Rob Bourdon compared to other drummers?

Anality

You think this is a good drummers ?! :blink:

Rob Bourdon is king among them.

hmm i'm not sure, I do think Shannon's drumming appears more skillful - he has a tendency to play the snare at points that would seem out of step, or unexpected, and I do prefer his drumming style and tehnique.

but then again they are both playing different styles of music, Rob's drums (particularly in early LP stuff) was designed tp not be too flashy - just a steady hip-hop beat. got to hand it to him that later stuff like Little Things is quite a difficult rhthym to pin down and the faint intro is pretty cool. Rob's definitely a good drummer from the Bleed It Out Solos (it's not easy to make those up...) but like brad's guitar he's not trying to be flashy and it's not easy to tell if he's ann epic drummer or not

like I say, different styles of music.

Edited by LGraham

I love Rob as a drummer, I love that some of his beats are more hip-hop or dance influenced than rock, it makes the rhythms more interesting. At the same time, he doesn't show off too much.

I'd find it difficult to contrast him with the two you mentioned, as Dom has a very different style (which is also awesome) and I've never really closely listened to a 30 Seconds to Mars song.

Is Rob Bourdon a good drummer compared to other drummers such as Dominic Howard from Muse or Shannon Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars?

Yeah dude I love Muse to death, they're one of my all time fav bands, but Dom's nowhere NEAR in the same league as Rob, in a contest with someone like The Rev (RIP) or Mike Portnoy, Rob would actually fare pretty well.

You want good drummers

Rob is good for what he is, but some of the best drummers that are way out of his league- Scott Travis, Neil Part, Reeves, Chad Smith, Niko McBrain, Travis Barker, Ian Paice, Josh Freese, Dave Grohl, Gavin Harrison

Edited by Bliss

I feel like our perception of Rob is limited because we only knows what he sounds like from his work with Linkin Park, which is a band that's certainly not about letting one instrument take over parts of a song. If Rob did some sort of side-project where he could show off some serious technical drumming, I think it'd then be easier to compare him to other drummers. The only real indicator we have of his skill is The Little Things Give You Away and the Bleed It Out drum solos, which aren't much to go off of.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Rob Bourdon a good drummer compared to other drummers such as Dominic Howard from Muse or Shannon Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars?

I was lucky to see all 3 drummers LIVE in work, what I can say, I don't know music terms so its kinda hard to make a professional point of view, all of them are doing great their style of music, also they have different tasks to do because each of their bands playing very different. So I can't really compare them. What I can say for sure they are best at what they do! All can do a strong solo part, hard parts, easy parts, good rhytm, great expressions, maybe for better artistry I would prize Shannon Leto :P

if rob is a good drummer?

makes me laugh you even care to ask

HE IS THE BEST<3

it's not that we're asking if he's good or not, it's compared to others how does he rank. I think he's definitely very skilled, but can't shine on alot of the older material so our veiw of him is warped somewhat. rob's solid and dependable but he doesn't show off too much, which is part of the style of music LP plays, and definitely not his own shortcomings

maybe for better artistry I would prize Shannon Leto

+1

shannon's style is intended to be more flashy and impressive, and i do prefer this approach in drums.

• 2 weeks later...