Rock And Roll Pt.2 Question

Geki

I'm sure most people here have heard the song Rock And Roll Pt.2 by Handsome Boy Modeling School, which features both Mike and Chester on vocals. Now, my question is... does anyone know any background info about this track? Like did Mike and Chester write these lyrics specifically for this song, or are they from some kind of LP b-sides or something? Chester's part is exceptionally good and I wonder if it was a b-side from Meteora or something since this apparently came out in 2004. If anyone knows anything please post...

Marvelous track! Got me into the 'Handsome boys...' great hipHop collab. Such a shame they don't make any music anymore.

But back to RocknRoll, apparently Mike wrote/performed all the guitar parts in chester's bit. & yeah, I'm pretty sure it's all their own lyrics ;)

I'm thinking the lyrics and vocals were used from some random Meteora demo...

The Hydroponikz remix is great but there's only one thing I hate about it. They don't use the verse vocals, they just use the chorus style vocals.

Edited by Geki

Mike and Chester's parts were freshly recorded for the album, but they may have been written before that. Mike's verse sounds a lot like some of the early Fort Minor stuff he was writing around that period (Strange Things/Start it All Up), and Chester's part sounds a lot like a leftover verse/chorus idea that might have been written for Meteora and never finished. That whole song sounds like a bunch of random pieces of music thrown together, so it's fairly likely they came in with that material already written.

There really isn't a whole lot of info out there about this song...the band never made any kind of statement regarding its release back in 2004 (they usually do some kind of press for their collabs, this was a strange exception), and the only time a band member has even acknowledged its existence was in a post made by Mike on the Fort Minor message boards, where he posted the lyrics to his verse.

I have long heard this song. Great song, no doubt. ;)  

I don't know that Mike saying "breathe breathe breathe" in this song. 

- about the song: of course it sounds phenomenal.

and more, methinks the lyrics from Meteora.

Edited by Sucre06