Closer- well what can i say. This song basically made LP who the are. I love everything from this song. The Scratching, The Guitar, The Drum lines, The Kick ass bridge i just love it. I love the 2 Intros they had on this song and Also like the Outro. I Miss the Reanimation Bridge to this song too. Basically Anything LP will do to this song 9/10 i would like it.

A Place For My Head- I never really use to like this song until i watched it Live. (Live in Texas especially) I love how They Leave that Break between the Clean riff and Distorted riff live. This basically makes the song for me. I seem to get more energy from the song live then off the Album. The Long ass bridge on LIT also helps makes this a top song for me. And Brad Smashing the guitar at the end (which he did it more often even tho i cost a arm and a leg for a PRS) is just epic.

In The End- Well basically this is the song that got me into LP. I remember Watching this song Numerous times on Video Hits on a Saturday morning. I love how the song starts out small and Builds up and then finishes with feedback and the piano. This song would of been top of the list if it was a killer live. As much as i love hearing it live i just think it lacks compaired to the album version.

Crawling- I love how this song is full of the samples. The Heavy guitars also make the song for me. I like it how its basicly just Drums and Bass in the verse. I just seem the song lacks in heavy-ness live. I do like the Reanimation intro.

Papercut- Well i do like this song both live and studio i just don't like it as much as above. I love how this song is performed live and the whole "Down since day one/this ones for you" speech at the start. I just hate it when people who only started listening from Meteora or MTM start going "yeah thats me" but yeah, thats life. I love the bridge but as well . I remember watching a video of them singing that part "the sun goes down" and it was a shot from the back. of Chester and Mike looking out at the crowd. Believe it or not that shot really made the song for me

Pushing me Away-Theres only a few things i like about this song. The Live acoustic version. The Singing here And a little bit of rap there. Also i love playing and hearing the harmonic bit during the verse. I love the harmonics getting thrown in on ITE as well.

With YouThis song pretty much kicks ass. I love the 7 string feel to it as well at the Verse clean parts. The reanimation scream on the live version kicks ass too.

Runaway- I don't listen to this song as much as i use to. I havent heard it for a while either. I just found the riff in this song awesome.

By Myself- This is my mates (whos a full Lil John, Ice cube rap listener) fav LP song which i found quite weird. I do like this song but hardly listen to it anymore. I love the little clean riff LP used for it on LIT.

Forgotten-I don't like how this song goes straight into the heavy bit. That basicly made me stop listening to the song.

Cure For The Itch- Never really a fan of the whole Instrumental scratch tracks.

Meteora

Faint- I find this song as one of LP best songs. I love the rapping verse with the Singing Chorus. Plus i love the samples and the Guitar Tracks. I live there der der by the guitars in the Verse. Also the Extended outro for this song is a my fav out of all the outros etc. I love playing to this song.

Foreward + Dont Stay- I added these as one cos thats like the only way i play them. Dont Stay is just a stand out track for me. I loved seeing it live in Sydney (20/10/07) The guitar is a just a killer riff yet so simple. I find the Chorus quite enjoyable too.

Numb-Well the samples of this song really make the song for me. I love the piano and Guitar tracks with this too. Well i love everything about this song. Sure Favourite.

Lying from you- One of the heavy rap tracks that i love. I love the way they play this live. The Guitar tracks are pretty epic too.

Breaking the Habit-I dont know why but i love this song instrumentally. If it wasn't for my guitarist in my band i wouldn't of liked it that much. This track is more about samples and the strings with the loop. The guitar might be small but plays a big roll for me.

Somewhere I Belong-To me this has the same kinda of setup like faint (the whole Rap sing a word rap sing a word thing) I just love ongs like this. I love the intro the use to use on the live version (with the rob drum thing) but otherwise i felt the song lacked.

From The Inside- Well this songs guitar is so simple. Like above its got that rap sung feel. The lyrics are pretty bad ass.

Figure.09- I love the tapping on the guitar track. I just love playing it. This song would of been top of the list before MTM came out but has slowly died out.

