X Games Catalyst Clip

The ESPN X Games have begun playing The Catalyst during the show, and you can check out the first one below. Keep in mind, this is being played during commentary and isn't very clear. Still, if you want to hear the clip, download it below:

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/17493863/file.htm

Thanx to: LPA

Edited by wesleyhahn

i don't understand why this song don't leak...

Does nobody remember the fact that What I've Done didn't leak until about a day before it was released to radio, and even that was a really low-quality version from a streaming radio station? Warner has these single releases under lock and key, they deliver new singles to radio digitally now, so every radio station that is going to put the song in rotation recieves it at exactly the same time, which is probably no more than a couple hours before the song is released. There are plenty of people in the media that have HEARD the song via listening parties or the 6-track sampler that's being flown around the world, but I wouldn't be surprised if the only people that actually have the song in their possession right now are Warner and ESPN.

Album leaks are inevitable, but it's entirely possible with today's technology to prevent a single from leaking.

it won't leak because WB/LP aren't sending out full tracks to things like the X Games. They send pre-edited pieces, probably looped, and then are like hey use this. That's really what it amounts to. As for Dj's getting a listen I'm sure WB send out field agents with discs to play the music for the DJ and then take the disk back. So there's no way they can really rip the music. Sounds kind of a hassle on Warner's part but Linkin Park is a major investment for them. They are one of the few groups that are still selling well despite the piracy issues, so naturally they are gunna take all steps necessary to prevent leaks.

Like everyone else has been saying I anticipate it leaking a day or hours before it's announced debut time. Mainly because they people debuting or set to play it wont be able to get a hold of it until the day of/before.

it won't leak because WB/LP aren't sending out full tracks to things like the X Games. They send pre-edited pieces, probably looped, and then are like hey use this. That's really what it amounts to. As for Dj's getting a listen I'm sure WB send out field agents with discs to play the music for the DJ and then take the disk back. So there's no way they can really rip the music. Sounds kind of a hassle on Warner's part but Linkin Park is a major investment for them. They are one of the few groups that are still selling well despite the piracy issues, so naturally they are gunna take all steps necessary to prevent leaks.

Like everyone else has been saying I anticipate it leaking a day or hours before it's announced debut time. Mainly because they people debuting or set to play it wont be able to get a hold of it until the day of/before.

everything you just said, I agree with. LP is probably one of Warners best selling groups out there. So in theory, they would need to take some steps to stop the single from leaking.