Mike Interview

ChuckCheese

Haven't heard it yet. But LPA said that Mike confirmed "ATS: The Full Experience" will be a one full MP3 of the entire album. Is it like merged tracks?

I was thinking it would be something like what Arcade Fire did with their new album.

"

Leave it to Arcade Fire to not only make an unbelievably stellar record but to take the pre-sale for their fans to the hilt, too. Their new album, The Suburbs, hits iTunes, Amazon, and the like tomorrow, but if you pre-ordered it from ArcadeFire.com you’ve likely received it already. My CD and poster came day before yesterday (Saturday) and vinyl came with today’s mail. Also, late last night I received an email with links to download the album in multiple formats, MP3, FLAC, Apple Lossless, and a very special surprise, a “Synchronized artwork version of the album”.

The group and Vincent Morisset took the album art, used a feature of iTunes mostly used for synchronizing content with podcasts and made a version of the album which shows lyrics and art while the album plays. Also, there are links to content from around the Web throughout the entire album. You can spend hours upon hours listening, reading, clicking around — it’s an incredible way to experience the album. Such beautiful music and lyrics coupled with simple yet creative technical presentation. I’m in love with this recording and the work Vincent did here to give an alternate and unique album experience. For an example (sorry for the poor sound quality, recorded through my computer speakers/mic):"

funny how (i think anyway) he would choose the opposite answer that he did 10 years ago with some of them, especially the graffiti one.

I like the one mp3 idea, but if i remember correctly, when MTM leaked mike posted on his blog that he was glad that the album could now be heard by us but that we should all listen to it from beginning to end because it's like a journey. So nothing new there.

But i do have epic expectations for ATS after the catalyst

funny how (i think anyway) he would choose the opposite answer that he did 10 years ago with some of them, especially the graffiti one.

I like the one mp3 idea, but if i remember correctly, when MTM leaked mike posted on his blog that he was glad that the album could now be heard by us but that we should all listen to it from beginning to end because it's like a journey. So nothing new there.

But i do have epic expectations for ATS after the catalyst

True there Gradon, But with ATS I think it'll be moreso - with each track transitioning from one to the next kinda what like Meteora, with E2R>Faint & from the Inside>Nobodies listening.

At least thats what I'm hoping.