Nobody's Listening- Back in the days when i was listening to Xzibit and i saw that he done a feature on this song during PR this song became a hit for me. But like others it slowly died away.

Easier to Run-This song never really hit off with me. I do like the guitar in the verses tho.

Hit the Floor-This song like NI was big for me about 2 years ago. I just love the riff. The rap is pretty epic but i found the chorus a let down.

Session- Like CFTI i never really liked these instrumentals. This would be my least fav LP track every.

Minutes To Midnight

The Little Things Give You Away- Well i don't know why i like this song so much but its my Favorite LP song ever...well until the new album. I love everything possible. But Mainly what makes the song for me is from the breakdown. The keyboard into the best solo Brad has every done (in my opinion) and the ohhhhs but Chester with the vocals just makes the song for me. This song inspires me so much unlike any other song. I loved it live at the Sydney gig cos Mike and Chester came out followed by Phoenix and Brad then Rob it just had a good feeling.

Bleed it out- If i hear this song i couldn't help but to nood my head with the beat or Tap my feet or sign air guitar whatever possible. I just love the party feel from this song. And This has to be some of the best lyrics mike has ever done. From Brads Guitar to the Robs Kick and snare i just love it. And don't get me started about it live. I didn't like the Drum solo at the start of the song but The drum solo after the bridge is just awesome (atm the one on RTR stands out for me) Then you would have the full say ohh sing along. I just find it awesome.

No More Sorrow- The Riff for this song i love so much. My band has jammed this song so many times. We would play it live but No-one can sing it. The Guitar on the track just soo raw and Thrilling. It gives me goose bumps. and with the big extended intro with Mike Playing octives just makes the song so much better for me.

Wake + Given up- I put these too together because i dont like Listening to wake without Given up after it. The 3 simple chords in Wake are just so awesome. I love how the bass does the little solo bit and the drums are off beat. I love how it its starts small and just builds to fade out with feedback. Given up to me is a really Punkish song. The Guitar tracks one again make it for me. The Rhythm is what i like best, Note mute mute etc. Also the lyrics are very hard hitting. I dont know why but i relate to them. Also the break down palm muted bridge and then the Pinched Harmonic also makes the song stand out. I couldnt help but to Nood my head like i was in a pit when that happens. Also the Extended outro is pretty good.

Shadow of the Day- When this song became a single it got a fair bit of radio play as well as video play ON channel V and Video hits etc. I remember this song getting sung by random people quite a bit at school. Even the Lebos (who mainly like Tupac and other rap) When I realized this i said to my band look we have to perform this. We Performed this Once at a little thing in front of years 9 and 10 but got a really good reaction. We were asked to perform for Japanese Students who will be coming from Japan for a special meet Australian students at a Australian School day. We just though we had to pick this song cos we will get alot of feedback from it. Once we did i have never been told well done and you are so good etc so much in my life. So being able to perform that in front of like 500 Japanese students as well as my whole school it felt special thats why this song is so special too. As for the song The Samples beat and And Keyboard Loop is what makes the song. And The Lyrics i can so relate to. Then it slowly builds up into bass and PM guitar with drums Then the solo and The 2nd solo with the guitar. This song just stands out so much for me.

Hands Held High- Well what can i say about this. The Lyrics are so Touching. Mikes Best lyrics ever. The whole Marching snare and Keyboard makes the song what it is. If this song had the Distorted Guitar chorus with a normal drum beat it wouldn't be the same. LP have done a wonderful job on this song. I was surprised it wasn't a single. And the Amen are just beautiful. Beautiful song all round.

What Ive Done- When i first heard this song I said to myself "wow lp have changed....AND I LOVE IT" This made me want the album so bad. I just enjoy the Piano part with the guitars and a really nice Drum beat. Also the Na Na Nas but mike at the end also make the song really good. I also love the break down where its only mikes guitar and Chester vocal. All round good song

Leave out all the rest- This song is not about the guitars or bass. Its a really touching song about someones past. Its more about Lyrics and the strings then anything else. I dont know how to explain how i like it tho i just do.

