Will Not Alone be a single?

Ashwhisker

The fact that there is now a video for Not Alone first made me think it might be a single, but here is a picture that caught my eye (note the LP symbol as well as "download to donate" replaced with "Not Alone"):

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs030/1102926160779/img/15.jpg

LINKIN PARK RELEASE VIDEO FOR "NOT ALONE" FROM "DOWNLOAD TO DONATE FOR HAITI" COMPILATION

Linkin Park has released a special video for "Not Alone," the song they wrote and recorded specifically for DOWNLOAD TO DONATE FOR HAITI, a star-studded recovery effort launched to aid the nation of Haiti following the magnitude-7.0 earthquake that struck Port-au-Prince on January 12th. The video features studio performance footage interspersed with stark images of the Haitian devastation. Check out the video at http://music.myspace.com.

This came from an email message from the Music For Relief mailing list. So what do you think? Just a promotional picture, or a cover for an upcoming Not Alone single?

Edited by Ash

IMO "Not Alone" is a single in some way... it offen plays on KROQ, now it's a music video for the song.. but I don't think this would be a type of single like New Divide, with so commerciality and so on.. but I'd like to hear Not Alone on radio.. love it

IMO "Not Alone" is a single in some way... it offen plays on KROQ, now it's a music video for the song.. but I don't think this would be a type of single like New Divide, with so commerciality and so on.. but I'd like to hear Not Alone on radio.. love it

In order for a song to be classified as a single, there has to be some type of retail release for the song, either as a CD single or a digital download. If you just go off of video/radio play, Points of Authority, FRGT/10, and Lying From You would technically be classified as singles, but none of them were.

It might happen, it might not. Personally, I don't think it will, especially with the remake of We Are the World being a huge charity single for Haiti now, but I could be wrong.

In order for a song to be classified as a single, there has to be some type of retail release for the song, either as a CD single or a digital download. If you just go off of video/radio play, Points of Authority, FRGT/10, and Lying From You would technically be classified as singles, but none of them were.

It might happen, it might not. Personally, I don't think it will, especially with the remake of We Are the World being a huge charity single for Haiti now, but I could be wrong.

Do you think that KROQ is going to play We Are the World? I'd call Not Alone just a promo single, airplay only.