This is why NIN f*cking owns!

Kay

Mark edit: I had to post this up here. Trent Reznor continues to impress me day in and day out, and this is just legendary. Nine Inch Nails filmed 3 shows to mix a live DVD from for their latest US tour, but negotiations with a label to release it fell through.

Trent responds by releasing this:

The internet is full of surprises these days.

I was contacted by a mysterious, shadowy group of subversives who SOMEHOW managed to film a substantial amount (over 400 GB!) of raw, unedited HD footage from three separate complete shows of our Lights in the Sky tour. Security must have been lacking at these shows because the quality of the footage is excellent.

If any of you could find a LINK to that footage I'll bet some enterprising fans could assemble something pretty cool.

Oh yeah, you didn't hear this from me.

(The Great) Trent Reznor.

Wow. I'm now taking donations for a new hard drive. Joking, but just...wow.

That's awesome. Time to buy a new Hard Drive? :P

Here's a little more fun to add:

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth Tour Rehearsals soundboard

http://www.zshare.net/download/53826917fee1b7e6/

Eraser

Only

Beside You In Time

Dead Souls

Not So Pretty Now

Deep @ 80 bmp

You Know What You Are

Head Like A Hole

Terrible Lie

Burn

Reptile

Home

Sin

There's more out there, but they haven't been released yet. A user on remix.nin.com posted them, but the mods there won't allow anymore because they aren't remixes. I think they let some slip through and they're slowly taking them down.

Edited by letdownagain

Original post by Trent before this happened.

File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to gently caress around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...

This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

posted by trent reznor at 4:28pm

That's awesome. Time to buy a new Hard Drive? :P

Here's a little more fun to add:

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth Tour Rehearsals soundboard

http://www.zshare.net/download/53826917fee1b7e6/

Eraser

Only

Beside You In Time

Dead Souls

Not So Pretty Now

Deep @ 80 bmp

You Know What You Are

Head Like A Hole

Terrible Lie

Burn

Reptile

Home

Sin

There's more out there, but they haven't been released yet. A user on remix.nin.com posted them, but the mods there won't allow anymore because they aren't remixes. I think they let some slip through and they're slowly taking them down.

I'd love you forever if you can find "The Slip" SBD Rehearsals... is it only echoplex, 1,000,000, discipline, letting you?

letdownagain: Audio or video? (TERRIBLE QUOTE I KNOW)

audio is fine.. 320kbs would be amazing.. thanks dude.. do you have the full rehearsel? even demon seed?!?!

Edited by Jack

I just have the ones from the DVD that came with the physical package, which is 1,000,000, Letting You, Discipline, Echoplex and Head. I don't have anything else Slip related, except the radio edit of Discipline.

I do have a good deal of NIN stuff - about 17 gigs.

I just have the ones from the DVD that came with the physical package, which is 1,000,000, Letting You, Discipline, Echoplex and Head. I don't have anything else Slip related, except the radio edit of Discipline.

I do have a good deal of NIN stuff - about 17 gigs.

Well if you ever find anything more than that, please hit me up dude

That's like the coolest thing a band has ever done, at least for me. If LP would do that, I'd shit my pants.

Completely agreed. NIN is so generous to the fans, It's crazy. Doing this, releasing 3 albums in one year. Releasing raw multi-tracks for mixers, it just goes on and on.

Completely agreed. NIN is so generous to the fans, It's crazy. Doing this, releasing 3 albums in one year. Releasing raw multi-tracks for mixers, it just goes on and on.

Getting released from Interscope was probably the best thing that could have happened. I find it funny that the label couldn't figure out what to do with such a fan oriented band. Maybe because everything is so much like a open source product?

Edited by letdownagain

Trent is awesome. I respect that a lot.

P.S. LP doesn't need to take note, they do enough for the fans :)

It was more NIN leaving their label, I agree that LP does alot for their fans, but NIN is a good example of what a band can do when they arent tied up by a label.

Edited by eng42ine

All that is really interesting. But what about the audio? Has there been SBD audio added to the videos? Otherwise, it would be a nice gimmick, but I wouldn't really care for a concert with an AUD audio recording ...

This makes all other mainstream fans just look bad. I'm not a big NIN fan but would be completely overwhelmed and overjoyed if my favorite bands did this. I can definitely see a band like 311 going this route when their contract is up. LP? Not so much. I feel like that would ruin their sacred profitiability and perfectionist ways.