New LPU Updates

hahninator

It's ok I'm sure it'll end up on e-bay soon enough, great to hear they put some HTEP on it!! To be honest I wasn't expecting such a great tracklist, tho I wish instead of Sold My Soul To Yo Mama they put Standing in the Middle. That's a great song.

I thought they were going to include at least one version of BTH live and maybe put other live stuff on there. I'm surprised that stuff like Part Of Me, Announcement Service Public and Dedicated made it on the CD. I really want to hear Hunger Strike!

why would they re-release My December from Soho? If you can get it without being an LPU member, then why put in of SFTU? I'm a little bummed that they didnt put Step Up on the CD....or Place For My Head from LPU 3.0. Oh well, I'm gonna get it (even though I got Part of Me and And One off Limewire). The only downside is this defeats the purpose of being an LPUer and getting these songs exclusively from LPU.

No songs from LPU have managed to be exclusively for the LPU. For example, you said you'd already downloaded two songs. As soon as the right person gets a copy, it spreads like wildfire on the internet.

I don't think it's farfetched to have My December from Soho - it's not been released in any physical format, only through iTunes (those who are particular about quality control would prefer the CD, plus it promotes the rest of the EP). Hopefully it's from Soho, it'd be more interesting than something already released on of the DSPs. I'm going to purchase it anyway, but I'd be more inclined to do so if it was from Soho.

SONGS FROM THE UNDERGROUND IS NOT THE LPU8 CD.

When will you people figure that out? Jesus fucking christ.

I thought this was a ''no flaming'' forum, atleast that's what I've been told...

Back to the subject: I think it's a cool tracklisting. A nice mix of old and new gems, especially the new version of ''My December''. That one is really cool.

Congrats to the band for the award, can't wait for the next one.

I thought this was a ''no flaming'' forum, atleast that's what I've been told...

I didn't flame anybody.

The only downside is this defeats the purpose of being an LPUer and getting these songs exclusively from LPU.

You can't get any of these songs by joining the LPU anyway, none of them are from the LPU7 CD. Once a year of the LPU is over, the "exclusiveness" of any of the songs from that year or any year before it is completely irrelevant because they're no longer part of the LPU package anyway. If I felt like it, I'd throw the LPU 1-6 CDs up on Demonoid right now and have absolutely no regrets about doing it. And once December 4th rolls around, I'd do the same with LPU7.

Edited by Astat

If I felt like it, I'd throw the LPU 1-6 CDs up on Demonoid right now and have absolutely no regrets about doing it. And once December 4th rolls around, I'd do the same with LPU7.

Too bad the CDs go up ASAP anyway. No need to wait a year.

I thought they were going to include at least one version of BTH live and maybe put other live stuff on there. I'm surprised that stuff like Part Of Me, Announcement Service Public and Dedicated made it on the CD. I really want to hear Hunger Strike!

To be honest, I'm not that surprised for some of them. Dedicated is prob their most popular LPU song (LPU1 IMO doesn't count cuz it's just a re-release of HTEP) and ASP is their first instrumental since Session, LPU6 came out before M2M so Wake didn't exist yet. As for Part of Me and And One, LP prob wanted their fans who were obsessed w/ the old stuff to not think they forgot bout it.

You can't get any of these songs by joining the LPU anyway, none of them are from the LPU7 CD. Once a year of the LPU is over, the "exclusiveness" of any of the songs from that year or any year before it is completely irrelevant because they're no longer part of the LPU package anyway.

I think the idea is that they become out-of-print CDs, therefore making them exclusive to the LPU. However, with downloading, that's less of an exclusive. Add that to "guest" being able to purchase from the LPU store and selling CDs on eBay for exorbitant amounts of money, and the CDs become a lot less exclusive.

As for Part of Me and And One, LP prob wanted their fans who were obsessed w/ the old stuff to not think they forgot bout it.

Everything sounds good, but I highly doubt LP had anything to do with the tracklisting for the CD. The selection of songs was done by the LPU public poll, not LP themselves.

For those wondering about an on-line purchase, here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1927799

Additionally, if you don't feel like waiting around until Friday, you may want to meander out to Best Buy. I picked up my copy of Road to Revolution today, and saw that this particular store (Farragut, TN) had already put the "Songs" CDs out.

Edited by auburntiger