Valentines Day- The Guitar riff stands out for me with this one. I love how its different to the other songs. Its a Guitar song instead of a song relying on samples. Also the Piano breakdown in the Bridge is my favorite bit about the song. This song Lacks Live tho.

In Pieces- Well How to explain this track. I really like it tho its sounds really bad live. The Solo is too hard for Brad to do 100%. Plus the guitar live doesn't sound like it good compared to the album. Although i love the song and the off beat guitar.

In Between- According to my Itunes this is my least listen to MTM and but its still listened to more then my other LP stuff believe it or not i do really like this song. Its just i find that i listen to the other stuff more then this. I have to disagree with all this NRL people who wanted NRL instead of this. I found the NRL died out faster then this did. BTW Mikes Vocals are awesome

Well yeah thats My Albums reviews and rankings and all. Took me all day but gave me something to do :)

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

What I've Done: I love this song. I love the guitar, the piano, the drums, the vocals all equally. I just really like the melody and I like how it sounds a little bit more like the old LP but new at the same time.

Wake/Given Up: I'd always loved the pure energy of the song. The 18 second scream? Awesome. I love clapping at the intro live too.

Bleed It Out: Awesome, fun song. I love Mike's verses. It really gets everyone going live though, which is why I chose it as number 3.

In Pieces: I always thought this was probably the best song musically on the album. I love the guitar solo and how the solo builds it's way out throughout the whole song. I think Chester is kick ass in this song too vocally. Live however, it sucks really badly.

No More Sorrow: This song always gets me pumped. It's also a really heavy LP song and I like that about it. The lyrics are nice, and it's good live too.

Leave Out All The Rest: I used to listen to this song a lot when the album first came out. I love the melody and the meaning behind the song. It's not my favorite live though.

Hands Held High: It's a really powerful song, and I agree with everything the song stands for.

Valentine's Day: I love the melody of the guitar. Like In Pieces, I like how it builds it's way up throughout the song. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it ends so abruptly.

The Little Things Give You Away: It's a great song, don't get me wrong. I love the acoustic guitar to death. I just don't listen to it all that much, and the mood of the song was murdered for me having to watch the song 5 of the 8 times I saw LP live. It kills the energy live, but studio it's good.

Shadow Of The Day: I like this song like all the others, it just gets boring after a while. I listen to it on occasion, sometimes I relate to it a lot.

In Between: I like this song actually, it's just boring as all hell. It's good to listen to when you're alone in dead quiet, like at 2 in the morning for some reason. It has a weird vibe to it.

HYBRID THEORY EP

Part Of Me: Where to start...it's just a sick song. I love the lyrics, the rapping and Chester's vocals are just pure crazy in this song. Chester sounds really raw and I totally love that aspect.

Carousel: Again, I love the lyrics and Mike sounds really great in this song. Chester does as well, but I think Mike steals it away from him in this song for some reason. I'd love to hear it played live.

Step Up: Mike basically demonstrates how fucking talented he is. Not much more to say LOL but the rhyming is awesome.

And One: I don't like how the song just starts abruptly, and the lyrics aren't really that great. Chester sings pretty well in it though, and I love the Mike rap breakdown at the end.

High Voltage: It's an awesome track, the remix just kicks the shit out of it.

Technique: It's good, just too short. I'd probably like it more if there was an extended version with different scratching and stuff.

METEORA

Faint: It's my favorite LP song. Of coarse it's going to get number one. AWESOME vocals, awesome guitar, awesome live, what more do you want?

Lying From You: The notes Chester hits in this song are crazy. Mike's flow is good as well, I like the guitar.

Breaking The Habit: I like the lyrics a lot, it helped me change as a person actually back in 2003/2004/2005. Also, the song is simple musically yet it sounds so awesome.

Figure.09: One word: Mike. He owns this song completely. The riff is fucking sick as well. I also love the way Chester sings in this song. It's such an angry song, that's why I love it.

