Short Wait For Linkin Park Album

Qwerty95k

Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda says the band are always working on new material and fans should not have to wait too long for band's new album.

Mike Shinoda says fans won't have to wait too long for the next Linkin Park album.

The musician revealed the 'Shadow of the Day' group are constantly writing new material for their follow up to 'A Thousand Suns' and as he has recently been busy writing the score for Indonesian film 'The Raid', he concedes it could affect the sound of the group.

He said: "We are always writing. I'm not sure how my participation on The Raid might affect the next Linkin Park album . we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully, the wait won't be too long."

One way in which the new Linkin Park sound could be affected is by the lack of electric guitars used in the movie's soundtrack.

Mike told ArtistDirect.com: One of the things that I decided to do early on was essentially abandon the use of electric guitars in this score. Guitars seemed to take it in a mookish, ostentatious direction, which is not the tone of this film. But there are moments when the score wanted to get super heavy, so I achieved it by making my own super-distorted percussive and melodic sounds. I also enlisted the help of Joe Trapanese, who was Daft Punk's scoring partner on 'Tron: Legacy'. He's from a composer / arranger background, and we played off each other's ideas really well."

Source here

Edited by Qwerty95k

I don't get how this is news. Mike says the same he always does.

And this

is horrible.

MTM is the band's best album BY FAR. So that was pretty cool. They could have said 'The In The End Group' or 'The Waiting For The End Group' but they actually said a good song.

• 2 weeks later...

MTM is the band's best album BY FAR. So that was pretty cool. They could have said 'The In The End Group' or 'The Waiting For The End Group' but they actually said a good song.

No, Shadow is a really great track but I hate it when people reduce a band to just a song ;)