99 problems / Points of authority

linkingabo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you judge rappers by their lyrics, not how they're voice sounds like... but besides that, I like Jay-z's rapping and the way he sounds while rapping.

I'd take great passion over the "best lyrics" any day. That is why Tupac is one of, if not THE greatest rapper ever *personal opinion* Due to the fact he may not be the best lyricist, but the passion he brings to the music MAKES you relate to what he is saying... even if you can't necessarily in reality. Kanye, despite his antics, brings passion and he has some sick rhymes in some songs as well

Edit: Trust me, if the rapper doesn't have some swag *which jz does* Then hes not that great, and voice plays a great deal in keeping interest for me.

Edited by FaiNt

You should only judge Kanye by his MUSIC not his actions.

COMPLETELY disagree. Kanye is a true motherfucker, I hate the guy with a HUGE passion. His bullshit black rant shit from the post-Katrina show was ridiculous "George Bush hates black people", give me a fucking break.

He can't get enough of himself, the prick. Jumping on stage with T Swift...IMMA LET YOU FINISH, jesus christ. What a COMPLETE joke of a character. Kanye is an absolute disaster. He fucked Bonnaroo in 2008 as well and tried to lie about the whole thing as well. The guy needs to call it quits, half the world hates him. I cannot stand him one bit; complete egotistical maniac.

You can't go around and say someone's music is good and love them while ignoring their actions. I was raised 180 degrees opposite of that. In fact, a lot of the respect I have for artists comes from stuff they do outside of their music.

And while we're on the subject, Jay-Z is a boss, lol.

COMPLETELY disagree. Kanye is a true motherfucker, I hate the guy with a HUGE passion. His bullshit black rant shit from the post-Katrina show was ridiculous "George Bush hates black people", give me a fucking break.

You can't go around and say someone's music is good and love them while ignoring their actions. I was raised 180 degrees opposite of that. In fact, a lot of the respect I have for artists comes from stuff they do outside of their music.

Then you might as well turn off the radio if you pay attention to the artist lives and especially the implicit messages that are in the songs.

Tell me, if it was Texas, or some other ya-hoo. state. that bush wouldnt have reacted much faster than he did? Yeah, that's what i thought.

Edited by FaiNt

Then you might as well turn off the radio if you pay attention to the artist lives and especially the implicit messages that are in the songs.

Tell me, if it was Texas, or some other ya-hoo. state. that bush wouldnt have reacted much faster than he did? Yeah, that's what i thought.

Funny thing is, the radio is always off for me, lol.

And LOL, you REALLY think Bush acted slowly because it was Louisiana? My god.

Hell, who the hell knows if he would've reacted faster if it was Texas. I'm sure he would have, but not much. That's one of those "oh shit" moments, I mean if you're from Florida and bam Florida is slammed by a Category 5 you're like SEND SHIT ASAP TO FIX IT OMG WTF. It's just a natural instinct kind of thing - something happens to your home and you're more concerned about it than your neighbor's home. It's human instinct. And no this is not some shit you reply to with "Well the President should be concerned for the entire nation". He obviously was, lol. I saw nothing wrong with Bush's personal reaction to Katrina and the actions he himself personally did. FEMA was a complete joke but George Bush did nothing wrong from what I saw.

Black people jump at the opportunity to blame him, blame his reaction, all this stuff. I even watched an entire film a few months ago at college that was saying people in the 9th Ward think Bush pulled the levees on purpose. LOL.

Point is, when shit breaks, people immediately want to point fingers. It causes a sense of relief once you can rest your finger on something and blame it rather than not knowing WTF just happened. Natural human instinct again. People jump at the gun WAY too much when blaming Bush's post-Katrina response.

Funny thing is, the radio is always off for me, lol.

And LOL, you REALLY think Bush acted slowly because it was Louisiana? My god.

Hell, who the hell knows if he would've reacted faster if it was Texas. I'm sure he would have, but not much. That's one of those "oh shit" moments, I mean if you're from Florida and bam Florida is slammed by a Category 5 you're like SEND SHIT ASAP TO FIX IT OMG WTF. It's just a natural instinct kind of thing - something happens to your home and you're more concerned about it than your neighbor's home. It's human instinct. And no this is not some shit you reply to with "Well the President should be concerned for the entire nation". He obviously was, lol. I saw nothing wrong with Bush's personal reaction to Katrina and the actions he himself personally did. FEMA was a complete joke but George Bush did nothing wrong from what I saw.

Black people jump at the opportunity to blame him, blame his reaction, all this stuff. I even watched an entire film a few months ago at college that was saying people in the 9th Ward think Bush pulled the levees on purpose. LOL.

Point is, when shit breaks, people immediately want to point fingers. It causes a sense of relief once you can rest your finger on something and blame it rather than not knowing WTF just happened. Natural human instinct again. People jump at the gun WAY too much when blaming Bush's post-Katrina response.

