Blackout Freestyle on Sampler

Pez

Well as you seen in the LPTV video, The Boys used a MPC to create the little Sampler solo using Chesters vocals.

Well I got the SP-404sx from work the other day (I work for Roland here in Australia) and have been bored all weekend. So I Though Id have a crack at the solo. After a good day of chopping up Chester's vocals and placing them in convenient spots on my samplers I had the Solo down.

And today I decided to record it.

Link!

When I get my main computer back with my recording software Ill have a 2nd crack at it.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

It's okay, I guess... I mean, if you were really cool, you'd have put something new into it and not settled for copying the album recording. Let's hear a new one!

Thats the plan when I get my recording comp back. Ill make the solo longer too because 20 seconds or whatever is just too short for awesomeness

that was sweet! MPC are the future of music!

I wonder if Mike will play it like that when they eventually perform it live? I really don't see Chester attempting to sing this XD

IMO i see it more as a Joe Job.

guitar parts?

I think theres some very very very faint and small background guitar parts in the song. I believe Brad said it in an interview.

What they hell guys, you can't seriously say you can't hear any guitars! :lol: their All over the Bridge! but the've been digitaly manipulated and pitch-shifted to hell & back - similar to the Breakdown in "New Divide".

Its one of the reasons why I'm so looking forward to seing them play this live to see how they pull this off!

• 5 weeks later...

What they hell guys, you can't seriously say you can't hear any guitars! :lol: their All over the Bridge! but the've been digitaly manipulated and pitch-shifted to hell & back - similar to the Breakdown in "New Divide".

Its one of the reasons why I'm so looking forward to seing them play this live to see how they pull this off!

Yeh I know but when I say guitar parts I mean guitar guitar parts. See I dont consider the ND bridge a guitar part but as a Sample part :P

ButI know that is defiantly a chopped up guitar in the bridge.

Good job Pez ;) btw when will you try and record the strings on SOTD? "im the one who asked you on youtube :P"

Yeh man I do apologize but that 'project' hit a hault when I lost my main recording computer. It should be finished soon and thrown up.

that was sweet! MPC are the future of music!

I wonder if Mike will play it like that when they eventually perform it live? I really don't see Chester attempting to sing this XD

It would have been better live if instead of scratching samples Chester had some kind of skitz out instead. Screams and shit beats album samples anyday!