Nobody's Listening: I love how they used a Japanese flute in this song, and it's really the only song from the Meteora era that is hip-hopish. The lyrics are bad though. The best line is ''I hate my rhymes, but hate everyone else's more.''

Foreword/Don't Stay: Pretty sick riffs, the lyrics are immature but awesome at the same time. I think it's a great way to open Meteora.

Hit The Floor: I like how they tried to make it more of a hip-hop feel with it being heavy at the same time. Once again, the lyrics are really immature, as is most of Meteora, but I can't say that I've never felt like this before.

From The Inside: I used to love it, it just wore off on me. The vocals are really good, and the video is amazing for this song.

Somewhere I Belong: It has wore off on me since it's the leading single of the album and it's played live at like every show, but I do like the chorus and the drums.

Easier To Run: I don't think it's that great of a song. It's very dark lyrically, that's the one thing I like about it. I just don't like the melody really.

Session: It sounds WAY too much like the instrumental at the end of Part Of Me for me to love it.

Numb: I pretty much hate Numb. I hate the vocals, I hate the lyrics, I HATE the music video, the guitar is really annoying, and I don't like how they play it at like every show.

HYBRID THEORY

Papercut: It's just a great song to play extremely loud. The lyrics are awesome, and the vocals are pretty sweet too.

Pushing Me Away: I love the melody and the chord progression.

One Step Closer: It's a great song to play when you're about to explode with anger.

Crawling: It relates to me on certain levels and the chorus is sick.

A Place For My Head: One of the songs that originally got me into the band. It's just pure awesome and full of energy.

Cure For The Itch: I really like this song, live too.

Runaway: Pretty good song, it just can get irritating after a while.

By Myself: I don't really like the lyrics or melody for that matter, but it's not too bad of a song. I think it's actually better live.

In The End: It's annoying that everyone in the world knows this song, but oh well. It has a cool intro.

With You: I used to love it, but it's really wore off on me. I don't know why, maybe since I used to listen to it a lot and it was like 9 years ago.

Forgotten: Eh. I think they should have scrapped this song for the final album and chose something like Carousel or the High Voltage remix.

Edited by Geki

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

What I've Done: I love this song. I love the guitar, the piano, the drums, the vocals all equally. I just really like the melody and I like how it sounds a little bit more like the old LP but new at the same time.

Wake/Given Up: I'd always loved the pure energy of the song. The 18 second scream? Awesome. I love clapping at the intro live too.

Bleed It Out: Awesome, fun song. I love Mike's verses. It really gets everyone going live though, which is why I chose it as number 3.

In Pieces: I always thought this was probably the best song musically on the album. I love the guitar solo and how the solo builds it's way out throughout the whole song. I think Chester is kick ass in this song too vocally. Live however, it sucks really badly.

No More Sorrow: This song always gets me pumped. It's also a really heavy LP song and I like that about it. The lyrics are nice, and it's good live too.

Leave Out All The Rest: I used to listen to this song a lot when the album first came out. I love the melody and the meaning behind the song. It's not my favorite live though.

Hands Held High: It's a really powerful song, and I agree with everything the song stands for.

Valentine's Day: I love the melody of the guitar. Like In Pieces, I like how it builds it's way up throughout the song. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it ends so abruptly.

The Little Things Give You Away: It's a great song, don't get me wrong. I love the acoustic guitar to death. I just don't listen to it all that much, and the mood of the song was murdered for me having to watch the song 5 of the 8 times I saw LP live. It kills the energy live, but studio it's good.

Shadow Of The Day: I like this song like all the others, it just gets boring after a while. I listen to it on occasion, sometimes I relate to it a lot.

In Between: I like this song actually, it's just boring as all hell. It's good to listen to when you're alone in dead quiet, like at 2 in the morning for some reason. It has a weird vibe to it.

HYBRID THEORY EP

Part Of Me: Where to start...it's just a sick song. I love the lyrics, the rapping and Chester's vocals are just pure crazy in this song. Chester sounds really raw and I totally love that aspect.

