New Divide Synth Sound

Pez

Well I was tossing up weather to put this in techie or here but seeing its LP related I'll throw it here.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get a really dirty heavy synth sound like Shinoda gets on the virus

Im pretty sure the Virus has no onboard voices so there should be a simular synth sound floating around.

I have an Yamaha PSR-275 but mainly use the Onboard sounds because the voices are very limited.

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

the Virus Has some Patches that mike used unchanged

example The Catalyst the begining pad

so if you would be able to get the patches from the virus ti you´l have a good chance getting new dive too i think

Any idea on how to get the patches?

lol i can only hear what his playing on verse and i have no idea after that xD btw kinda off topic but what does mike play on the catalyst excluding the bridge?

He plays through the whole song.

Quick off-topic question. Does Mike play the Catalyst synth-solo or Mr.Hahn does it? Because according to Marid video, Mike plays some other synth part while the solo is being played by Mr.Hahn or backtracked (?)

He plays through the whole song.

Quick off-topic question. Does Mike play the Catalyst synth-solo or Mr.Hahn does it? Because according to Marid video, Mike plays some other synth part while the solo is being played by Mr.Hahn or backtracked (?)

The solo in The Catalyst is Joe. Mike plays the long sustained chords (like what you hear during the intro) throughout the entire first part of the song until the piano part comes in.

• 7 months later...

Im going to be a total ass and bump this to ask a question. Saves opening up a new topic.

Does anyone have or know where I can get the Virus VSTs?

Im still looking for that Catalyst sound and the ND sound. I downloaded what I though was the VST but they were FXB files and I have no idea what their used for.