MTM+ATS+LT = Trilogy?

I've been putting some thought to the last 3 LP records, and how they form a trilogy.

Think about it,

Minute to Midnight is taken from the Doomsday Clock, the closer the clock is to midnight, the closer the world is estimated to be to global disaster, such as a nuclear war.

A Thousand Suns is a reference from the Manhattan project dealing with nuclear warfare.

Living Things well we don't know much yet about the feel of the record, but the album art suggest Nuclear Winter, and the title may suggest the resurfacing of 'Living Things' after the Nuclear War is over.

It's far to say too that some of the songs and song titles touch on similar feelings an emotions

Bleed It Out/Burn It Down

When They Come For Me/I'll Be Gone

Wisdom Justice Love/Lies Greed Misery

Thoughts?

Except that Living Things is way more personal than MTM and ATS were (moreso ATS), and from what we've heard about the album it'd be more in line with HT and Meteora, though it's by no means a continuation of those two, either.

My thinking is that it starts another "reinvention" of sorts for the band, but this time the reinvention comes from combining the previous two eras into one.

My thinking is that it starts another "reinvention" of sorts for the band, but this time the reinvention comes from combining the previous two eras into one.

Isn't that what would happen after an all out nuclear war? New life and a reinvention of how it all comes together? Learning or using knowledge from the past but adapting and changing at the same time.

Guest Inky

I think MTM is actually really personal to the band members, ATS obviously wasn't. LT is also very personal to the band. I'm not sure if I buy the whole trilogy thing, because MTM's title was based off the Doomsday Clock, but none of the songs on the album really have an apocolyptic feel to them, unless you want to interpret them that way. ATS definitely had a really dark, apocolyptic feel to the album, and LT we will see in due time.

I'm not sure if I buy the whole trilogy thing, because MTM's title was based off the Doomsday Clock, but none of the songs on the album really have an apocolyptic feel to them, unless you want to interpret them that way. ATS definitely had a really dark, apocolyptic feel to the album, and LT we will see in due time.

well MTM feels like it builds to destruction - which is what we eventually get in ATS.

WID, Given Up, NMS, HHH all feel like they build to something that's about to happen

granted there's a lot of songs that don't though - In Pieces, In Between, TLTGYA... etc

While I don't think it's 100% intentional, the fact that the ideas behind each album directly follow the theme of a trilogy sounds almost too coincidental. I guess we'll find out if this theory is true come 6/26.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres what I think, LP has always pushed the boundaries of the rock and electro fusion genre right? Well, I think M2M was created to establish the rock side of the band, while ATS focused on them shining in the world of electronica. At the same time they were trying to prove they weren't nu-metal exclusive. So basically each album was the genres of HT/Meteora split in two, if that makes sense. Now that the band has shown everyone that Hybrid Theory wasnt mean't to be nu-metal exclusive, they feel comfortable in recapturing the essence of the fusion of genres in Living Things. So in conclusion, it can be regarded as a trilogy of sorts, but it is a purely coincidental trilogy.