Carousel: Again, I love the lyrics and Mike sounds really great in this song. Chester does as well, but I think Mike steals it away from him in this song for some reason. I'd love to hear it played live.

Step Up: Mike basically demonstrates how fucking talented he is. Not much more to say LOL but the rhyming is awesome.

And One: I don't like how the song just starts abruptly, and the lyrics aren't really that great. Chester sings pretty well in it though, and I love the Mike rap breakdown at the end.

High Voltage: It's an awesome track, the remix just kicks the shit out of it.

Technique: It's good, just too short. I'd probably like it more if there was an extended version with different scratching and stuff.

METEORA

Faint: It's my favorite LP song. Of coarse it's going to get number one. AWESOME vocals, awesome guitar, awesome live, what more do you want?

Lying From You: The notes Chester hits in this song are crazy. Mike's flow is good as well, I like the guitar.

Breaking The Habit: I like the lyrics a lot, it helped me change as a person actually back in 2003/2004/2005. Also, the song is simple musically yet it sounds so awesome.

Figure.09: One word: Mike. He owns this song completely. The riff is fucking sick as well. I also love the way Chester sings in this song. It's such an angry song, that's why I love it.

Nobody's Listening: I love how they used a Japanese flute in this song, and it's really the only song from the Meteora era that is hip-hopish. The lyrics are bad though. The best line is ''I hate my rhymes, but hate everyone else's more.''

Foreword/Don't Stay: Pretty sick riffs, the lyrics are immature but awesome at the same time. I think it's a great way to open Meteora.

Hit The Floor: I like how they tried to make it more of a hip-hop feel with it being heavy at the same time. Once again, the lyrics are really immature, as is most of Meteora, but I can't say that I've never felt like this before.

From The Inside: I used to love it, it just wore off on me. The vocals are really good, and the video is amazing for this song.

Somewhere I Belong: It has wore off on me since it's the leading single of the album and it's played live at like every show, but I do like the chorus and the drums.

Easier To Run: I don't think it's that great of a song. It's very dark lyrically, that's the one thing I like about it. I just don't like the melody really.

Session: It sounds WAY too much like the instrumental at the end of Part Of Me for me to love it.

Numb: I pretty much hate Numb. I hate the vocals, I hate the lyrics, I HATE the music video, the guitar is really annoying, and I don't like how they play it at like every show.

HYBRID THEORY

Papercut: It's just a great song to play extremely loud. The lyrics are awesome, and the vocals are pretty sweet too.

Pushing Me Away: I love the melody and the chord progression.

One Step Closer: It's a great song to play when you're about to explode with anger.

Crawling: It relates to me on certain levels and the chorus is sick.

A Place For My Head: One of the songs that originally got me into the band. It's just pure awesome and full of energy.

Cure For The Itch: I really like this song, live too.

Runaway: Pretty good song, it just can get irritating after a while.

By Myself: I don't really like the lyrics or melody for that matter, but it's not too bad of a song. I think it's actually better live.

In The End: It's annoying that everyone in the world knows this song, but oh well. It has a cool intro.

With You: I used to love it, but it's really wore off on me. I don't know why, maybe since I used to listen to it a lot and it was like 9 years ago.

Forgotten: Eh. I think they should have scrapped this song for the final album and chose something like Carousel or the High Voltage remix.

Wheres Points of Authority?

Wheres Points of Authority?

Ha. I forgot that song. I guess I would rank it after A Place For My Head.

Points Of Authority: Great energy live, I love how Mike raps over the intro now. The album version is pretty dope, I think the demo with ''Forfeit the game, stop the talk show, ...) was much better though.

