New Album: Update

Nameless

Great post overall. Nothing to complain about. Stop waiting and complaining for the new album. Listen to other bands/music. Discover new talent throughout this time. Hell work on an album/EP of your own. Shinoda is the only member who doesnt give fuck around answers. He must want to blow up Warner more than me XP Did anyone even watch RTR? So Joe was just standing there? Well i must be some retarded fuck then....

I think I can complain about anything I want... If I don´t like the way and the time this new CD is taking to be release is my right to complain.

But if you are ignorant and doesn´t understand that people have different opinions then you can continue in this path because you are doing a great job. ;)

And by the way...I totally agree with you last line. You must be some retarded....

I don't understand why people still think Joe didnt do much on MTM. Any sound other than guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and strings is him. Listen to it with that in mind and you'll see what I mean. Joe's job is more than just scratching. The problem is for anything but scratching when they play live just equates to him pressing a button to trigger a sample which makes people think he's not doing anything...someone had to record that sample and 9 times out of 10 it was probably Joe.

Well, the simple fact Mike acknowledged that Joe is being a bit more present throughout the session is proof enough that Joe simply was not there in his role as a DJ compared to what we have seen on HT and Meteora, and his stellar work on Reanimation and a ton of LP demos/other material.

While you're right that Joe is more than just scratching, it's pretty clear he didn't have as much of a defined role for MTM. In fact, on the MTM DVD, he was basically described as a "tech" assigned with putting sounds through different amps - in the weird ass and robotic way of the band assigning certain members to certain tasks. I'm willing to bet most of the non-instrument sounds we hear are more Mike also (in the studio).

Fact of the matter is, Joe has been an oddity of this band since MTM came out and the touring cycle began, so he needs to be more involved with the band in terms of how we used to know him with some excellent scratching solos, beats, and unique patterns that were really integral to defining LP's sound.

Seriously doubt anything more than a 12 track CD but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a special addition much like Atreyu's last CD that came out last month. There was a Best Buy edition with 2 B-sides AND a Hot Topic edition with a separate B-side. There might have been more, I didn't look it up. I know we will get at least one B-side like we did with NRL for iTunes.

Well, the simple fact Mike acknowledged that Joe is being a bit more present throughout the session is proof enough that Joe simply was not there in his role as a DJ compared to what we have seen on HT and Meteora, and his stellar work on Reanimation and a ton of LP demos/other material.

While you're right that Joe is more than just scratching, it's pretty clear he didn't have as much of a defined role for MTM. In fact, on the MTM DVD, he was basically described as a "tech" assigned with putting sounds through different amps - in the weird ass and robotic way of the band assigning certain members to certain tasks. I'm willing to bet most of the non-instrument sounds we hear are more Mike also (in the studio).

Fact of the matter is, Joe has been an oddity of this band since MTM came out and the touring cycle began, so he needs to be more involved with the band in terms of how we used to know him with some excellent scratching solos, beats, and unique patterns that were really integral to defining LP's sound.

Seriously doubt anything more than a 12 track CD but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a special addition much like Atreyu's last CD that came out last month. There was a Best Buy edition with 2 B-sides AND a Hot Topic edition with a separate B-side. There might have been more, I didn't look it up. I know we will get at least one B-side like we did with NRL for iTunes.

My question is, why the hell is it your problem if Joe is present on an album or not? If he chooses to not scratch and input into the bands music differently like he did for M2M, why is that a problem? Is it only acceptable to you guys if he contributes the way you feel you want him to contribute for it to count? If Joe wants to create beats instead of scratching, he is free to do that. It's none of anyone's business. If you don't like it, then don't buy the damn CD and spare the rest of us the same old argument that has been tossed around for the past 2 years. No one has a right to dictate the input of each band member to the band.

Mike probably acknowledges it because of all the accusations been thrown their way. Till Joe complains, i don't see a problem. The band decides what sound they want to have together.

And all this thing about Joe being the odd man out is just pure fan speculation. not based on any fact. You were not there behind the scenes or in the band to know what really happens in their creative process.

Edited by arbiter

I actually applaud SpraypaintNinkpens for asking that question (could have been worded better), but I think it's good to remind the guys directly that we want music from these guys!

I'm glad they've started to do just that, and I think the gem here is that Mike says they have things planned before the album comes out, with Across The Line being just an example. Sounds like we may be getting something else.

My question is, why the hell is it your problem if Joe is present on an album or not? If he chooses to not scratch and input into the bands music differently like he did for M2M, why is that a problem? Is it only acceptable to you guys if he contributes the way you feel you want him to contribute for it to count? If Joe wants to create beats instead of scratching, he is free to do that. It's none of anyone's business. If you don't like it, then don't buy the damn CD and spare the rest of us the same old argument that has been tossed around for the past 2 years. No one has a right to dictate the input of each band member to the band.

Mike probably acknowledges it because of all the accusations been thrown their way. Till Joe complains, i don't see a problem. The band decides what sound they want to have together.

And all this thing about Joe being the odd man out is just pure fan speculation. not based on any fact. You were not there behind the scenes or in the band to know what really happens in their creative process.

Where the HELL did I say it was my problem? What the hell is your deal? I was simply making an input that is quite obvious: Joe was not as present on MTM. I think Joe being present on the album a little more is CRUCIAL to Linkin Park's signature sound. You're right, I'm not behind the scenes of the band, I don't know anymore than anyone especially yourself.

I don't understand what the hell your bitching about. As a fan, I have every right to complain and question. I doubt Mike, as a professional musician and leader of an international band, would acknowledge something like this on his blog because of "accusations thrown their way." What are you, his agent? Joe had plenty to do with MTM, sure, but are there any Don't Stay intro solos? Nasty With You beats, scratches, solos, etc.? Nasty scratch breakdowns in bridges? No. MTM is a different album, sure, but I'd like for the band to utilize Joe more as an instrumentalist and not so much a programmer or "inside-beats man." And I don't care what you say, Mike make most of those beats anyways, and I am very much entitled to whatever the fuck I want to say about Joe Hahn and his role in the band.

I don't know what the hell got into you but I was making a very valid point. I shouldn't buy the "damn CD? Its no one's business what Joe does?" Seriously? Joe can do whatever he wants, please be aware I was only stating how I feel.

Unless you're a total dumass, I did not say Joe was the "odd man out." I said he has been an "oddity." Ask ANYONE who has been to their live show (or not for that matter) and its pretty obvious Joe was not the same character he was in previous years - so in that case, I found it odd and certainly ironic considering his "less of an impact," shall we say, role on MTM. Certainly not as if Joe was getting pushed out of the band or some BS like that.

What a bafoon.