What Linkin Park album impressed you the most?

NickDuffy

I'd have to go with Minutes To Midnight. In 2001-2004, all I listened to was Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, and Meteora. I never was bored with their material. It seemed so diverse, and perfect. When What I've Done was released I became a nit-picker. I was like: "Mike isn't rapping, they're sellouts now", "The piano is a Halloween theme rip-off", "there is no screaming this is weak", but by the middle of April it became my favorite song at the moment. The lyrics were so much better than anything the band has written before (which is funny because after time passed I learned they made the song within a week).

The album leaked and I downloaded it. My mind was blown. There wasn't alot of rapping, but it felt better that way. The rapping was necessary where it was. Mike didn't need to spit a verse on every single song. The soft songs really touched my heart, and I knew this band did something that people thought they never would have done, they changed.

There is not one song on that album that feels out of place, or bad. The whole album feels right. It opened on an epic note and it ended on an epic note. Not to mention, the b-sides from this album were so kickass!

A Thousand Suns did change the face of Linkin Park, but Minutes To Midnight did it first.

For me its either MtM or ATS, They are both very strong albums that changed the band and how they wrote their songs. But I think I might have to go with ATS. Some of the songs on MtM aren't very original (instrumentally wise), it all sounds like songs that can come from any typical rock band. but I can't see any other band do songs like When They Come For Me, or Blackout.

On ATS they experimented with different song structures, rhythms and arrangements. Its really impressive to see a band like LP make a powerful record with no heavy guitar at all. At first I thought that I wasn't going to like ATS because of its lack of guitar, but once I heard the album, I understood it. If all of those songs had power-chords stained all over them, they wouldn't be the same. The different instrument arrangements made the songs stand out from any type of music that I've ever heard.

The lyrics are even stronger too (no more poor me...). They discuss war, politics, religion, and personal troubles. Things that actually have an impact on people, instead of "I HATE MY PARENTS, I"M SICK OF THIER LIES! I WANT TO RUNAWAY FROM MYSELF! I DONT KNOW WHY I"M GOING TO CRY I THINK I MIGHT DIE!!!!"

Thats why ATS has impressed me the most.

BTW if anyone says that Meteora impressed them...they need to get slapped.

For me its Meteora, one thing that helps is it was the album that got me into Linkin Park. If it wasn't for Meteora i wouldn't be on this site right now. Even after MTM and ATS have come out, Meteora still remains my favorite cd by them. Breaking the Habit is still my favorite LP song and still has the best lrics LP has ever written in My opinion. It is also a massive step up from Hybrid Theory in my opinion, and will most likely be my favorite LP album for the rest of the life. It is also my second favorite cd of all time and the onl album i have ever given a 9.9/10. so it impressed me very much

Part of me says MTM because they REALLY did re-invent themselves and make an amazing record and didn't listen to people telling them to make Hybrid Theory Part 3.

The other part of me wants to say ATS. I've been watching a lot of interviews and stuff lately from the album, and I'm starting to realize how good the music really is, and how drastically different it is, and the thing that impressed me the most is that the band pretty much said 'fuck you' to critics and fans complaining about them going back to the HT sound. I'm glad they made this album.

All in all, I would have to say ATS impressed me the most, even though it may not be my absolute favorite.

Every single album impressed me much. I would say that Minutes To Midnight impressed me soooo much. After years of waiting this brand new Linkin Park alternative rock style was blowing for me. When I first watched the full video of What I've Done I was like frozen, it was something mind blowing. After I heard the album and than bought CD from the 1st track intro Wake to the last TLTGYA track it was like symphony. This album has all, slow songs, fast songs, beautiful songs, a lot of instruments works, so much new energy of the new style. I can tell without ending how I love this but only will say that Valentine's Day is the most beautiful song I've ever heard for this DAY ;)

Every single album impressed me much. I would say that Minutes To Midnight impressed me soooo much. After years of waiting this brand new Linkin Park alternative rock style was blowing for me. When I first watched the full video of What I've Done I was like frozen, it was something mind blowing. After I heard the album and than bought CD from the 1st track intro Wake to the last TLTGYA track it was like symphony. This album has all, slow songs, fast songs, beautiful songs, a lot of instruments works, so much new energy of the new style. I can tell without ending how I love this but only will say that Valentine's Day is the most beautiful song I've ever heard for this DAY ;)

I agree. "In Between" really shocked me. It was nowhere near traditional Linkin Park, but I loved it.

It's difficult what album impressed ne the most. I have been Fan since 2003 and at that time I often hear Meteora with Breaking the Habit which my favorite song was. After Meteora I was going to listen Hybrid Theory, and at the first time I listen I was shocked about the heavy sound at some songs. Meteora is more Electronic as Hybrid Theory, I couldn't hear it at first. I was a child and 13 years old and that was the first band where I to identify with. At was the first step to music that I listen you know. I begin listen to a Rockband they are screamed and are loud, that was strange at first time.

I just want say at the past the first Albums impressed me the most, then it change my life. MTM was released in 2007 and I was 17 years old at that time. I was in a age that I become to grow up to an adult Person for now I was grow up with LP's Music and but I changed me too, like I said I become to more an adult person and LP did this too with Minutes to Midnight.

Therefore I would say MTM is most impressed now. I idn't say that the other not impressed me but I can to identify me the most with MTM.That's it.