So, you are stating he is entirely faultless and what he did was a superb job and he couldn't have improved or should have handled the situation better? George Bush has no more power than the other two branches. He is merely a face of the gov't that is pretty much there for someone to point the fingers at when something goes wrong. I.e Katrina. But, his job is entitled "Executive". He did not execute quick enough and it was ridiculous

So, you are stating he is entirely faultless and what he did was a superb job and he couldn't have improved or should have handled the situation better? George Bush has no more power than the other two branches. He is merely a face of the gov't that is pretty much there for someone to point the fingers at when something goes wrong. I.e Katrina. But, his job is entitled "Executive". He did not execute quick enough and it was ridiculous

OK Are we really having this argument on here.

Number one do you work in the government.....probably not. Do you know how long it takes things to get done....probably yes but you choose to ignore it because you dont want to be wrong. Do you have all the facts. Bush's reaction time was actually really fast considering the resources we had at the time.

Number two. what would you have done send in the aid as soon as the storm was over with no organization. And risk losing more lives to poor planning and if there was more of a storm. These things take time.

Number Three. They didnt know who was dead or who was alive. so that brought in a bunch of other problems.

Number Four. Kanye is a fucking prick for doing some of the shit hes done. Getting up on stage to interrupt a speech and say that someone else deserves the award. Even Obama said he was a jack ass.

Number Five. You really should gauge what an artist does cause that shows their true character. Like you cant listen to the music and ignore bad things they may or may not have done. If you do that then you have no real love for the artist. Take a hypothetical situation what would you do if Mike or Chester got up in the middle of a speech and said someone else deserves the award and before i start getting bitched at for saying that its HYPOTHETICAL. WOuld you stil listen to the music and ignore the ignorance.

Number 5. Jay-Z is one of the greatest rappers cause he can rap over anything.

And thats the whole point of having three powers so one cant take control over everything. thats why things take time. Bush has an idea it goes to the Senate back to Bush then to the House back to Bush then to the Judicial. Dont try to debate with me cause your gonna lose cause you have no factual evidence all you have is Heresay and opinions.

Moot point, this was over 4 years ago... And Bush is no longer President.. 2010 people, if we keep looking to the past, we're bound to repeat it...

As for Katrina, FEMA fucked that shit up, although, the President is at fault by default being as he is in charge. But trust me, we are more prepared now more than ever, just look at the response to Haiti. If you're not involved in the government in any way, shut your fucking mouth and let the professionals deal with it. I doubt that some fucking 11th grader knows more than someone that has put his entire 40+ years on this earth into the subject. Go read a Bible....

Moot point, this was over 4 years ago... And Bush is no longer President.. 2010 people, if we keep looking to the past, we're bound to repeat it...

As for Katrina, FEMA fucked that shit up, although, the President is at fault by default being as he is in charge. But trust me, we are more prepared now more than ever, just look at the response to Haiti. If you're not involved in the government in any way, shut your fucking mouth and let the professionals deal with it. I doubt that some fucking 11th grader knows more than someone that has put his entire 40+ years on this earth into the subject. Go read a Bible....

Since, i'm out of highschool you dumb mother ******. I have a lot more exp. with civics than you do, you dumbarse. Second of all, yeah bush showed all that "40 yrs of exp" by fucking up the country. Stay quiet little boy.

Number two. what would you have done send in the aid as soon as the storm was over with no organization. And risk losing more lives to poor planning and if there was more of a storm. These things take time.

Quote- members of the United States Congress and others charged that the relief efforts were slow because most of the affected areas were poor - USA TODAY

Number Five. You really should gauge what an artist does cause that shows their true character. Like you cant listen to the music and ignore bad things they may or may not have done. If you do that then you have no real love for the artist. Take a hypothetical situation what would you do if Mike or Chester got up in the middle of a speech and said someone else deserves the award and before i start getting bitched at for saying that its HYPOTHETICAL. WOuld you stil listen to the music and ignore the ignorance.

If that is true, then people would stop listening to Prince.. who is practically a sex addict. Or MJ because he is an accused molester. If the music is great, then ppl would still support the musician regardless of their personal life.

Number 5. Jay-Z is one of the greatest rappers cause he can rap over anything.

Doesn't mean hes great, there's a lot of underground rappers that are the same if not better than Jay-Z. Hes just a good at business and getting himself out in the limelight

And thats the whole point of having three powers so one cant take control over everything. thats why things take time. Bush has an idea it goes to the Senate back to Bush then to the House back to Bush then to the Judicial. Dont try to debate with me cause your gonna lose cause you have no factual evidence all you have is Heresay and opinions.

Please, i know plenty about Montesquieu and his Separation of Powers theory.