Linkin Park - Rolling Stone Article

hahninator

Rolling Stone just posted a piece online about the new Linkin Park record.

Posted Image

"With this album, we've incorporated a lot of guitar work with big choruses and the heavier electronic stuff to give it that really big wall of sound feeling without getting too metal," vocalist Chester Bennington told Kerrang! "This will be more familiar to people than A Thousand Suns was, where we were like, 'Fuck it, we're just going to go bonkers.'"

Thoughts on what Chester has to say? Do you think the new album will sound like Hybrid Theory and Meteora at times, or will they take that style and blend it with something new?

Even with this article, I still feel like I have no idea what this album will sound like. They've been so adamant that they wouldn't return to HT days, so I doubt its will sound super close to that. (When They Come For Me? And it seems ugly but it can get worse. 'Cause even a blueprint is a gift and a curse. 'Cause once you got a theory of how the thing works. Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first.) Plus all the albums have sounded like LP to me.

Hmm I don't even know. Need a single. But even then Catalyst/WID didn't prepare me for ATS/MTM.

Exciting times! This is all happening much sooner than I would have ever guessed!

I have no idea how it sounds, I excited know that there will a new single soon, I would have to listen some preview or single, to give an opinion, so now the words have refreshed my eyes, but still no music to refresh my ears and emotions

I'm expecting something kind of like Meteora, with a little less angst, a little more hope, and a lot more mature. I'm not expecting a lot of the heavier screaming (OSC bridge, Given Up bridge, etc.) because I feel like Chester already pushes himself on those songs and instead wants songs that are easier and more fun to play live. I'm expecting a good amount of Mike, I can see there being a lot more vocal harmonies cuz I feel like Mike is pretty comfortable with his voice now, but I don't expect more than 3 songs in which he raps. I'm hoping for some more piano as it helps fully saturate their melodies. I think they're overstating how much presence the guitars will have. I think they just mean that every song will have an easily hearable and recognizable guitar chord progression (kinda like just about every song in HT and Meteora did). I don't see there being a ton of solos, of any instrument, though I'm expecting to actually hear some bass. Phoenix needs some loving. Also I think we'll get maybe 2 or 3 songs with some pretty prominent scratching, but Hahn handles all the synth sounds and I'm expecting those to have a huge presence in a lot of songs. My keyword is balance, they said all the band members are content with how much everyone is being represented, which in my head means that we're going to get a much fuller, richer sound that makes it discernible what each member's contribution is. Lastly, I think the major thing they will take away from the last two albums is that they can make some BEAUTIFUL melodies, but their goal should be to incorporate those melodies to a sound which is more...well, Linkin Park.

If I have to chose...Meteora. I don't believe they'll do a HT again. But I need to here the first single or at least a sample of it. I just cant wait for the album

HT and Meteora are practically the same album so it doesn't matter which one you choose.

Yeah, wow, this RS "article" just takes snippets of the Kerrang! interview out of context and presents itself as a full article. Shitty thing to do but hey, that's RS.com.