New Video Shoot!!

Dark_Adolescent

I guess I'm a lot different about this than other people.

I thought WFTE was an amazing video.

I hated the video for Given Up, it was pretty lame. Cool effects and that's it.

When They Come For Me would be a great song to get on the radio, but it may not appeal to everyone.

i loved the WFTE video too :P and i didn't think much of given up either, so you're not alone! :) given up was made well and the footage was great but i just dont like a lot of live videos in general - i think exception to the rule for me would have to be 30STM's closer to the edge music video... get pumped every time i see that video

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Wretches And Kings is a strong enough song to be a single. The speech portion really takes away from the song's single quality. Burning In The Skies seems like it'll really take up on the destruction theme that's present in ATS

That's not a problem, often record labels create a single version of the song and they cut a lot of parts..

If they made a radio edit of Wretches And Kings that would be the dumbest thing ever. There's the speech in the beginning and there's the speech towards the end and even after that its just music and them yelling "hey hey hey." Not really a quality single. A local Philly radio station used Blackout in a LP '11 tour promo so I think that could possibly work for a single. Regardless, I think Iridescent should be their final single. Its a stronger finish to their album single cycle then Leave Out All The Rest was for MTM and that song really delivers with the final 2 choruses. I just hope they wouldn't radio edit that one cause its still short of the 5 minute mark so I'd hope they'd leave it alone. So that would leave them with 5 singles for that album when its all said and done, the other 4 songs really don't have what it takes cause they are more album songs then they are singles, and that's exactly why LP made them the way they did

I dont think that Blackout is going to be a single, people dont want to hear this in the radio because its kinda ''Messy''

latest rumour says michael bay selected burning in the skies for transformers 3 - so it was held off release until the movie comes out and another single substituted for the time being.

quite funny - i discussed this with some friends who are only casual fans of LP - response i got was 'why... burning in the skies has been getting played heaps on radio lately, now it's going to disappear and another song instead?'

still think BitS is a completely wrong choice for T3. imagine blackout in it? wasn't there a transformer called blackout?

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/2011/...sformers-3.html

It makes perfect sense for LP to choose Iridescent as the next video and make it explosive. Just think of some of the lyrics:

"When you were standing in the wake of devastation" "With the cataclysm raining down" "And in a burst of light that blinded every angel As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars"

It could have massive explosions and a completely destroyed world, and just put it in slowmotion, and suddenly it fits the mood of the song. but likewise, it could just as well fit BITS.

I wish it was 3 months time already, where we'd be hopefully looking foreword to the next video after this, cause BITS or Iridescent as a single is yawn-inducing

I like the songs, and they may suit a single, but they do nothing for people who don't like LP's typical sound. With something like W&K its so different and fresh it would attract new fans.

When I tell people who ask that ATS is different and the bands sound has changed, BITS/Iridescent does nothing to help my case. Oh well.

I wish it was 3 months time already, where we'd be hopefully looking foreword to the next video after this, cause BITS or Iridescent as a single is yawn-inducing

I like the songs, and they may suit a single, but they do nothing for people who don't like LP's typical sound. With something like W&K its so different and fresh it would attract new fans.

When I tell people who ask that ATS is different and the bands sound has changed, BITS/Iridescent does nothing to help my case. Oh well.

Thats what I keep on saying on here and LPA too! W&K SHOULD be a single in some point. Its Heavy, its catchy and it has the old shool LP energy which would totally impress all the casual fans who think LP have gone soft since MTM.

But apparently no one agrees with this and though i agree 100% with Iridescent & BITS being singles, they need another heavy song to break things up a bit. :lol:

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

Haven't been really a fan of the music videos for a while.

Shadow Of The Day was surprisingly amazing in my opinion. That was the last REALLY good one they did if you ask me. Given Up was badass by Fiore with the live footage.

I didn't like the space theme in LOATR at all, I didn't like New Divide's at all, didn't like Waiting For The End's one bit, BIO's was blah. Catalyst's had some sweet effects and shots in it but it could have been done a lot better. Interesting video but not one I'd watch a lot over and over again.

From The Inside is my all time favorite with the band just JAMMING in the street (I love the performance videos) while total destruction is going on. Probably why I like SOTD's so much, and WID's too with the performance of the band rocking.

Hoping they pick a high energy song for a single, like Wretches And Kings.

It'll be interesting to see what Mr Hahn does this time round. Will it be straight up performance video or something story based like SOTD.

Also, how will Mike cover up his luscious head of hair in this video. He used a hood in TC, a hat in WFTE....whats next...a cap??? If so, it'll be the resurrection of FM Mike :D