All CAPS???

Geki

Ok, I've been guilty of doing this, but can someone please explain to me WHY the song titles for Living Things are all in caps? And the album is in caps? Mike and Adam and other people have referred to ''allcapseverything'' a few times and the whole LP fanbase is doing it. There must be a reason why or what it means. It's annoying! I don't know why anyone would want to have the songs in all caps...

I think people see it as being typeset like that on most websties and assume that that's the actual way to write the track, like the MCR songs "SING" and "D/E/S/T/R//O/Y/A"

i don't mind when it's clear that that's how it's meant to be type-set, but in terms of LP, i think it's just a design...

it irritates me too -_-

where did this come from?

There is no difference to any other album. the songs on the back of every LP album are caps...same on lp.com

It comes from how the songs have been typeset in literally every instance. Of course they're in all caps on the back cover of the album, tons of bands do that.

No, they're in all caps on the iTunes page, in the downloads of each song, every single official source listing a song from LT uses all caps. This wasn't done for any other album, hence the confusion.

It comes from how the songs have been typeset in literally every instance. Of course they're in all caps on the back cover of the album, tons of bands do that.

No, they're in all caps on the iTunes page, in the downloads of each song, every single official source listing a song from LT uses all caps. This wasn't done for any other album, hence the confusion.

not amazon ;)

I think that it is random...no reason.

The songs are "officially" in all caps, as is the album title. That's just part of the way the band chose to promote this album, for whatever reason. So TECHNICALLY speaking, if you want to refer to the songs the way the band and their management do, they should all be in caps...

...but I don't think that makes it any less stupid. At least with Reanimation, it made sense to do them in all caps because of all the different characters, it just made things look more uniform - "P5HNG ME A*WY" vs. "P5hng Me A*wy" for instance. With this album, they're just...regular song titles. In all caps. I don't get it. :lol:

At least with Reanimation, it made sense to do them in all caps because of all the different characters, it just made things look more uniform - "P5HNG ME A*WY" vs. "P5hng Me A*wy" for instance,

I actually like "P5hng Me A*wy" better.

On topic, this whole capital-letter thing is stupid..