New Video Shoot!!

Dark_Adolescent

From Joe's Twitter.

"@joehahnLP I'm shooting the next Linkin Park video today. Its explosive!!!"

Looks like they settled on a single, but no official word yet on whether it's BITS or Iridescent as far as I know. What do you guys think?

UPDATE:

Mike confirmed it on Twitter, it's "Burning in the Skies!" Mike's Twitter

"@m_shinoda Shot video for Burning In The Skies today...start tour tomorrow. Florida, here we come"

Edited by SpikeMinoda

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha...I just made a thread like 15min before this one. I had no link or reference to Joe's twitter though.

BITS is OK for a single but would've preferred Blackout (wishful thinking), Irisdescent or WTCFM.

Can't wait to find out what single it is and see the video!

this may just be an overthought conspiracy, but on his twitter he says, Its Explosive. That leads me to beileve that it is BITS because "Explosive" and "Burning" That's probably just an overthought conspiracy but yeah

Oh wow.....hmmm

Well if the Transformers rumor is true, then it will be Iridescent..however, I wouldn't even say Blackout couldn't be an option either.

I suppose we can't rule it out, everyone just seems dead set on BITS, though, especially at LPA. I'd prefer Blackout, personally.

Ha...I just made a thread like 15min before this one. I had no link or reference to Joe's twitter though.

BITS is OK for a single but would've preferred Blackout (wishful thinking), Irisdescent or WTCFM.

Can't wait to find out what single it is and see the video!

I didn't see any thread in Got News?, so I made this one. Blackout and WTCFM would both make awesome singles.

this may just be an overthought conspiracy, but on his twitter he says, Its Explosive. That leads me to beileve that it is BITS because "Explosive" and "Burning" That's probably just an overthought conspiracy but yeah

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure it'll end up being BITS

I don't think Iridescent is the kind of song to get an "explosive" video, too much of a ballad

Blackout would be an awesome single, its my favorite song from ATS, but I don't see it happening

The lyrics of Iridescent heavily imply nuclear apocalypse, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

LP have already said the next single is BitS. Why are we arguing about this?

latest rumour says michael bay selected burning in the skies for transformers 3 - so it was held off release until the movie comes out and another single substituted for the time being.

quite funny - i discussed this with some friends who are only casual fans of LP - response i got was 'why... burning in the skies has been getting played heaps on radio lately, now it's going to disappear and another song instead?'

still think BitS is a completely wrong choice for T3. imagine blackout in it? wasn't there a transformer called blackout?

I suppose we can't rule it out, everyone just seems dead set on BITS, though, especially at LPA. I'd prefer Blackout, personally.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

I personally like BITS better but i thik a music video for Blackout would be better. I thought it made sense, but then again it could have been just a coincidence

I don't care what the next single is, I just want to see a new video. I hope it's better than the last six though.

i agree. I mean Leave Out All the Rest was a decent video and the catalyst was a good video too but the MTM and ATS videos fail in comaprison to videos like In the End, From the Inside, Breaking the Habit and stuff. That''s just my opinion. Bleed it out and What I've Done videos are awful....., and i don't like Shadow of the Day's video too much either. The given up video is fine. its just their video styles have gone downhill in my opinion

I don't care what the next single is, I just want to see a new video. I hope it's better than the last six though.

LOL

i agree. I mean Leave Out All the Rest was a decent video and the catalyst was a good video too but the MTM and ATS videos fail in comaprison to videos like In the End, From the Inside, Breaking the Habit and stuff. That''s just my opinion. Bleed it out and What I've Done videos are awful....., and i don't like Shadow of the Day's video too much either. The given up video is fine. its just their video styles have gone downhill in my opinion

I'd like to see another animated video like BTH somewhere down the line!

LOL

I'd like to see another animated video like BTH somewhere down the line!

that would be awesome, when they come for me would make a great animated video i think. make it of a guy being chased and he will be gone when they come for him

Now that I think about it, I think Burning In The Skies should be the next single. Its not a strong enough song (for radio) to top of their ATS singles some time in the future so I think it'll work out right. After BITS I think it'll be Blackout and Iridescent to close off the album singles. Both of those videos would be fucking awesome if they fit the moods of the songs. Blackout's video would be so trippy with the mood changes, and Iridescent could feed of the definition of its name alone with an "iridescent-like" approach to the video

Iridescent's video could easily have explosiveness in it. Think about the scene in Pirates 3, where the two ships are completely destroying the British ship and how the guy walks along the deck as everything almost silently blows up around him.

Also, W&K, to me, has always been something like a "working class uprising anthem" so it could easily have an anarchy/war/riot type video for it.

I don't think Wretches And Kings is a strong enough song to be a single. The speech portion really takes away from the song's single quality. Burning In The Skies seems like it'll really take up on the destruction theme that's present in ATS

But that's why they have radio edits for these sort of songs, they'll probably cut out the whole beginning of the song with the speech part anyway.

The only two songs out of the nine I can't see being singles are The Messenger (because of length) and Robot Boy (not radio friendly). Even then, LP could surprise us by making those two singles anyway. What's most feasible now is BITS and Iridescent, I think. We just need a confirmation.

But that's why they have radio edits for these sort of songs, they'll probably cut out the whole beginning of the song with the speech part anyway.

The only two songs out of the nine I can't see being singles are The Messenger (because of length) and Robot Boy (not radio friendly). Even then, LP could surprise us by making those two singles anyway. What's most feasible now is BITS and Iridescent, I think. We just need a confirmation.

if they made Robot Boy a single, that would not help them in any ways because a lot of LP fans don't even like Robot Boy so i don't think many non-Lp fans would like it

You all have to also remember that the definition for Iridescent is something like "a brilliant array of blinding lights in all the colours of the rainbow". LP could just as easily make colourful explosions of light and there you have it: an Iridescent video.

If they made a radio edit of Wretches And Kings that would be the dumbest thing ever. There's the speech in the beginning and there's the speech towards the end and even after that its just music and them yelling "hey hey hey." Not really a quality single. A local Philly radio station used Blackout in a LP '11 tour promo so I think that could possibly work for a single. Regardless, I think Iridescent should be their final single. Its a stronger finish to their album single cycle then Leave Out All The Rest was for MTM and that song really delivers with the final 2 choruses. I just hope they wouldn't radio edit that one cause its still short of the 5 minute mark so I'd hope they'd leave it alone. So that would leave them with 5 singles for that album when its all said and done, the other 4 songs really don't have what it takes cause they are more album songs then they are singles, and that's exactly why LP made them the way they did