Hybrid Theory

Forgotten

Pushing Me Away

A Place For My Head

With You

Papercut

In The End

One Step Closer

By Myself

Cure For The Itch

Runaway

Crawling

Points of Authority

Meteora

Faint

Nobody's Listening

Hit The Floor

From The Inside

Session

Lying Fro You

Easier To Run

Numb

Hit The Floor

Breaking The Habit

Figure.09

Somewhere I Belong

Don't Stay

Minutes to Midnight

In Pieces

Shadow of the Day

The Little Things Give You Away

What I've Done

No More Sorrow

Given Up

Wake

Valentines Day

Hands Held High

Bleed It Out

Leave Out All The Rest

In Between

Hybrid Theory

1. One Step Closer - My favorite LP track live (and maybe favorite LP studio track). I really love this song... It's full of energy... And I love guitar on choruses ;D

2. Papercut - I really love this song to listen it loudly. There are LOTS OF energy, I really love songs with lots of energy.

3. A Place For My Head - Awesome song. I love everything in this song (especially choruses). I like Live In Texas live version (with Mike singing together with Chester).

4. With You - Very great song. I love song's live-version (how Joe working with on it) and also with great extended intro.

5. Pushing Me Away - How to explain... I just love this song... But, personally, I like only studio version. PMA live never sounded good IMO.

6. Crawling - It was my favorite song for long time. It's very great song, but, like PMA, sounds different live. I rather studio version of it anyway.

7. In The End - Good song, but it's bored for me. Still, every time sounds very good. But I rather studio version too, because better guitar sound.

8. By Myself - This is good song, but for some reasons I'm listening to it very rarely. Too much screams.

9. Points Of Authority - BOOOOOOOOOOORED one. I hate it live... Studio is good, but, like I said already - BORED.

10. Forgotten - Not interesting one. At some points it sounds good, but in other points it's too funny...

11. Cure For The Itch - Not very good instrumental (Session is much better). Live version of it it's much better IMO.

12. Runaway - One of the worst songs by LP. I would very happy to never see it live. Everything sucks in this song.

Meteora

1. Faint - My favorite LP track of Meteora (One of favorites of albums so far). One thing, which I don't like - Brad's guitar part, it totally sucks IMO, when it dominates Mike's part live.

2. Lying From You - Awesome song. I love summer 2008 version of it, especially early european, where some samples on second verse were dropped.

3. From The Inside - VERY good song. I think this is ONLY ONE LP song, which sounds perfect EVERY TIME live. Hope LP won't stop playing this.

4. Don't Stay - Lyrics aren't very good, but I love music. For me it sounds awesome (and full of energy), but live since 2007 it totally sucks.

5. Figure.09 - Another perfect song. Typical LP song, but sounds very good. Live too.

6. Session - Perfect instrumental. I really like it.

7. Easier To Run - This is a copy of Crawling, but I like it. Would be good rotation with Crawling live, which is bored a bit.

8. Somewhere I Belong - Good, but bored. TOTALLY. And it sounds very bad live.

9. Hit The Floor - I like that song studio. But LP wrote this track for studio only. It's impossible to make it sound good live.

10. Numb - Good one. Bored too (It's the reasong why it's 9th).

11. Breaking The Habit - Quite unique song, but bored again.

12. Nobody's Listening - Worst song of Meteora, I think. It sounded good only when it was on 2004 hip hop medley

Minutes To Midnight

1. No More Sorrow - The best song of Minutes To Midnight. I like studio version more, because it has all ebows (Live version never performed with all ebows, excluding Third Encore).

2. Given Up - The song of the energy. I like it. Live too (without Wake better).

3. Bleed It Out - I LOVE live version. Studio is quite boring, but live is perfect.

4. What I've Done - Good one.

5. Little Things - Solo is great and I like acoustic guitar at the start. But ending of the song is awful IMO.

6. In Pieces - Too short guitar solo, but song is not bad.

7. Shadow Of The Day - First part of the song is awful, but the second is awesome.

8. Leave Out All The Rest - Very boring song live. I don't like studio too.

9. Wake - Not very good and bored.

10. In Between - I don't like it. It's interesting a bit only because Mike sings it.

11. Hands Held High - For some reasons I don't like it. Live is AWFUL.

12. Valentine's Day - I have no comments... I hate that song.